"You Scared Me" (s.r)

spencer reid x reader
summary: reid talks down the unsub face to face, scaring the reader
warnings: guns, fluff, angst, language
a/n: based off 3x16

looking at the bulletin board, the sound of the police stations's door opening caused me to turn my head. seeing Spencer walk in quickly, he barely acknowledged me as he looked over the victims and notes.

"what's up, Spence?" i asked, looking at his face. his brows were furrowed, his eyes quickly scanning the pictures. "Owen isn't visiting his mother's grave, y/n. he's coming here." he said, walking outside with me hot on his trail.

Owen was rounding the corner, gun in his hand. "y/n, hold this" Spencer told me, tossing his gun. "w-what? Reid!" i replied, grabbing the gun firmly and placing it at the armed man.  aiming at Owen, Prentiss rushed out of the building behind me and followed suit. "what is he doing?" she muttered to me. "i have no clue" i responded.

a black SUV soon pulled up, the agents jumping out. we all watched intently as Reid talked to Owen, my palms quickly becoming sweaty. no vest, no weapon, what the hell is he thinking?

a couple minutes passed, and Owen finally placed the weapon down in the street. we all ran up, Morgan pulling out his handcuffs and placing them on the teenager. i let out a sigh of relief, lowering the gun in my grip.

i walked behind Morgan and Reid as they walked Owen into the station, watching as Reid gave Jordan the necklace. the two teenagers looked at each other, before Derek pulled away the killer.

Spencer turned around, avoiding my gaze.
i walked up to the man, looking him into the eyes. "don't. don't pull that shit again." i said sternly. he looked down, but quickly shot up once i was wrapping my arms around his waist tightly, burrowing my head in his neck. he immediately reciprocated the affection, his arms around my frame.

a sigh of content left my mouth. "you scared me, Spence." i told him softly.

"i'm sorry" he responded just as quiet.

"please, don't do that again." i begged.

"you know i can't promise you that, y/n." he whispered.

later on the jet, everyone was asleep. sitting down across from Spencer, he glanced up at me with a small smile.

"you know Hotch could fire you for what you pulled today." i said quietly.

"i know." he responded in a whisper.

"so why did you do it?" i asked, looking at the brunette.

"i.. i just felt like it was my turn to save one." he answered. i gave him soft eyes, silently nodded. i grabbed his hand, interlacing our fingers. placing soft kisses on his knuckles, he used his other hand to move a piece of hair out of my face.

"i love you, you know? i love you a lot." i told him.

a small smile danced onto his lips.

"i love you too, y/n."