Battle Scars (s.r)

summary: a blurb of spencer being a proud boyfriend :)
tw warning: mentions of self harming! pls be cautious proceeding if you are sensitive to that subject!
a/n: to a friend who has been struggling, and for you all who feel alone. spencer and i are always here and we're so proud <3 (listen to the song!)

y/n sat in the bathroom, tears running down her cheeks as she stared at what she had done in her teenage years.

she had struggled with depression and anxiety ever since she was little. in her teen years she tried coping in different ways, unaware of how they would effect her when she was an adult.

"y/n?" Spencer called out from the bedroom as his feet padded against the carpet floor.

Spencer was quickly alarmed by the noise coming from the room as he opened the bathroom door.

"oh, sweetheart." Spencer cooed, sitting down and pulling her into a hug.

she latched onto him, sobbing into his chest as they laid on the tile. "it's okay, love." he cooed.

"i-i'm so ashamed." y/n choked out, her nose running and mascara dripping. 

"why?" Spencer asked.

"they're so... ugly." she cried.

"they're not ugly, y/n. you know what these are?" his thumb traced over the small scars.

"these are your battle scars. it shows the fight you've gone through your whole life, and you continue to go on." he whispered, pulling her closer to him.

"i'm so proud of who you are, y/n. i don't know what i would do without you here.

i'm so proud that you continue to fight, you continue to put on a brave face when on the inside you're hurting."

"i don't deserve you, Spencer. you deserve someone who's not a mess, who's got their life together. someone who is happy." y/n fought back.

"no, y/n. i deserve you. you're the love of my life, y/n. i never want to let you go."

her eyes ached as her heart was pounding in her chest. "i love you so much, Spencer."

"i love you so much, y/n. thank you for staying- thank you for staying with me." Spencer softly smiled at her.

a/n: i'm so proud of you all. please reach out to me at any time, i'm always here. spencer and i love you :)

hold on, for us. please.