Chapter 2

Hatake Natsumi P.O.V.

I roll my eyes and lean my chin on my hand as I watch Boruto. "That Boruto" Sarada says next to me. "Tsk. At least you only see him at school, he's my cousin so I see him way to much" I say annoyed. "I didn't know lord seventh had a sibling" Chocho says in front of me. "He doesn't" I answer. "But you said he's your cousin" Sarada says. "Yeah. My mom is like yondaime's sister" I say. "Isn't your mom like really old then?" Chocho asks. I laugh. "No, my mom was like 14 when Naruto-niichan was born. So he's more like an otouto to her. Hence Boruto is my cousin" I say. "Sounds complicated" Sarada sighs. "Not really. Family is family" I answer. "Unfortunately mine is quite annoying" I say rolling my eyes again. I turn back to my work again, and just as I write te last sentence from the board into my notebook the bell rings. Just as everyone I put my books in my bag and walk outside. "You coming to the mall with us Natsumi?" Chocho asks. "Unfortunately I have to head home. Family dinner or something. But I can tomorrow?" I ask. "I think tomorrow is fine" Sarada says as she looks at Chocho. Chocho nods. "Who...is that gorgeous man?" I follow Chocho's look and see my brother at the Gate. I sigh deeply. "That'll be my brother..." I say. "Can you introduce me?" Chocho grabs my hands. "Fine" reluctantly I walk over. "What are you doing here?" I ask annoyed. Kaiyo gasps dramatically. "You don't see me for days and this is how you act, shame on you squirt" he says dramatically and smirks. I look at him annoyed and he pokes my forehead. "You must be Natsumi's friends. Hello I'm Kaiyo" he says. Both Sarada and Chocho blush as they introduce them self. "Come on squirt" he says laying his hand on my shoulder. I say goodbye to my friends and walk with my brother.

I wrap my arms around the big Dalmatian laying in our living room. I press my face against his neck. "I'm so glad you're back" I whisper. The dog chuckles. "In a little while you'll be able to summon me yourself"  he says. "I do hope so" I say. "Of course you will. Your brother could" I say. "My aniki is just like my dad. My mother can't" I say. "Your mother has a pact with someone else girl. Don't worry" the Dalmatian says. "Tadaima" I hear father says as he's coming home. He and Pakkun walk into the living room. Of course Pakkun is very old now. "Is he okay?" I ask. "He's just old. Hana gave us medicine so he will be comfortable, but unfortunately sweetheart" dad crouches down beside me. "I think we're going to have to say our goodbyes to him, because he won't be with us for very long" he lays his hand on my head but I can see the sadness in his eyes. "Do they really have to come over then?" I whisper. "Yes baby, it's already been arranged. "Can I hold him?" I ask. "Yeah but be careful." I carefully lift Pakkun. "My sweet Pakkun" I whisper pressing my lips on his head. "Its okay girl" Pakkun says softly. As I sit down on the couch I look over at mom, dad and Kaiyo talking. Both mom and Kaiyo seem so sad. "I'm so sorry Anata" mom says as she hugs dad. "It's just nature" dad says but I see he's hurting. Kaiyo crouches down before me and softly pets Pakkun. "What are y'all acting so sad for?" Pakkun asks. He sounds so old. "Because we love you so much Pakkun" Kaiyo says softly. "You didn't when you yanked my tail you brat"

Naruto looks a little sad as he pets Pakkun who's laying comfortably on the couch. "I'm so sorry" Hinata says to mom. Mom sighs. "Thank you. Kakashi is hurting more then he leads on" she whispers. "Tsk. Now you come" Boruto scoffs. "Hey, show some respect" I snap at Boruto. "He came because my mom would kill him if he didn't and beside our dog is dying, which he knew also. And you're here whining because you don't get Your attention" I snap. "What did you say?!" Boruto snaps back. "So your mom threatening my dad helps? Well maybe I'll do the same" Boruto says. "Oh please you? You can't do shit" I snap at him. "Okay, lets all get along now huh?" Kaiyo says as he pulls both Boruto and I apart. I scoff as I cross my arms and as does Boruto. "You" he slaps Boruto on the back of his head. "You're in someone else's house, with a dying family member. Show some respect" he says before slapping me on the back of my head. "You may not always agree with him but Boruto is still your cousin. There will be a time you two might need each other, cause that's wat family do. Now say you're sorry, both of you" Kaiyo says. "But Kaiyo-niichan" Boruto says. "Both of you I said" Kaiyo says sternly. "I'm sorry" I say stubbornly. "Sorry" Boruto says, in the same tone. Both Hinata and mom seem surprised but don't say anything.  I walk over to mom and wrap my arms around her waist. "I know you're sad about Pakkun sweety, but you can't snap at your family like that. You should be happy you have a family" Mom says as she lays her hand on the back of my head and I sigh. "He doesn't mean it that bad" Hinata says smiling. "Why don't you go tell the rest dinner is ready" she says. "I will, Obasan" I mumble. I walk over to the living room. Naruto is talking to my dad. Himawari laughs about something Kaiyo said and Boruto is petting Pakkun now too. "Dinner is ready" I say before turning back.