Chapter 1

Hatake Kaiyo P.O.V.

Yawning I step into the house. It's been a few days since I've been home, but lord seventh or as I call him Naruto-niichan gave me a long mission. But I did miss my baby sisters entrance ceremony this morning. "Tadaima!" I say. But I hear my mother rattling. Rubbing the back of my neck I follow the sound I see my father looking at my mother amused. "I said tadaima, geez what's wrong?" I ask. "Okaerinasai sweetheart" mother says. "You know I can cut your hair right?" She says tucking it behind my ear. "No I'm growing it. So what's all the fuss about?" I ask as I sit down across from my father. "You didn't hear what happened at the entrance exam?" Father asks. "No, but Naruto-niichan did seem a bit annoyed" I say. "Boruto..." mothers voice trembles in anger. "Crashed a train into the stone heads" she says. "He did what?" I ask surprised. "Crashed a train into the stone heads" father repeats my mother. I start laughing loudly.  "Thats not funny Baka" mother says slapping the back of my head. "It's amazing, how in the world did he do that?" I laugh. "Oh his poor teacher" I say. "It's the same teacher that's going to teach your sister" father says. "Boruto is her cousin, she could handle him from the moment she could walk" I say, waving my hand. "I'm not worried" father says, leaning his chin on his hand. Mother places tea in front of us before sitting down at the head of the table. "I hoped he wouldn't get that trait from his father, poor Hinata" mother sighs. Father looks at her amused again. "It'll be fine. Hinata can handle them" he says. "Yeah.. I'm glad you're home again sweetheart. How was your mission" mother lays her hand on mine and I smile. "Succes"

With my arms crossed I listen to Boruto's story, while Hinata walks in with tea. "So where in all this was it a good idea to hijack the train and ram it into the stone heads?" I lay my fingertips against my forehead. "You really are stupid" I poke Boruto against his forehead with my index and middle finger. "Hey!" He says annoyed. "Your intentions were good Boruto, your execution not so much. Next time call for help or wait until you're actually a Shinobi" I say amused. Boruto scoffs as he looks away. "Thank you for coming over" Hinata says. "We're family right Obasan" Natsumi says, making Hinata smile. "Okaasan said she'd call you later" I say to Hinata. "I'll wait for it then" Hinata says. I look at Boruto amused again before sitting down next to my sister, pulling Himawari on my lap. "I'm glad your mother and Naruto gotten so close over the years" Hinata says. "Why is that?" Natsumi asks. "Hmm Naruto never really had family growing up. His parents had died and he didn't know who they were, so naturally he didn't know your Hahaue" Hinata says. "Okaasan wasn't around?" I ask a little surprised. "She was on a mission for twelve years actually. He only knew who she was right before the war" Hinata says. Natsumi and I look at each other surprised. "I'm sorry, I thought you knew" Hinata says. "That's okay. What counts is that eventually they knew and they're close now and we're family...right?" I say, a little unsure. "Yeah" Hinata says. "Don't blame your mother. She really wanted Naruto to know sooner. But as a Shinobi you must follow orders" Hinata says. "Must've been hard on Obasan" Boruto says. "I bet it was" Hinata says

Sitting on the railing of my balcony I stare up at the stars. "Not very good at sitting still at home huh?" Dad leans his forearms beside me. "I used to be like that" he says. "What are you talking about? Okaasan said you were always reading Icha Icha paradise" I say chuckling. "I was" father says amused. "But not at home." He adds. "Why?" Father sighs deeply. "You know Kaiyo. When you're mother and I were growing up, we didn't have the peaceful times you and your sister, thankfully know. We experienced two great wars actually. And in between those two there were always tensions." I frown slightly as I look at my father. "Both your mother and I were in the Anbu from a very young age. At your age we've seen and done things you can't even imagine. I didn't have a very good childhood so I wasn't good at staying home" Father smiles at me. "And mom?" I ask. "Well, from her fourteenth until her twentysixth she was on a mission during which she lost the only family she had left; her brother and sister in law. She wasn't allowed to return home so I'd say she didn't either" father says. "I'm sorry" I say. "It was normal back then Kaiyo. Lots of people were alone. But I have a loving family now so I enjoy my retired life" I say. I smile as I tuck my hair behind my ear. "Oh please I know Naruto-niichan still sends you and mom on special missions" I say, making dad chuckle. "We live in a time of peace now Kaiyo. You do know that right?" Father asks. "Yeah but who knows how long that'll last" I answer looking up. Dad chuckles again. "You remind me so much of your mom sometimes. You're right. Let's go inside okay?" He lays his hand on mine for a moment before going inside. I sigh before following him.  Mom just pours dad some sake as he opens his book. "What are you going tomorrow?" Mom asks as I slouch down on the couch. "No plans yet" I answer as I take my phone from my pocket. My thumb hovers over Mirai's name. I look up to see my mother smiling at me. "What?" I ask smiling as I tuck my hair behind my ear again. "I'm just glad you're home" she presses a kiss on top of my head before leaving toward the kitchen.