Chapter 42: Judgments

"Because" Caerwyn groaned "He is the only thing that will keep us from destruction."

Thranduil looked back and forth between the Moriquendi and his wife incredulously.
Seemingly out of words for once in his life.

Idwal was the first to speak as he knelt to peer into the face of the Moriquendi. "I know my queen, I trust her judgement. But tell me, why should we trust you when your people are gathering forces against us?"

The Moriquendi named Adhelram shuffled uncomfortably where two guards had him kneeling in the dirt, their swords pressed to his throat. "Because those that rise against you are not my people persay."

Idwal's green eyes narrowed. "What does that mean?"

Adhelram glared at Thranduil, "I'd be more than happy to tell you all I know if you call off your guards, having a sword pressed to ones throat does not inspire much speech."

Thranduil remained mute and unwavering.

Caerwyn released an annoyed snort and ordered the guards to sheath their weapons.
Before marching over and dragged Adhelram to his feet.

Adhelram staggered a bit and Caerwyn stuck his arm over her shoulder to help steady him.

"When was the last time you ate?"
Caerwyn wrinkled her nose "Or bathed for that matter?"

Adhelram shook his head, his dark greasy hair quivering with the movement.

Caerwyn's eyes softened ,"Come I'll help you to our villa and have the servants draw you a bath and get you something to eat."

Thranduil moved to grab Caerwyn's arm with lightening fast speed " What do you think you are doing? THIS Moriquendi needs to be thrown in prison not treated like a guest!" He hissed

Caerwyn sharply yanked her arm out of Thranduil's grasp, Her eyes flashing dangerously ,"If you were not so blinded by your hatred, you would see he has already been a prisoner and has suffered enough."

Caerwyn stormed off practically dragging Adhelram behind her.
"And you can FORGET about coming in to a warm bed TONIGHT!" Caerwyn screamed over her shoulder.

Thranduil groaned, he had been looking forward to enjoying his wife's heated skin tonight after a sure to be long and taxing day.

"That is what we dwarves refer to as royally fucking up." Kili's voice sounded from across the square where the dwarven delegates sat.

Thranduil whipped around hand on his sword, fire lighting his electric blue eyes.
He felt a steady hand on his shoulder and turned to King Aragorn.
"Ignore the dwarf, he is young still. But you have known my daughter long enough to know that she is able to see into people, see their intentions. If she says that this Adhelram is here to help us you should trust her judgement."

Thranduil's hand slid from his sword hilt, defeat, confusion and old hatred brewing a potent mess within him. He turned toward King Aragorn, "You were not there a Millennia ago, when they first stood with Sauron, you did not witness the carnage and bloodshed they caused."

"I may not have been but I do understand that people can change and not everyone is so far gone that they cannot find their way back to the light again. Now go after Caerwyn and hear his reasonings."

Thranduil turned to leave.
"Oh and one more thing, King Thranduil."

Thranduil turned back to the Dunedain King , question in his eyes.

King Aragorn spoke in dangerously low tones ,"Just a reminder if you ever grab my daughter like that again, you lose that hand."

Thranduil nodded solemnly, he didn't doubt the King of Gondor would make good on his promise.

Thranduil hastily made his way back to the villa, dark thoughts brewing in his mind.
A scream broke through the forest , shattered Thranduil's thoughts as he dashed through the forest, his sword drawn.
If that Moriquendi laid a hand on his wife , he would rend the beast's head from his body.

He skidded to a halt in front of the villa as Caerwyn burst out of the door, frantically shaking her dress. She looked at him with eyes wide. " He has fleas." She said with a shiver.

Thranduil couldn't help but grin, his fierce warrior wife ,who starred down dragons with no fear was deathly afraid of bugs.

She released a puff of fire effectively frying any creepy crawlies on her person. Smoothing her skirts , she turned to stare down her husband, her calm demeanor clanking back into place like a steel portcullis.
"Have you come now to further insult my judgement and our guest?"

Thranduil let out a sigh, and scratched the back of his head , " I am here to test my judgement and hear what the Moriquendi has to say."

Caerwyn raised an eyebrow, " That was the quickest I've ever seen you relent."

"Your father can be persuasive."

"Did he threaten you with bodily harm if you ever grabbed me like that again?"

Thranduil's dark eyebrows shot up, "How did you..."

"My father is Very protective of his youngest daughter. Make sure you never give him cause to regret the blessing he gave this marriage. "

Caerwyn spun on her heel and strode back to the door of the villa "Because I will leave you if you continue to prove you are no longer the Thranduil I married."

Thranduil swallowed hard. The young dwarf was correct, he had indeed, royally fucked up. It would take some time for Caerwyn to forgive him. She still hadn't completely forgiven him for how they raised their son yet.

If she held a grudge like any of the humans he knew did. He would have to wait an entire lifetime for her to forgive him.

A/N: Hey guys sorry for leaving you hanging for almost a month there. I honestly had zero inspiration to write. I almost just completely tabled this story. But here I am again back at it. I'm determined to see this through to the end. However many more chapters that will be. (I'm thinking maybe 20)
Anywho, for those that have stuck by me this long you guys are the best. I love you all.

OH! And I hope to get back to posting one chapter a week.