Under the Stars (m.g.g)

summary: reader and matthew have a spontaneous date
warnings: only the most heart wrenching fluff you'll ever read
(trust me my heart hurts- ALSO LISTEN TO THE SONG FOR ME)

"the food is going to get cold!" Y/n whined as Matthew drove up the large hill. it was around six pm on a chilly Fall day in Los Angeles, the engaged couple wearing matching sweaters.

"oh, shush." Matthew laughed, putting the car in park. shades of pink, orange, yellow, and red  filled the sky along with the city lights.

"oh wow." Y/n awed, grabbing the warm fast food they picked up and staring at the view in amazement. she got out of the car, placing the bag down on the small bench beside the trash can.

"told you." Matthew smiled, sitting down and taking out the warm meal.

Y/n sat across from him, opening the container as steam came rising out. "and you said it would be cold." Matthew teased, biting into his broccoli.

"shhh." she replied.

after dinner they threw away their trash, sitting on the stone wall that looked over the bright lights of the giant city.

"thank you for dinner, babe." Y/n sighed, pressing a kiss to his cheek and laying her head on his shoulder.

"no problem." he hummed, leaning his head on hers.

"do you know how much i love you?" he murmured.

"do you know how much i love you?" she teased. he let out a small laugh, a wide grin on his face.

"bub?"

"yes?"

"how many kids do you want?" she asked.

"how many are you willing to give me?" he questioned.

"don't turn my question into a question." she joked. he laughed, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

"i would want nothing else in this world than for you to be the mother of my children. but if you don't want any, that's okay too." Matthew said.

Y/n's heart swooned. "i love you."

"dance with me?" he asked.

"huh?"

"dance with me." he said, standing up and wiping the dirt off his pants.

"right now? i can barely see you." she replied, standing up after him. the silhouette of his figure stood out in the darkness, thousands of stars providing small bits of light.

"please?"

"okay." she sighed, pulling out her phone and going to the music app. pressing on Yellow by Coldplay, she placed her phone back in her front pocket with the speaker facing out.

Matthew placed his arms around her as she wrapped her arms around his waist, her face resting against his neck. his long shaggy hair ticked her forehead.

"you're so beautiful." he whispered, beginning to sway them gently.

"you're the pretty one." she reasoned, inhaling his cologne.

"no."

"yes."

"no."

"yes."

"alright. i guess you can be a close second, though." he teased, causing her to laugh.

Y/n hummed along to the lyrics as the seconds passed by, their bodies moving in sync as they stood closely together.

"you better not break up with me."

"i would never. you're my soulmate."

hi universe it's me again🧎‍♀️