Nightmares (s.r)

summary: spencer has a minor crush on the reader and becomes worried when she shows up late for the fourth day in a row
warning: um spencer reid being adorable for a whole chapter straight, mentions of nightmares, mention of a family member dying

Spencer watched as Y/n walked in, her face rushed as bags were formed under her eyes. "oh god, how late am i?" she asked Spencer, placing her stuff down at her desk that was next to his.

"only thirty minutes." Spencer laughed, taking the coffee he made her earlier and handing it to her.

"thank you, Spence." she sighed, happily drinking the lukewarm liquid.

"rough night?" he asked.

"yeah, i couldn't sleep again." she yawned.

"the nightmares?" he questioned further.

"yep. last night it was as if i was drowning, it felt so real. i woke up around three and didn't fall back asleep until six, and i didn't hear my alarm." she said, rubbing her makeup free eye.

she had only been bare faced maybe once at work. she liked coming in with makeup, she claimed it made her prettier.

but Spencer thought that claim was stupid. he thought she was the most beautiful person he'd ever seen, almost as if she had been a walking goddess. he adored every thing about her.

"dang." he murmured, noticing he had zoned out and was staring at her.

"do we have a case?" she questioned.

"fortunately not yet." he grinned, sitting back at his own chair.

"perfect." she sighed, slumping into her seat. her hair was thrown up messily, her shirt untucked as she opened the paperwork and got to writing.

"woah, Y/n. long night?" Morgan smirked.

"oh for sure." Y/n snickered.

"i would have been lucky to get laid. the only thing getting laid off is me if i continue to have an irregular sleep pattern." she mumbled.
Morgan and Spencer made eye contact, both of them raising their eyebrows at the other.

"maybe you should talk to Hotch. he'll understand." Morgan suggested.

"maybe." she shrugged, another yawn escaping her lips.

"well, i hope you feel better soon, pretty girl." he said, sitting back at his desk.

minutes later Spencer heard light snoring from next to him. turning confusedly, his heart melted as he saw Y/n sleeping on her desk.

"so, when are you going to ask her out?" JJ smirked on the catwalk, leaning over the railing to Spencer.

"what? i don't-" he blushed.

"mhm." she laughed, shaking her head as she walked back to her office.

"come on, Spencer. you've got this." Garcia said from behind him.

"is everyone just spending time outside their offices this morning?" Spencer asked quickly.

"it's so obvious she likes you back." Rossi grinned.

"guys she's going to wake up if you don't shush." he blushed deeper.

"we're just saying." they all shrugged.

after work Spencer followed Y/n out to her car, carrying her bag and extra paper work.

"thank you, Spence." she sighed, opening the car door for him. he set the things inside, watching as she ran her hands through her hair.

"what's wrong, Y/n?" he asked, rain starting to sprinkle.

"i don't wanna talk about it." she murmured.

"please.. i want to help you." he softly pleaded, his heart thumping as he took her hands in his.

"it's the one year anniversary of my mom dying. i guess it's making me have nightmares, and they feel so real. i don't know what it is, or what to do, but all i wanna do is sleep." she explained, her lip beginning to tremble.

"Y/n.." he trailed off, wrapping his arms around her.

she hugged him back tightly, crying into his (chest/neck- depending on how tall you are). he rubbed her hair, feeling her pull him closer.

"will you stay with me tonight?"

"of course."

this is SO bad i just had no motivation to finish it ha ha ha 👎