"Are You Cheating On Me?" (s.r)

summary: spencer and the bau think reader is cheating after they see her with her gay best friend
warnings: angst with a fluffy ending, mentions of possible cheating, etc
request(s): "spencer and bau thinking reader is cheating when they see her out with her gay best friend." "angst with a fluffy ending"

Spencer sat in the round table room, his head in his hands as he let out a shaky breath. "i'm sure she's not, Spencer." his peers kept repeating, but he noticed the way they gave each other unsure looks.

"Pretty Boy, Garcia is working her magic on your girl, okay? i promise you it's going to be alright." Morgan reassured.

Garcia typed away on her laptop as they waited for the youngest agent to make her way through the doors of the BAU.

the other night Y/n let Spencer know she was going out, dressed in a red dress with black heels with her hair curled and makeup neatly done.

she didn't respond to any of his calls or texts that night, coming home at four am and immediately collapsing into bed.

"sorry i'm late- what's going on?" Y/n asked, stopping in the doorway. her eyes roamed the group of people that crowded around Garcia's laptop.

"we'll give you two some time to talk." Hotch dismissed, everyone getting up awkwardly and heading to their desks in the bullpen.

"what's happening, babe?" she asked looking at the tall man who awkwardly stood by the white board.

"Spencer.. tell me what's going on." she said wearily, placing down her bag and coat in her chair.

"well... uh.. i, um. are you cheating on me?" he rushed out, his palms sweating viciously.

"what?" she asked, her jaw dropping slightly.

"are you cheating on me?" he said, sounding a bit more confident despite the pounding in his chest.

"why the hell would you think that? have you- have you been researching me?" she asked, putting together the fact the team was in here and Garcia was typing away violently on her laptop.

"well-"

"you're kidding, right? i absolutely cannot believe this.." she started to pace back and forth, picking her finger nails that were covered in black nail polish.

"you've been kind of distant lately.. and i saw you hanging out with another man. you didn't come home until four in the morning, Y/n." Spencer said.

"i've been distant because i've been planning something for you!" she snapped, causing Spencer to flinch at her sudden change in voice.

"i'm sorry. i shouldn't have raised my voice.. but just.. how? how can you believe i would cheat on you?" she asked, her voice cracking slightly.

"i'm so sorry." he mumbled.

"that guy you saw me with is gay. absolutely no interest in woman. if you would have asked me like an adult then none of this would have happened." she sighed, stopping her pacing.

"i'm so sorry, Y/n. i should have asked you first, i'm a complete idiot, i don't know why my mind drifted to that. i'm so, so sorry." he felt his stomach grow with guilt as he saw how broken his girlfriend looked.

"shut up and hug me."

Spencer wasted no time in using his long legs to walk over to the woman, wrapping his arms firmly around her waist and lifting her slightly.

"i'm so sorry." he repeated, pressing kisses to her neck.

"it's okay, Spence. just.. talk to me next time, okay?" she rubbed his biceps, staring into his warm brown eyes.

"i promise." he nodded, pressing a kiss to her soft lips.