Chapter 47: Cadre Returns

"That is exactly what I'm suggesting."

Chaos erupted through the clearing once again as dwarves, men and elves once again entered into a screaming match.

"Hobbits are peaceful folks, we cannot ask them to go to war."

"Why not, they inhabit this land just as much as us."

"They aren't built for war."

"But they are built for stealth."

Caerwyn felt a headache forming behind her eyes as the arguments continues, as her irritation grew, flames started to dance upon her arms, "ENOUGH!" She yelled, her voice reverberating with power, as she slammed her hand upon the table, branding the wood with her firey handprint.

She took a deep calming breath, "Enough fighting, I will lead a delegation to the Shire to meet with the Hobbits , any volunteers who wish to aid our cause will be brought to the ruins of Rivendell to receive training from Idwal. If none shall volunteer then we will rethink our strategy"

Aragon nodded, " I would like to visit but unfortunately My presence is required back in Minas Tirith"

Odger made to stand to volunteer before being yanked back down by his father, who hissed out a whisper , "Foolish boy, did you not take the Elvenking seriously when he said he would kill you if you ever got near the Elvenqueen again."

Thranduil worked hard to hold back his grin as his elven ears picked up those words.

Caerwyn elbowed him in the ribs, and murmured , "despite how much I would enjoy watching you rend Odger in two, please refrain as it might put a damper on diplomatic relations."

King Aragorn continued , "Who else from the realm of men can we send as part of this delegation."

"How about the Queen-General's old cadre?" A gruff voice echoed across the clearing.

Everyone turned to see Caerwyn's old squadron walking across the clearing led by Maccus , followed by Tariion and Garrett.

Grinning broadly Caerwyn rushed towards them, and clasped arms " How did you know to come?"

Idwal walked over , "I might have had something to do with that."

Caerwyn hugged Idwal tight, "Thank you my friend."

Garrett chuckled ," Plus we heard you went and got yourself hitched without our approval."

Thranduil calmly walked up to the group, placing a hand on his wife's shoulder, " And who are you that we should need your approval? "

Caerwyn beamed up at her husband, "This is my old cadre, they accompanied me into many battles, I would be dead several times over if not for them."

Thranduil tilted his head and placed a hand over his chest "Then you all have my eternal gratitude, for keeping the Elvenqueen safe."

Maccus laughed , "It was all in a day's work." He then turned to Garrett and Tariion. "Okay, you two, pay up."

Garrett and Tariion reached into their pockets and handed over some gold coins.

Caerwyn raised an eyebrow, " What did you lot bet on this time?"

Tariion grimaced, " We bet who you would end up with. Garrett said no one, I bet one of the court ladies and Maccus bet the Elvenking."

Thranduil chuckled, " Well Sir Maccus, you have just earned yourself a spot at my table."

Caerwyn shook her head and grabbed Tariion in a headlock dragging the youngest along, "So you thought I would end up with a court lady? Anyone in particular?"

"Lady Cynthia."

Caerwyn barked a laugh and ruffled Tarrion's hair "Lady Cynthia? Really?? Is that simply based upon the fact she publicly pursued me? "

Tarrion nodded and wiggled out of Caerwyn's grasp, huffing as he fixed his hair." Well you can't blame me, you know how often I had to run gifts from her when I was your Page Boy?"

"Ha! Yeah I remember how your eyes swelled up when she sent those lillies"
Caerwyn chuckled

"Its not my fault that I happen to be very allergic to flowers."

Garrett smacked the youngest of the cadre on the back, "You sound like a mama's boy."

In one fluid motion Tariion had his bow drawn arrow pointed at Garrett, "I may be a Mama's boy but I'm also the best Archer of this age. "

"That is currently up for debate as our last match was rudely interrupted." Legolas spoke up as he walked over to the group and clasped hands with the young archer.

Caerwyn grinned, " That wasn't my fault."
Before turning to Idwal and mouthing behind her hand ," It totally was my fault."

He just shook his head smirking.

Thranduil worked hard to contain his smile. As he leaned over to quietly ask his wife, "Do I want to know what you did?"

Caerwyn grinned broadly, " I caught a wild boar, put it in a dress and let it loose in the archery range."

Thranduil coughed loudly to contain his laugh, " But why the dress, Starlight?"

The Elvenqueen's grin turned mischievous, "Why the hell not?"

"I feel like that is your response to everything." Murmured Idwal

A/N: Hey my lovely readers, Sorry for the long wait. Life has been lifey. And my job has been hectic lately so I've been in work,sleep, eat mode for the last month. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and the return of Caerwyn's cadre of friends that haven't been seen since way back in chapter two. Next chapter will jump to the delegations arrival in the Shire and appearances from some of our favorite Hobbits.
As always I love you guys and thank you for supporting my story.