Mini Chapter# 2

Back in the Present time

Idwal rode hard, toward Lorien, Keeping Mirkwood to his right and the Anduin river to his left. 

If what the Elvenking said was true, the ancient archives would hold some key as to what happened to the Princess-General. 

Idwal's instincts as a spymaster told him the Elvenking knew way more than he let on. 

Finally Idwal made it to the ruins of Lothlorien, despite the being partially overtaken by nature , the crumbling buildings were still beautiful examples of elvish architecture. It didn't take long for Idwal to find the archives. 

He pried open the giant oaken door, the smell of must and parchment greeted him. 

Ancient fae lights weakly gleamed from crumbling walls, the shelves of books and parchments closest to the door had collapsed , he poked through the decaying papers briefly, finding nothing of interest he moved on. 

Deeper down into the archives, he descended. On a curiously dust free shelf , sat pristine tomes. Pulling one off the shelf, he could feel the enchantment radiating off the book. Flipping open the cover he discovered it was the daily records of Lady Galadriel, her swirling elvish script swam before his eyes, the dialect of Elvish was a bit different than he was used to reading, but he could garner, the basic meanings.  

Surely it would hold some clues to where the Princess-General had vanished to. He flipped through the tomes until he found a passage, from two years past Sauron's original banishment that made his blood go cold. 

He continued to read and he felt as if ice ran through his veins, He stuffed two of the tomes containing the information he needed into his pack and made his way back to Mirkwood. He resisted the urge to scream as sadness and anger boiled together within him.

The Elvenking had alot of explaining to do.