Just Friends (m.g.g)

matthew gray gubler x reader
summary: reader and matthew have feelings for each other, but tell everyone they're just friends
warnings: pure fluff, language, making out
based on a dream i had last night

"Matthew!" Y/n grinned, wrapping her arms around the tall man.

"hey, Y/n." Matthew laughed, hugging the girl a little longer then he should have.

"let me introduce you to my friend" Y/n smiled, leading Matthew into the living room of her apartment.

"Matthew, this is James. James, Matthew" Y/n introduced.

James brought Matthew into a hug, which he wasn't expecting, but quickly hugged the shorter man back.

James' phone started ringing, as him and Y/n looked at the caller id. seeing 'hubby💍' brought Matthew a form of relief.

"just one second" James winked at Y/n, walking onto her balcony.

Y/n sat down onto her couch, with Matthew following by plopping down right next to her.

"how do you two know each other?" Matthew asked, taking Y/n's hand and playing with her fingers.

"we met at a gay bar when James was single" Y/n smiled, her body leaning into the tall man.

"and you didn't invite me?" Matthew gasped.

Y/n let out a laugh.

"you're right, i should've. especially after seeing that video of you dancing in your documentary videos" Y/n teased.

"you know i dance amazing." Matthew said matter-of-factly.

James walked in, saying sorry and about how his fiancé just wanted to speak with him on his lunch break.

the three got into a deep conversation that was filled with laughs, when James took note of how Matthew was laying on Y/n with her hands playing in his hair.

"so, are you two, ya know?" James winked.

"no, no" Y/n blushed, running her hand through the lanky man's curls.

"we're just friends" Matthew smiled, his head leaning into your touch.

"mhm" James replied, playfully rolling his eyes as he got a text.

"i'm so sorry, but i have to go." James said, getting up.

"i'll walk you out" Y/n smiled, Matthew rolled over onto the couch to let the (short/tall) woman go.

James was halfway out the white door, before turning back to his friend.

"girl, if you don't bang that man soon." James said, causing Y/n to let out a gasp as heat rose to her face.

"we're just friends" Y/n repeated Matthew's words from earlier.

"just friends my ass. i see the way you look at each other. i'll catch you later." James winked, walking down the plain hallway of your apartment.

Y/n closed the door, returning back to Matthew as he was flipping through the tv channels, his long legs laid across the grey couch.

the woman laid down, her legs tangling with Matthew's.

"whatcha thinking about, bub?" Matthew asked, looking at the girl sat across from him. she looked deep in thought.

"you" Y/n responded, looking into the light brown eyes of her 'friend.'

"me?" Matthew smirked, sitting up straighter.

"yep" Y/n smiled.

Y/n then realized, that maybe all those unconscious cuddles, hand holding, and touches weren't just in a friend way.

"what about me?" Matthew asked, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"wouldn't you like to know?" Y/n smirked.

"oh that's it." Matthew said, grabbing Y/n's ankles and dragging her towards him.

"no, no! i'm sorry!" Y/n pleaded, as Matthew began his tickle torture.

"nope. you deserve this." the brown haired man laughed, loving the way giggles were spurting from your mouth.

your (h/c) hair was sprawled against the grey couch, adding color to it's neutral tone. he was absolutely in love with you.

your (e/c) eyes sparkled, as you pleaded for him to give you mercy.

"alright, alright." Matthew laughed, plopping down onto your body. his head rested against her chest, his arms wrapped around her waist.

"i love you" Y/n whispered, instantly regretting it as soon as it fell from her lips. it just felt so natural to say.

"i love you too, Y/n." Matthew replied softly, lifting his head up to look at the girl.

the two leaned in, the kiss passionate and hot. they needed it, badly. his hands tangled through her hair, pulling her more against him.

her arms wrapped around his neck, as he now hovered on top of her. his free hand trailed up and down her exposed thigh, and she felt grateful for the shorts she chose to wear that day.

when they pulled away, the two rested their foreheads against each other.

"god, i'm so in love with you." Matthew breathed out.

"it's your lucky day. i just so happen to be in love with you too." Y/n joked, taking Matthew's lips back with hers.