Star (s.r)

spencer reid x reader
summary: reader is at the wrong place at the wrong time
warnings: angst, language, violence, mentions of guns/gunshots, death

"i'll be right back." Y/n laughed at Spencer's joke, closing the door of the car as she walked into the gas station.

Spencer waited at the pump for his fiancé, his eyes on the glass doors.

he saw a man walk in, frantically looking around as he looked panicked.

not thinking much of the behavior, he continued to look into the small building.

he noticed his heartbeat started racing, his gut feeling like he was going to puke.

something was wrong.

it was too late, by the time Spencer realized he heard multiple gunshots going off.

Y/n.

Spencer pulled out his gun, running into the building without a second thought. when he ran in, he saw people laying down on the ground. some were dead, some were near close.

his eyes fixated on the shooter, the same panicked man from earlier. without thinking twice, Spencer fired his weapon. head shot.

"Y/n?!" Spencer yelled, his heart beating a hundred miles an hour.

"Spence?" he heard a quiet mumble.

when he turned around to the voice, he saw the (h/c) haired girl laying on the floor. a gunshot wound to her stomach and shoulder.

"oh, Y/n." Spencer cried out, running towards the woman on the floor.

"help! someone, please!" he shouted, his voice breaking.

"Spence.. can.. can you just hold me?" Y/n asked weakly, her body going numb. her eyelids were feeling heavy, as she watched Spencer sob.

Spencer quickly grabbed the girl, placing his hands on each of her wounds. applying pressure, his face was tucked into Y/n's neck as he cried.

"i'm so sorry, i'm so sorry. i should have went in there, it should have been me." Spencer cried, Y/n's back pressed against his chest.

"don't say that, Spencer." Y/n said, softly looking up at her fiancé.

her breathing became slower, as she tried to take deeper breaths.

"please.. please. please don't leave me." the man begged, holding Y/n tighter against him.

she lifted her shaking hand up to his cheek, tracing over his jaw and bone structure.

"i always thought you were the most beautiful person i've ever seen." Y/n smiled softly.

"i love you so much, Y/n."

"i love you too, Spence. i'll see you soon, okay?" Y/n slurred, her eyes starting to close.

"i love you." Spencer kept repeating.

twenty minutes later the team arrived along with the EMT's, rushing inside the building.

"Spencer?" JJ asked in a shocked voice, looking at the sobbing man as he sat on the floor holding the lifeless body.

"holy shit." Prentiss said, when she noticed that her team member was now dead.

two weeks later was the funeral for Y/n L/n. multiple people showed up, old friends and family. they all gave Spencer sad looks as they watched him stare at the casket.

"the world is going to be a little less bright without you here. please, make sure to be the brightest star at night. i need to know you're there." Penelope mumbled to the deep blue coffin.

Spencer choked out a cry, JJ holding him in a hug as they cried together.

"it should have been me, JJ. it should have been me." he muttered.

"don't say that, Spence. she's still here, and will always be here." JJ replied, wiping away her tears.

Spencer lifted his head up, rubbing away his tears as he let out a sniffle. "thank you, JJ."

the team all hung out until it was night time. talking about old memories, good and bad, they always knew how lucky they were to have Y/n in their life.

"see that, Boy Wonder? she's watching over us right now." Penelope talked to the tall man, pointing up.

and there Y/n was. the brightest star in the sky.