Chapter 7

Hatake Kaiyo P.O.V.

If mom and dad keeping me up all night wasn't an indication they made op, their giggling and kissing coming from the kitchen is. "Ohayo" I say yawning as I enter the kitchen. "Ohayo, you're up early" mom says, still glowing. "Yeah, you kind of kept me up all night" I say, glancing at my parents. They both blush. "I'm sorry about that" dad says as he puts breakfast on the table. "No you're not" I say. Dad smirks. "I'm not" he says before walking out. "Natsumi, breakfast or you're going to be late" he shouts, before walking back in. "I'm real happy that you like still have this amazing love life after al these years, but could you like don't try to traumatize your kids" I say. "That's where you're mistaken my boy" dad says as he sits down across from me. "Traumatizing kids is a hobby of mine" he says with a real scary face. "I see" I say awkwardly. "If you really want to traumatize us you should leave the door open, or do it here in the kitchen or living room" I say. Dad makes that scary face again. "Who says we haven't already done that?" Dad says. "Ew gross" I say pulling a face. "You called that one on yourself baby" mom laughs as she sits down next to me and Natsumi walks in. "Yeah well, never mind" I mumble. "Son, your mom and I have been doing it for more then twenty years, why would we stop just because we got kids?" He asks. "Please I'm trying to eat over here" I say, grossed out. "Just wait until you lose your virginity boy" dad says. "What makes you think that he hasn't already?" Natsumi asks with her mouth full. "Natsumi" mom says warning her. "He's my son baby, I know" dad says. I sigh deeply. "Yeah just what every kid wants, a breakfast with a conversation about sex" I say before taking another bite. "Again by your own doing" mom says while she and dad look at each other amused.

"You really shouldn't be eating all these sweets. You'll get cavities" Mirai sits down across from me and smiles shyly. "I won't, I brush my teeth twice a day and go to the dentist regularly" I say amused. I look down at my pastry and take a piece with my fork. "So...Kaiyo-kun" Mirai says softly. "Don't" I say, seriously and looking up. "But.." I shake my head and take the bite. "I don't want to talk about it" I say. "But Kaiyo.." Mirai says but she stops talking as she sees my look. "You're my best friend Mirai" I say, purposely leaving the chan out. "I made a mistake okay? Let's just move on, I'll get over it" I say, leaning back in the chair and crossing my arms in front of my chest. The look on her face changes, more hurt. I suddenly lost my appetite and push the plate with the pastry away. "Why are you so stubborn?" Mirai asks. "You won't even let me talk. Technically I'm older then you so" she says. I smile amused and lean my chin on my hand. "So what?" I ask. "The least you can do is listen to me" she says, stubbornly. "Fine" I say. "But not here" I say. "Why? You wanted to meet here" she says as I stand up. "That was because I didn't want to listen" I say. "Now come on" I turn around and leave the pastry shop. "Where are we going?" Mirai asks as she catches up to me. "wherever you want, Mirai-chan" I say, folding my hands behind my head as we walk. "You wanted to talk, you pick a place" I say, as if I don't care but actually my heart is beating fast.  "Okey, well then follow me" she says. I sigh as I watch her walk for a little before I speed up to walk next to her. I smile amused as she seems annoyed. Just how it's supposed to be.  "So you're going to tell me?" I ask. "No. You'll see" she says stubbornly.

I lean my forearm on my knee while sitting in the grass field. The wind blows through my hair, causing lose strands to escape from my small ponytail. "It's not like I don't like you" Mirai says carefully. I can't even bring myself to smile. "Just not in that way, I get it Mirai" I say softly. "Not even that" I glance at her sideways. "Because I do like you, maybe even in that way" she says. I scoff because I don't believe her. "I mean it" Mirai says. "How convenient" I mumble. "Kaiyo!" Mirai says sternly, making me look at her. "Have the decency to listen as I talk to you" she says, causing me to smile slightly. "I didn't kiss back because you surprised me" she says. "And before I could choose what to you, you already backed off and ran away" Mirai says, still looking at me angry. "When you kissed me" Mirai sighs as she looks down at the village and as do I. "It caused me to have...feelings" I smile amused again. "That I didn't know I had" Mirai sighs. "But I grew up with you, you're my best friend and I don't want to lose that over..you know if we try something and it doesn't turn out to be real" she says. "So you're still rejecting me?" I ask amused. "No I'm not Kaiyo" Mirai says annoyed. "I'm asking you to give me some time to figure out what I feel, and still be my best friend at the same time" I sigh deeply. "How much time do you need?" I ask. "I don't know" Mirai whispers. "Well then" I say, leaning both hands behind me. "I'm going to treat this as a rejection then" I say, Mirai looks at me surprised. "So I can deal with the hurt now, and I won't feel it when you actually reject me" I say. "And what if I don't reject you?" She asks. "Then I'll be even more happy" I say, smiling at her happily. "You're so weird" she says, chuckling.