Chapter 6

Hatake Natsumi P.O.V.

Inojin drops down on the bench beside me. "Are you waiting for your parents again?" He asks, smirking slightly. "That's not fair" I say, chuckling. "No, my aniki actually" I answer his question. "You're quite clumsy aren't you? First you hit your head now you twist your ankle, with cleaning actually" he says. I shrug. "I guess, but we won though" I add, tucking my short grey hair behind my ear. "Allright I'll give you that." He says. "I'm surprised though. Considering your chichiue is the sixth Hokage" he says. I look down at my feet. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" He asks. "Boruto knows" I answer. "Only because he's your cousin" I sigh deeply. "I know what you said to Boruto, about him being the son of lord seventh" I say, looking up again. "I didn't want anyone to say the same about me, because of my chichiue." I answer. "Even though I share the same name so anyone could know. I want to be recognized on my own efforts and not about who my family is" I say. At that moment I see my brother walking onto academy grounds. As he sees me he smiles and walks over. "I have enough to live up to without anyone reminding me" I look at Inojin. "You think you're the only one who has to live up to expectations?" He asks. "I'm the only one with three Hokage's in the family" I say. "Boruto has" he says. "He doesn't. My father married into his family, they don't share blood. I actually do share blood with three Hokage's. Whereas Boruto only shares blood with two. Which do you think causes more pressure" I ask. But before he can answer my brother has reached us. "If it isn't my clumsy kawaii imouto " he chuckles "please don't" I say. "Let's go home" he says gently.

Kaiyo carries me on his back while he walks home. "So capture the flag between boys and girls huh? That's sounds like an interesting day. Who won?" Kaiyo asks. I lay my cheek against my arm which is on his shoulder. "The girls did" I say proudly. "Yoku Yatta!" Kaiyo says, causing me to smile. "Boruto did summon a weird creature though. It threw Chocho off the building but she was saved by Shikadai, Inojin and Boruto. But then it came after them and they were saved by Konohamaru-sensei" I say. "Really? And where in all this did you twist your ankle?" Kaiyo asks. "While cleaning up" I mumble. Kaiyo laughs loudly. "Niisan" I say pouting. "Warui warui" he laughs. "You really are clumsy huh?" He asks. I sigh deeply. "Which is a bad trait for a shinobi" I mumble. "Don't be ridiculous" Kaiyo says. "Shinobi can be clumsy too" he says but suddenly stops walking. I look up and see that Mirai is standing in front of us, looking at Kaiyo seriously. "You can't keep avoiding me forever Kaiyo" she says. "Can we not do this right now?" He asks. What's with his voice. "Then when huh? You don't respond to my texts or calls" Mirai says. "Hi Mirai-san" I say. Mirai looks at me and her expression changes too. "I have to get her home" Kaiyo says softly. "I just want to talk Kaiyo-kun" Mirai says. Her voice sounds strange too. Kaiyo sighs, bringing his fingertips to his forehead before putting it back underneath my leg. "We can talk tomorrow okay" he says "when?" She asks. "Noon, at that new pastry place" Kaiyo answers.  "You better not stand me up Kaiyo" she says before jumping away. "What was that all about?" I ask as Kaiyo continues walking.  "It doesn't matter" Kaiyo says. "Onisan" I say after an awkward silence. "I love you" I mumble. "I love you too squirt" he sighs.

Kaiyo softly puts me down after he entered the house. "You can't keep doing this to me Kakashi" mom shouts. "I never wanted to have kids in the first place, you promised me I wouldn't be a stay at home mom!" Mom adds. "You can't keep throwing that back to me as if you don't love them" he snaps. It's actually the first time I hear my parents arguing. Something on Kaiyo's face changes. He takes my wrist and pulls me with him. "Hey, that's enough" he says as he pulls me into the kitchen where our mom and dad stand across from each other. "You're home already" mom sighs as she brings her fingertips to her forehead. "This has nothing to do with you guys, can you please go upstairs?" Dad asks. "Not if you continue arguing" Kaiyo says. "Let's just go Niisan" I mumble. Kaiyo sighs as he lifts me. "Stop being stupid" he says to our parents as he leaves the kitchen. "Nojiko, you keep forgetting that I'm the former Hokage. Most of the stuff I have to do has to do with that. It's not like I'm taking missions away from you" dad says softly. "How can I forget if I'm constantly reminded" mom sighs. "Baby...times are different, there's just much less to do for specialized, experienced shinobi like us. I promise when Naruto has something he'll call for you" dad says. "Our kids need you, Natsumi more then Kaiyo does. Why don't you enjoy that" dad adds. "I do. But I'm not stay at home material. You know that" mom says. "Then train them" he answers. "They want to be trained by you Kakashi. Just...never mind, forget it" mom sighs. "Nojiko.." Dad sighs. "Forget it Kakashi. Just call them okay, for tea" Kaiyo walks back into the kitchen.  Dad looks at mom, with a helpless look on his face while mom makes tea. "I know you were listening" he says softly as Kaiyo passes him by. Kaiyo ignores it as he puts me on a chair. "What happened to you huh?" Dad asks as he sits down next to me and lays my ankle on his leg. "Twisted my ankle" I say softly, looking at him carefully. "This has nothing to do with you" he says, smiling as he strokes my hair but his eyes are sad.