Turbulence (s.r)

spencer reid x reader
summary: reader hates turbulence
warnings: anxiety, fluff, language

Garcia signed off the laptop, as the jet started to violently shake. you sucked in a breath, gripping onto the leather seat.

you took the brown seat belt, tightly buckling it around you. when you looked up, you saw Rossi doing a cross over his chest.

"i didn't know you guys were bad flyers." Spencer said from next to you.

you looked up at the agent.

"i'm not, i just hate turbulence." Rossi answered for you both.

"you know, turbulence very rarely causes planes to crash." Spencer stated.

"that does me absolutely no good at the moment, thank you." Rossi sarcastically answered.

"what we really need to worry about are micro bursts. it's a sudden down burst of air associated with thunderstorms but a small craft like this, if we hit one of those with the wrong altitude," Spencer paused letting out a crashing sound.

"we're pulverized." he finished.

your chest started feeling heavy, as you hid your face in your hands.

"i beg of you to make him stop." Rossi said, looking at you.

Spencer glanced down at you, seeing you taking deep breaths. your hands were shaking, your leg bouncing viciously.

"but, but that is unlikely to happen." he reassured you, his hand grabbing your thigh to calm you.

you leaned into your boyfriend, his arm wrapping around your waist as you buried your face into his shoulder.

the team noticed, but decided to leave it alone since you were feeling anxious.

another large gust of wind hit the plane, JJ's glass of water toppling over and spilling on the table.

you slightly gasped, one of your hands gripping Spencer's thigh and your other one grabbing for his blue sweater.

he squeezed you tightly, as you accidentally dug your nails into his thigh. luckily for Spencer, his jeans blocked the pain.

"Y/n, we're going to be alright, okay love? we're perfectly safe." Spencer reassured you, lowering his voice so only you could hear him.

"i.. i know. but it's still scary." you breathed out, voice shaky.

"baby, turbulence is a very natural thing." he mumbled to you, rubbing circles onto your lower back.

"could you um, could you play with my hair please? you know it always calm me down." you muttered, finally looking up into Spencer's brown eyes.

Spencer gave you a nod, as you turned your body slightly. his hands fell into your hair, twirling the soft strands in his fingers.

you let out a breathy sigh, trying to distract yourself as you started a conversation with Emily.

"alright everyone. i want you all to be buckled in, we'll discuss the case more when we land." Hotch ordered, finding his place in a single seat and buckling up.

the turbulence got slightly better thirty minutes later, as you lowered to the ground in order to land.

as the plane got a bit lower, the air-pocket the plane was in dropped, causing the jet to drop fifty feet.

you let out a slight scream, your face pushing
it's way back into Spencer's shoulder. your chest got heavier, and tears pricked your eyes.

the team was breathing heavy, surprised by the sudden drop in altitude.

your nails gripped into your boyfriend's thigh harder, as he tried his best to keep you calm.

a hour later the plane finally landed, causing you to let out a deep sigh and stand up quickly. you wanted out of this jet fast.

when the pilot opened the jet door, you saw it was pouring outside. Spencer grabbed your waist, taking his sweater and pulling it over the both of you.

you two ran towards the black SUV, getting into the back seat as Rossi and Morgan got into the driver and passenger seats.

"of course we get this shit show during a tornado." Rossi groaned, starting the car.

your slightly damp body leaned into Spencer, as he kissed your temple.

"i'm just happy to be off that plane." you answered.

"Y/n, i never knew you got so nervous flying." Morgan said leaning back into the seat.

"i normally don't, but turbulence scares the shit out of me." you responded, holding Spencer's hand in yours.

"and your genius boyfriend over there was not making it better." Rossi teased, causing you all to laugh.

"hey!" Spencer shot back, as you gave his hand a squeeze.