Mismatched Socks (m.g.g)

matthew gray gubler x reader
summary: matthew and reader wear their mismatched matching socks
warnings: fluff

waking up in the morning was never easy, especially when Matthew and i loved getting up past noon.

i rolled over on my side after turning off the alarm, the time being 8am. face to face with my handsome boyfriend, his stubble brushed against my thumb as i gently traced his jaw. he slowly fluttered his eyes open, looking at me with tired eyes.

"morning, love" he whispered, grabbing my waist and pulling my frame on top of him. i let out a tired laugh, burying my face into his neck. "how'd you sleep?" i asked, his hand gently rubbing up and down my bicep.

"alright, how bout you?" he mumbled, kissing my temple.

"okay" i answered, pressing my body closer to his warmth.

"come on, we need to get up" he softly sighed, causing me to groan lightly. "it's too early"

eventually we both made it out of bed, as i made my way towards the kitchen to make us coffee.

bringing the hot mugs into the bedroom, i saw Matthew digging around for some pants. i quietly placed the mugs on the nightstand, and snuck up behind the boy. opening my hand, a smack was heard as Matthew shot up with a little jump and i bursted into laughter.

"you think you're funny, huh?" he asked, turning to face me as i came down from my giggle fit. "i'm hysterical" i commented.

"you won't be when i get you back" he replied, turning around again to find his pants. i smiled, finding clothes of my own.

when Matthew and i started dating, he told me about how his grandmother always told him matching socks are bad luck. ever since, he got me hooked on mismatched socks.

walking over to the dresser, i picked up two pairs of socks. taking a sock from each pair, i handed Matthew the mismatched socks. "blue and purple today?" he teased.

"of course" i replied, slipping on the socks and my shoes.

"ready to go?" he asked, taking the last sip of his drink. i nodded, taking the mugs to the sink.

"let's go, pretty girl" Matthew stated, grabbing my hand and pressing a kiss on the back. i grinned, locking the door behind us.

"why did we agree to this photo shoot so early again?" i asked, getting into the passenger side of the car. "because it was the only one available" the brunette replied, taking my hand as he started to drive.

"i love you" i told him, kissing his knuckles. i saw a large smile play onto his lips.

"i love you more" he responded.