Chapter 29

Hatake Natsumi P.O.V.

"Natsu-chan!" I turn around and see Hinata and Himawari walking toward me. "Obasan?" I ask surprised. "We're making a cake for Boruto's birthday!" Himawari says enthusiastically. "I look forward to it Hima-chan" I say. "I want to talk for a bit. Do you have a moment?" I nod. We step aside, as Hinata sends Himawari to the bookstore. "So when I was little, I was expected to be the heiress of the hyuuga" Hinata says. "As you can imagine that put quite some pressure on me." Hinata smiles. "Soon they said I was too weak, or too kind. But I never gave up, you know why?" I shake my head. "Because there was someone who gave me strength, who I wanted to show my skills and wanted to notice me" she says. "Naruto-jisan?" I ask. "Yes. We know you have the strength. It's within you. Hanabi told me so herself. You just let the fear stop you" Hinata bows slightly toward me. "You just need to find someone or something you want to show it too" Hinata smiles again, lays her hand on my head for a moment. "I'll see you tonight" with that she leaves. As I think what she said I walk toward the Forrest. As Inojin is waiting for me I smile. I've always liked him. I've known it from the beginning. Even though He treats me horrible sometimes. He's always been the one. "What's this?" Inojin asks. "I'm trying a new look" I say. Inojin carefully pulls my facemask down and rolls it into a regular turtleneck. "Don't. It doesn't suit you" he says. I smile slightly looking in his green eyes before wrapping my arms around his neck, hugging me. "What's this?" He asks laying his hands on my back. I close my eyes hugging him tightly and smile slightly as he wraps his arms around my waist and hugs back.

Carefully I look around at the people in the room. Sarada and Mitsuki are talking with Boruto, though Sarada seems annoyed like always and Mitsuki is amused. Kaiyo is having a conversation with Sakura and even though he smiles, his eyes don't. He's changed ever since his friend died. We all know it. All the adults look at him worried from time to time but dad said it's best to leave him be for now. Mom is smiling as Himawari shows her something. It's my family but I still don't feel at home. "You've been in deep thoughts all evening. Is something wrong?" I look up. "I'm sorry. No nothing is wrong" Hinata tilts her head slightly. "I've been thinking about what you said" I say softly. "It's really within you, everyone sees it" she says. "That only makes it worse" I sigh, running my hand through my head. "You just have to shake off your fear. You can do it" Hinata says smiling. I sigh as she walks off and sits down beside my mother. I just want to go home. I walk over to Boruto, Sarada and Mitsuki. "You've been absent lately" Sarada says, placing her hand on her hip. "I've been training a lot. Took a little while before my team could work together really. I'm really curious how they got to this pairing" I sigh. "You don't like them?" Mitsuki asks. "Oh but I do. We just have completely different fighting styles. I don't know for sure how This is supposed to work. And because my sensei is a student of my mom, I'm the one that's always the disappointment" I say sadly. "I'm sure Hanabi-nee doesn't mean it that way" Boruto says. "I'm not sure about that" I answer.

Frustrated I slam my fist against the wall, because of me we lost the second round of the chunin exams. If I was only stronger, the flag wouldn't be captured. "Hey there squirt" Kaiyo says. "Please leave me alone, Niisan" I whisper looking down at me feet. Kaiyo lays his hand on my head. "You didn't do bad Natsu. You didn't. That guy was just better" Kaiyo says softly. I close my eyes and grit my teeth. "Hey, you can be proud of yourself" he says softly squeezing in my shoulder. "I don't want to see them right now" I whisper. "I'll stall them. Come and find us when you're ready" Kaiyo presses a soft kiss on top of my head. "I thought I could find you here. You're so predictable" I sigh softly. "You here to laugh at me?" I ask. "I'm not actually. You did pretty good actually" I turn around to look at Inojin. "That's something, coming from you" I say. "Then you better believe it" Inojin smiles slightly. "I won't be able to meet, until after the next round" He adds. He steps closer to me. "So I wanted to collect my good luck kiss early" Inojin says softly, leaning his hand against the wall beside my head before pressing his lips softly against mine. I kiss back laying my hands against his chest. "Good luck" I whisper as our lips part. "Don't beat yourself up too much okay?" With that Inojin leaves. I sigh deeply before I walking in the opposite direction. I turn a few corners and find my parents standing with my brother. "There she is" mom says smiling. "Please stop" I whisper. "You didn't do bad sweetheart" mom lays her hand on my head. "Come on, we'll treat you to dinner" mom says as she walks past me. Kaiyo winks and walks with her. As I want to follow them I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Who would've thought you'd have the same chakra nature as your old man. I'd sworn you'd have the same as your mother" I look up at dad. "It was a nice trick you pulled. A shame really it didn't work out. I'd love to see how'd you do at the next round" I look down at my feet. "It's time I start training you. I kan teach you a thing or two" dad squeezes my shoulder before following my brother and mother. I quickly run after them.