Chapter 10

Hatake Natsumi P.O.V.

"Here's your bento" dad says as he places it beside my plate. "Thank you" I say. I take the last bite of my breakfast and stand up to put my bento in my bag. "Tadaima" I hear behind me. I turn around to see my mother. She's still in her ninja outfit, with her headband on her forehead. She seems very tired. "Okaerinasai okaasan" I say happily. "Thank you baby. I've been gone for a few days and look how much you've grown" she kisses me.  "You wearing those little bras I got you?" She whispers. I nod. "Hey baby" she says to Kaiyo as she kisses him. "Okaeri kaachan" he says. "Hey baby" dad says as he kisses mom and mom kisses back long. "I missed you" she sighs as she sits down. "I missed you too, let me grab you a plate" dad says, walking to the kitchen. "Thanks Anata" mom says. "How was the mission?" Kaiyo asks. "Fine, how are you?" Mom asks before looking at me. "Aren't you going to be late?" She asks. "Shoot yes!" I quickly put my bag on my shoulder. "Bye!" I kiss my brother on his cheek, and my mother too. "Bye dad" I run into the kitchen to kiss dad before putting on my shoes and run off. I arrive at school just in time. "Can I sit here?" I ask Inojin as I stand beside the empty seat next to him. "Sure" he says a little surprised. "Why are you out of breath?" He asks as I put my notebooks on the table. "My mom came home this morning and I forgot the time so had to run" I say. I smile at him when Shino starts the class. I open my notebook when he starts with history. "Your handwriting is really good" Inojin says, making me smile and I put my hand up when I know the answer to the question Shino just asked.

In teams of three we have to finish an obstacle course. I'm used to being chosen last, probably because I'm not as good as everyone. I look down at my feet, ready to be chosen last again. "Wanna join up with us?" Surprised I look up to see Inojin and Houki. It's almost funny how much he's dressed as my dad. "Yeah sure" I say smiling. After the whistle we take off. We finish just outside of the designated time. "I'm sorry guys, it's my fault" I say, rubbing my arm. "What are you talking about?" Houki says surprised. "You weren't clumsy this time" Inojin says, slightly teasing. "Yeah, because of you our time isn't that bad" Houki adds. "Well, thank you I guess" I tuck my hair behind my ear. "We just have to be faster though but it went well" Inojin smiles at me, making me smile. Shino-sensei fails us all though. Because those of us that did clear the course, did so by leaving their teammates behind. After arithmetics class school is over. "Natsu wait up!" I wait for Boruto before continue walking home. "What's going on, you're acting so weird" he says. "I am?" I ask. "Yeah ever since we started the academy" Boruto folds his arms behind his head. "Since when do you care?" I ask, stubbornly. "You're family, I have always cared" he says in the same tone so I sigh deeply. "You know how it is, with Naruto-Ojisan as your father" I say. "There's so much pressure to you know..be like my parents or be like my brother" I sigh again. "I can't live up to that" I mumble. "You're selling yourself short you know" Boruto says. "You're doing much better then you think"

"It's not like I was letting her near Natsumi, Nojiko. She walked up to me while I was with Natsumi" I hear dad say as I take off my shoes. "How come that woman is still bothering us after eighteen fucking years Kakashi?" Mom sighs. "I don't know baby" dad sighs. "You didn't fuck her again did you?" She asks. "I'm actually offended you're asking me this, Nojiko. You know it was only back then.." Dad says. "I don't know actually Kakashi, but fine I'll believe you. I'm just bothered by this" carefully I follow the voices. "I know baby, as am I. I just want to be left alone" I walk into the kitchen and see dad, having his hands on moms shoulder why he presses a kiss on her blonde hair. "Tadaima" I say. "Okaeri baby, how was school" mom asks. "Fine" I say, handing her my bento. Kaiyo walks in throwing the door open, a piece of candy still sticking out from between his lips. "What's for dinner?" He asks as he sucks it in. Mom looks at him slightly annoyed. "It's been a while since we're all together for dinner so I'm making broiled saury, with fried rice and renkon" mom says. "Natsu-chan, you're home!" Kaiyo says overly exited before lifting me and throwing me over his shoulder. "Niisan!" I say annoyed but start laughing as he swirls around while walking toward the living room. "Toochan and kaachan need a moment together squirt" he says, lifting me from his shoulders but let himself fall onto the couch, taking me with him. "Who is the woman they're talking about?" I ask. "No idea" He says as I lay my head on his shoulder. "I really missed you when I was on my mission" Kaiyo lays his hand on my cheek, kissing my head. "Missed you too" I say. "When are you leaving again?" I ask. "I don't know. I'm on stand by so Naruto-niichan kan ask me anytime" he says. I sigh deeply and wrap my arms around my brother. "I'm lucky with a brother like you" I say. Kaiyo chuckles. "Thank you squirt. How was school today?" He asks. "We had to work in teams" I say. "How did that go?" He asks. "Pretty good actually" I answer. "Kaiyo, Natsumi come get your tea" mom calls from the kitchen.