Angels & Demons (s.r)

summary: spencer and reader go get the preacher when a massive shoot out breaks through
warnings: gun shots, blood, my poor bb spencer
season 9 finale spoilers

"the preacher isn't answering." Spencer stated as Y/n drove quickly to the restaurant.

"keep trying, he needs to know he didn't do this." she answered, taping her fingers against the wheel anxiously. her wedding ring dug into her skin as she gripped the wheel.

"i have a bad feeling, Spence." she muttered, her stomach twisting into knots.

"we're gonna be okay, alright?" Spencer reassured her, rubbing her thigh with his left hand. she sucked in a shaky breath, her chest pounding as they jumped out of the car.

"no sign of movement." deputy Vicky said.

"we should pull in." a cop suggested.

"no, we should surround the area." Spencer claimed.

everyone nodded in agreement as Blake, JJ, and Morgan pulled up.

"guys i have movement." another cop said, his gun pointed firmly at the window.

it came quick, blasting Y/n's eardrum as a gunshot rang through the parking lot. Sheriff Peter fell to the floor as Spencer grabbed onto Y/n firmly and pulled her behind the car door.

she pulled him off her without thinking, trying to grab onto Peter as he laid onto the black street.

"Y/n!" Spencer yelled, wrapping his arms around her waist as he pulled her back into him. it felt as if time stopped as another bang was heard and Spencer fell to the floor.

"Spencer!" she gasped, feeling a sharp pain shoot through her left shoulder.

"kid!" Morgan yelled, grabbing onto Spencer and pulling him away. Y/n ran with him, unknowing her blood was trailing down her arm.

"oh, babe." she cooed, pressing her hand firmly against his wound.

"i'm so sorry. i'm so, so sorry." she repeated, her lip trembling as her eyes became glossy.

"it should have been me, Spence." she cried, watching her husband of two years drift in and out of consciousness.

"i need a medic!" she shouted, another sharp pain shooting through her shoulder.

"don't leave me, Spencer. please, i need you." she begged.

"i love you. i love you so much."

an EMT came running over as the shooting stopped, pulling Y/n off Spencer as they put him on a stretcher.

"follow him." the lady told her. she ran into the ambulance, another paramedic working on her shoulder as she gripped Spencer's hand tightly.

hours later Spencer finally woke up and Y/n practically ran into the room. she pulled her clothes back on, despite what the doctors said, and sat with her husband and Garcia.

"i'm so sorry, baby." she sobbed, pressing kisses to his forehead.

"why?" he rasped out.

"i put you in danger." she sniffled.

"this job puts us in danger every day. i would save you for the rest of my life, Y/n." Spencer weakly smiled, taking her hand and pressing a kiss to it.

"aw." Garcia grinned, causing Spencer and Y/n to let out a small laugh.

"i'm going to go get coffee." Garcia said, exiting the room.

"sweetheart, you got shot.." Spencer frowned.

"i would do it again to be with you while you need me." she smiled, feeling the pads of this thumbs wipe away her tears.

"i love you." he murmured.

"i love you more."

Garcia entered the room again, panic displayed on her face. "i need Spencer to get in the wheel chair. i'll explain later." she said.

Spencer weakly sat up, clutching his neck hurtingly as Y/n helped guide him towards the chair.

"Penelope what's going on?" she whispered, watching as she pulled the fire alarm.

"bad man." she mumbled, pushing the wheelchair outside with everyone else. Y/n felt Spencer grab at her hand as she walked next to them. the chilly breeze flew between each doctor, nurse, and patient.

moments later a doctor announced it was a false alarm and they were cleared to go in once more.

Garcia picked up her phone, calling Morgan to tell him they are safe and were allowed to go back in.

Spencer carefully crawled into the bed, wincing as a nurse came in. "did you take your medicine?"

"he took all of those." Y/n explained, running her thumb up and down Spencer's knuckles.
the nurse picked up a medication, causing Spencer's eyebrows to furrow.

"carbenicillin? no, that's not right. i have a severe reaction to beta lactams. i can't have that."

"well, it's not in your chart." the man said, taking Spencer's vitals and putting the medicine up to it.

"stop!" Spencer said, and Y/n slapped away the man's hands.

the man fell back, reaching inside his jacket.

"Garcia he has a gun!" Spencer alerted. Y/n quickly realized she didn't have her weapon on her as Garcia reached into the bag, handing it to the federal agent. Y/n shot, the man squirming around on the floor as Garcia flinched.

"oh, good. he's still moving." she muttered.

"you just saved my life." Spencer grinned, taking deep breaths as he kissed his wife deeply.