"I'm Here" (s.r)

spencer reid x reader, bau x reader
summary: reader is a single mother who's child gets taken
warnings: angst, language, child's death, violence (so so sorry), some dark shit

"hello?" i answered my personal cell.

"y-y/n?" the person asked with a choked sob.

"yes? hello?" i asked, my heart rate quickening.

"i-i'm so s-sorry!" the voice sobbed into the phone, and it finally clicked. the voice was coming from my sister who was watching my son. "Lisa, i need you to tell me what's wrong." i placed my phone in between my ear and shoulder, starting to breath deeper and faster.

"he's gone!" she let out. i froze, my phone dropping. the loud thump it made on the floor caused my coworkers to look in my direction, as i fell to my knees. Morgan, Prentiss, and Reid rushed over. Reid grabbed my body, embracing me into a tight hug as Prentiss picked up my phone. i cried into Spencer's shoulder, as Hotch ran over asking what was the matter. Emily's face dropped, and she quickly said, "someone took Liam."

the team quickly hopped into the SUV's, Spencer sat beside me with our hands intertwined, rubbing small circles onto the back of my hand. i tried to control my breathing and my tears but it all came falling down when we arrived at the scene.

my sister was crying to the police as they asked her questions, and i ran over to her and took her into a tight hug. "i'm so sorry!" she cried into my neck.

Hotch walked over to me, once Lisa and i pulled away. "y/l/n, we're going to need to ask you questions" he said, and i softly nodded. Morgan, Emily, and Gideon were analyzing the crime scene. a forced entry.

a few days later we finally found a lead. Peter Skaville was responsible, and Garcia found an address. Hotch drove quickly down the deserted streets, considering it was around 2am.

we pulled up to a single story house, everyone jumping out of the vehicle. "y/l/n, stay back." Hotch ordered.

"what?" i asked in shock, gun in hand. "Hotch, will all due respect i'm going into that damn house." i said sternly.

the SWAT team busted down the door, us all loading into the small house. each room would be yelled with a 'clear!' until Morgan grabbed all of our attention to the basement door open. Hotch and Gideon raced down the steps with me hot on their tail.

i saw our unsub, standing there with a gun pointed at my Liam's chest. i sucked in a breath, my heart shattering as tears whelled up in my eyes when i saw the state Liam was in. blood was running down his nose, he looked like he hadn't slept in ages and tears were streaming down his already red stained cheeks.

"Peter, put the gun down" Gideon told him. "mommy!" Liam yelled at me, as i smiled weakly at the young boy. Spencer stood closly next to me, all of our guns pointed towards the unsub.

"put the weapon down!" Morgan yelled, but Peter made no move. instead, two gunshots were heard. i barely had time to react when suddenly the unsub shot Liam, and Spencer shot Peter in the head.

i ran over to Liam, Hotch and Morgan yelling for medics. i craddled the boy into my arms, the flesh now turning red. tears streamed down my face as i sobbed into the boy. "you're gonna be alright, okay baby? i'm here, momma's here." i whispered into his ear.

"mommy, help me" he mumbled so quiet i almost didn't catch it. "mommy has help on the way, okay? stay strong for me, love" i weakly smiled, looking down at his features. everything else became a blur as i stared at him. i saw the life draining from his eyes, as i pressed wet kisses onto his blood stained forehead.

"mommy loves you so much, alright? you know that? i love you so, so much" i sobbed, holding the tiny hand. "please," i pleaded, seeing the color drain from his face. "please, no. please, no" i sobbed.

by now the medics pried me away from the body, as i stayed in my position on the floor. Spencer caught my body as i went limp on the floor, and i cried into his chest. he was rubbing my back soothingly, whispering that it was gonna be alright.

around 30 minutes later, Gideon and Spencer helped me up off the floor and out into the SUV. i looked around, seeing Spencer's nose and eyes puffy as he gave me a sad smile. Hotch was fighting back tears, but i saw a one slip down his cheek. Morgan was rubbing his temples, wiping away his tears.

the team all had their own connection to my son, with Spencer being closest to him, almost like his dad. Hotch was like Liam's uncle, along with Morgan. Gideon was basically his grandpa, with Emily, Garcia, and JJ being his aunt. we were all a family.

and now our family was missing someone. my little boy.