Message To You (s.r)

spencer reid x reader
summary: spencer leaves reader a message while he's infected with a virus
warnings: some angst, fluff, language
based on 4x24

Morgan, Reid, and Y/n were walking up to a house to investigate what started the new virus.

as they walked, Y/n noticed that Spencer let out a small groan.

"you okay?" she asked looking at the long haired man.

"yeah" he softly nodded at her, giving the agent a smile.

Y/n and Morgan were looking around the garden, when she heard the darker skinned agent yelling for their co worker.

"Reid?" Morgan yelled causing Y/n's chest to feel heavy.

"there." Y/n nodded, running up to a glass door.

"Rei-" Morgan started, but Spencer popped up and quickly shut the glass door.

"Spencer, what the hell are you doing?" Y/n asked, looking at the panicked man.

"i need you guys to call Hotch, and stay back." Spencer stated, looking at the two confused profilers.

"why?" Morgan asked.

"because i've been infected. so please, just call Hotch and stay back."

ten minutes later, Hotch and a few army generals pulled up with an ambulance.

"how is he?" Hotch asked, looking at the two worried agents.

"we have no clue." Morgan responded.

Hotch dialed Reid's cell, as they watched through the glass as the sweaty man answered.

"Hotch, i'm going to stay here and continue to work. there might be a cure." he said.

"Reid, you should go to the hospital." Y/n replied.

"no, Y/l/n, he's right. continue working, Reid." Hotch stated.

"but-"

"Y/l/n." Hotch replied, giving a look.

"i'm going to go see if the bullpen needs help." Y/n huffed, getting in the black SUV and driving to the large building.

when Y/n walked into Garcia's office, she heard Spencer's voice.

"Y/n, i just wanted to let you know how much i love you. i am in love with you, and, and i have no clue what to do. i'm sorry i never told you sooner, but i'm just very proud to have you in my life. i have to go." and the line turned off.

a gasp left Y/n's mouth, as Garcia quickly turned around.

"how much of that did you hear?!" Penelope asked, panic in her voice.

"uh, all of it?" Y/n answered, her cheeks heating up.

"he.. he wanted to leave you a message incase he didn't survive." Garcia explained.

"i have to go see him." Y/n rushed out, taking off out of the bullpen. Hotch saw the young agent and yelled where she was going, but you ran straight to the car.

she pulled up to the house, as she jumped out of the car and looked around for Morgan.

"Morgan?!" Y/n yelled, as she ran up to the house.

"back here, Y/l/n!" Morgan replied, as Y/n followed the voice to see Morgan talking to Spencer while he was getting hosed down.

"Y/n?" Spencer asked, confused at your rushed face.

"hey, Spence." you rushed out, seeing him and his wet hair and clothes.

"how about i see you guys at the hospital?" Spencer asked.

"no, kid. we're going to see you off." Derek replied, looking at the genius.

"um. they're about to strip me naked to finish hosing me off. do you guys wanna see that?" Spencer asked, as Morgan raised his eyebrows and walked away.

"i might" Y/n teased, sending Spencer a wink.

she watched the young agent get flustered, as Y/n let out a laugh and told him she'll see him later.

"Morgan!" Y/n ran up to the tall man, as he was about to get into the drivers seat.

"i need to talk to you." you said, jumping in the passenger seat to go to the hospital.

"what's up, pretty girl?" he responded, starting the car.

"i uh, i over heard something that i wasn't supposed to." Y/n stammered, as her heart warmed as she remembered hearing Spencer's anxious voice.

"what was it?" Morgan asked confused.

"Spencer left a message for me."

"go on"

"he kinda, confessed his love for me." Y/n spit out, looking straight ahead on the road.

"it's about time! how'd you hear it?" the older profiler smiled.

"i walked into Penelope's bat cave and heard him leaving it for her. she told me it was because he wasn't sure if he was going to make it."

"are you going to tell him you love him back?" Morgan asked, looking at the (h/c).

"what?" Y/n asked, shocked by his question.

"you heard me." Morgan laughed, as he put the car in park and got out.

Y/n followed Morgan in, as he checked in at the front desk.

Y/n's heart was racing. should she tell him?
i mean, that was the whole reason she came here, right?

Y/n trailed behind Morgan as he looked around for Spencer's room. finding the room number, Morgan looked at me as he opened the door.

Y/n and Morgan saw Spencer asleep, as Morgan let out a small chuckle as his lips curved into a smirk. he grabbed the jello on the nightstand for Spencer, and popped it open.

"you better give me a bite." Y/n joked, as Morgan playfully rolled his eyes and let her scoop out a piece of the jello.

"is there more jello?" Spencer asked, his voice raspy.

"hey, bub." Y/n smiled, as Morgan laughed.

the doctor walked in, smiling as Spencer was awake.

"your vitals are doing better, so you should be able to go home within the next few hours."

"thank you, doctor." Morgan nodded, as he decided to leave the two young agents alone.

Spencer and Y/n sat in a silence, as she looked over his pale face.

"how are you feeling?" she softly asked, going to move his hair out of his face.

"better" he answered, nuzzling into her touch.

"Spence, i um, i heard your message." Y/n whispered.

she watched as Spencer's eyes went wide, and his face dropped.

"oh" he whispered back.

"i want you to know, that i'm in love with you too." she smiled at the genius.

"oh thank god. i was so scared you were going to reject me." he breathed out.

"reject you? no, silly. i've been in love with you the first time i saw you move your beautiful brown hair out of your face, as you were rambling off about the book you had just read for the hundredth time." Y/n laughed, ruffling Spencer's hair.

a wide grin danced onto Spencer's face.

"when i feel a bit better, how about we go out to dinner?"

"i would love too."