Life After Death (s.r)

summary: in which spencer reunites with reader in the afterlife
warnings: some really cute sad shit
(based on a fred weasley pov tik tok i saw with my own twist:))

Spencer woke up at peace. confused, he glanced around at his surroundings. he was in a white room, filled with more white. white bed, curtains, rug, chair, well i think you get the point. he noticed the room was quite blank, and so desperately needed color.

he got up from the bed, walking slowly to the white door. he pushed, leading him into an empty hallway.

he walked down the hallway, his mind puzzled. why couldn't he remember anything?
where was he?
why is there no color?

each step Spencer took, he passed more doors. he scrunched his eyebrows when he saw a flash of light come from the giant doors at the end of the hallway. quickly walking over, he pushed the door open to be met with the bright sun.

he was at a giant park. people were playing anything you could imagine, sitting and talking, going for walks.

he trailed along the pathway for a bit, when a flicker of (h/c) caught his eye. narrowing his eyes, he walked closer to the figure. she was sitting down on a bench under a large tree, a blue book in her hand.

the more he approached the girl, the more his heart skipped a beat. he sat next to her, looking over her features.

"hello, Spencer. long time no see, huh?" she asked softly, looking up from her book. Spencer felt his stomach drop as he was met with those beautiful (e/c) eyes he loved so much.

"Y/n?" he asked, his voice breaking.

"the one and only." she grinned.

Spencer immediately took her into his arms, tears falling out of his eyes and rolling down his cheeks. she played with his brown locks gently, breathing in his scent.

"i missed you so much." he murmured into her neck, pressing kisses to her collarbone.

"i missed you too, my handsome man." she cooed.

they eventually pulled apart, wide smiles on their face. "tell me everything. how is the team?" she asked eagerly.

"they're good. they miss you, but they're getting by." he grinned at her. his girlfriend of three years, finally with him again.

"great. i'm glad, i miss them too." she smiled, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"do you know how long i've waited for you, Spence?" she mumbled, watching the people walk by.

"how long?" he replied quietly, enjoying her company.

"too long." she grinned.

"Spencer.. kiss me." Y/n said.

Spencer wasted no time placing his lips on hers. those lips he so desperately missed. they kissed passionately on the bench, not caring what the people thought.

"i love you Spencer. so much." she mumbled when they pulled away.

"i love you too, Y/n." he smiled at her, finally at peace. he didn't feel hurt anymore, he didn't feel pain.

"which is why i need you to wake up. the team needs you, Spence."

Spencer's face dropped.

"wake up? but y..you- i'm here with you. this is where i want to be. with you." he explained panicked.

"i know, Spencer. and you will be, one day. but not today. you have to live for both of us, okay? please.. i need to see one of us grow old." she said through tear filled eyes.

Spencer nodded sadly, his lip trembling.

"i'll be here when you come back, alright? i'll be right here to welcome you." she gave him an assuring smile.

"i love you." he whispered, closing his eyes.

Spencer immediately jolted awake, doctors standing over him with multiple equipment. Doctor Jiar sighed in relief, calling for the nurse. JJ wiped away her tears, the team letting out a shaking breath.

"we thought we lost you, Spence." JJ stated.

"i saw her. i was with her, Y/n." he whispered, a tear escaping.

"she asked about you. said she misses you guys."

decades later, on November 19th, 2060, Spencer was pronounced dead of old age. he had a wonderful wife, two beautiful kids, and a nice life.

Spencer walked quickly through the hallway, his long legs practically running. he so desperately wanted to be at the bench again.

he grinned widely when he saw her. she was standing up, still looking like she did the day he saw her all those years ago.

"Y/n.." he trailed off, embracing her in a tight hug and spinning her around.

"thank you. thank you for waiting. you were an adorable old man." she smiled, pressing kisses to his face and lips.

"were? i say i still am." he joked, causing her to laugh and shake her head.

"i'm afraid you are not. you're my handsome, thirty year old." she grinned, taking his hand.

"ready to see what's beyond the bench?"

"more than ready."