30 (s.r)

spencer reid x reader, bau x reader
summary: reader and the team surprises her boyfriend for his birthday
warnings: fluff, mentions of zodiac killer, language, mentions of sexual themes

Y/n rubbed her eyes sleepily as her alarm went off. the time was six in the morning, but she shot up happily when she remembered what day it was.

she quickly showered, changing into a black turtleneck with black and white striped business pants.

she did her hair and makeup quickly, grabbing her bag and keys as she ran out the door of her apartment.

she went to her and Spencer's favorite coffee shop, picking up his normal coffee order and a muffin.

she rushed into the bullpen, hoping she got there before her co workers. her and Spencer had been secretly dating for one year, three months, and twenty seven days.

after she settled her stuff down on her desk, she placed the hot coffee and muffin down on the genius's desk that was across from hers.

Hotch walked out of his office only to see the (h/c) haired girl neatly placing the items down.

"is it October 28th already?" Hotch asked

"yes, sir. do we have a case today?" Y/n looked up, looking into the eyes of the suited man. she was hoping they were able to have a case free day, just so she could make it special for her boyfriend.

Hotch gave the agent a sad look.

"sorry, Y/l/n." Hotch said, walking into the round table room.

Y/n sighed sadly.

her head perked up when she heard the glass doors open, seeing it was her boyfriend.

a wide grin came onto her face, as Spencer saw his girlfriend and smiled at her. she was wearing his favorite pants.

"happy birthday, bub." Y/n whispered into his ear, pulling him into a tight hug. his arms wrapped around her waist, pressing a kiss to her neck.

since they were alone, he let his hands fall slightly lower onto the girl as they rested on her bum.

"does the birthday boy get a special gift tonight?" Spencer smirked, his voice barely above a whisper.

Y/n looked into her boyfriend's eyes.

"horny at eight in the morning, are we doctor?" she teased, them both jumping away from each other as more people filed into the room.

"we have a case." Hotch said, alerting the profilers to head into the roundtable room.

Garcia explained the killings, as one of the profilers suggested it could be the Zodiac Killer.

"didn't he kill in the 60's?" JJ asked, reading over the file.

the case had been a hard one for Spencer. of course they couldn't give him a break on his birthday week.

so, Y/n and the team decided to throw Spencer a surprise birthday party.

"i'll get the cake!" Garcia said happily over the phone.

"alright, how about you guys set up while i get him into the room?" Y/n asked the team, as they gave her nods of approval.

after the team caught the Zodiac Killer copycat,  they sat excited in the jet, eager to surprise the genius.

Y/n sat next to her boyfriend, her knee touching his as their fingers were brushed against each other.

when the jet landed and the profilers got back to the office, Spencer gave Y/n a look pleading to leave with him.

Y/n nodded, getting a text from Rossi telling her that the room was set up.

"Spence.. i just got a text from Hotch asking if you were still in the building. he said he needs to talk to you."

Spencer frowned, just wanting to spend some time alone with his girlfriend.

"i'll walk you, alright? then we can head home and i can give you that birthday present." Y/n winked, as she walked side by side with the genius in the hallway.

"don't tempt me, Y/l/n." Spencer joked, as he followed Y/n into a room.

"surprise!" everyone yelled, causing Spencer's face to light up.

everyone gave him hugs and kisses, telling him happy birthday.

his gaze fell on Y/n, as she was standing off to the side with her camera on her boyfriend.

"did you plan this?" he asked, walking over to the (h/c) haired girl. she had a smirk on her face.

"of course i did, baby." she answered, wrapping her arms around his hips as the two kissed in front of everyone.

"i knew it!" Garcia said happily.

the couple pulled away, smiling at each other. the secret was out, and they couldn't be more happy.

"blow out your candles, Spence." JJ grinned, holding the cake up to the genius.

Spencer's arm wrapped tightly around Y/n's waist, holding her close to him as he shut his eyes.

his wish was quick, as his eyes fluttered open again and he blew out the 30 candles.

"i love you." Y/n mumbled to her boyfriend, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"i love you too." Spencer smiled.

"now how long has this been going on?!" Morgan asked stunned.