"I Heard That" (s.r)

summary: reader over hears morgan ask spencer for relationship advice
warnings: my fluffiest bbs
ugh i do not want to do my english hw (its already a day late ;))

Y/n walked through the bullpen quietly, a freshly brewed cup of coffee in her hands as her boots thudded on the floor. she let out a small yawn, halting her footsteps when she heard talking in the next room over.

furrowing her brows, she pressed her ear to the slightly cracked door. "it's not even that bad, i just.. i don't know what to do." Morgan said.

"well what's happening?" Spencer asked. Y/n and Spencer had been married for about two years.

"it's Savannah. our work hours just don't sync and i think she's mad at me because i'm gone all the time. i told her to break-"

"see, that's what's wrong. i've seen you do this before. when things get rough, you offer for them to break up with you so you don't seem like the bad guy." Spencer stated.

"what are you listening to?" Garcia whispered from behind Y/n causing her to jump slightly.

"shhh. listen." Y/n whispered back.

"well, how do you and Y/n do it?" Derek asked.

"it's about communication and trust, Morgan. trust me, i thank the universe everyday that they sent me Y/n. i don't know what i would do without her. we trust each other, we're always there for each other. you can't have a relationship without communication and trust because that's like trying to build something in quicksand."

"wow i never thought i would be giving you relationship advice." Spencer muttered under his breath, causing Derek to let out a small laugh.

"i can't believe you two kids are married. i remember how big of a crush you had on her." Morgan teased. Spencer laughed, his face getting warm.

"she's my entire world, Derek. sometimes i look at her and wonder, how did i get so lucky? i never thought i was capable of being with someone, let alone Y/n. she's way out of my league. i don't know how we so happened to work at the same place, but it just all worked out. if it's meant to work, Derek, it will work. but you have to give it a push, don't give up."

Y/n felt her heart ache in her chest as she heard Garcia sniffle from behind her. "you guys are my biggest ship." she whispered, wiping away her tears.

"thanks, kid." Morgan, pulling Spencer into a hug.

"shit." Y/n whispered, her and Penelope pretending to be in a conversation as the men walked out.

"oh, hi." Garcia smiled at them. Spencer raised his eyebrows as he stood in front of his wife.

"my chocolate thunder do you wanna come help me clean my bat cave?" Penelope asked, grabbing Morgan's arm and leading him away.

"hi handsome." Y/n sighed, wrapping her arms around his waist tightly, taking him by surprise.

"hi, love." he murmured, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"i heard that." she whispered. Spencer immediately blushed, pulling her closer.

"i meant every word."