Chapter 24: The Wedding

Past
Caerwyn POV

I awoke early, the sun just starting to filter through the trees. Rolling over in bed my eyes rested on the little painted stars on my ceiling.
I still hadn't figured out who had taken care to put them there but they brought me great joy.

I heard the whispers of the servants that I had been born of the Stars. Part of me believed it since I still knew nothing of my family. Or if I even had a family. I guess it didn't really matter since today I would be taking Thranduil as my family.

He is the family I chose. The man I would spend my eternity with. I couldn't wait to start my life with him.

I sat up in bed as a soft knock sounded at the door and Mistress Briala entered with my breakfast tray followed by Lady Celediel.

Mistress Briala sat the tray at the end of the bed. I nibbled on a piece of toast with elderberry jam as Lady Celediel signed at me "In a traditional elvish wedding your mother would get you ready for the ceremony but as you don't have one present Thranduil has asked me to step in."

I smiled brightly. "I am honored Lady Celediel."

She smiled back and signed," As you should be."

I laughed loudly. I had liked Lady Celediel the instant I had met her. She was fierce and unfiltered but never cruel. She had a deep love of all the people of Mirkwood but wasn't afraid to tell them when they were being stupid.

Lady Celediel had called Caerwyn out several times when she doubted if she was worthy of Thranduil's love.

I stood stretching and sauntered over to the bathroom where Mistress Briala was dumping scented oils and flower petals into my steaming bath.

Stepping into the tub after shucking my nightclothes. Mistress Briala started viciously scrubbing me down as Lady Celediel worked her ministrations on my hair, once I was polished to their satisfaction, I stepped out of the tub and sent a puff of hot hair to dry me off.

Mistress Briala was used to my power but Lady Celediel's eyes went round as saucers.
"Next time I go to visit the bathhouses in Rivendell, I'm taking you with me. We could make a fortune with your power."she signed

I laughed heartily, any nerves fading away at Lady Celediel's joke.

I wrapped myself in a silken robe and sat before my vanity and Lady Celediel went to work, twisting and braiding my hair into a half up beautiful masterpiece. Little crystals were woven into my hair , making it shimmer more.

I stood and Mistress Briala helped me into my dress it was silken in the lightest shade of silver I had ever seen. It looked as if I was wrapped in moonlight.

Mistress Briala opened a small box inside sat a beautiful necklace with white gems that looked like they were made of pure starlight. "Thranduil had this necklace made special for you." Lady Celediel signed.

My heart glowed with happiness.

Finally Lady Celediel draped a long, thick veil over my head, obscuring my vision and people from seeing me.

Elvish wedding custom dictated that apart from her attendants, the groom would be the first to see the bride.

A soft knock sounded at the door and I heard Meldiron's voice. "Is she ready?"

I heard a shuffling of feet and I stuck my hand out, Meldiron's scarred hand took it and placed it on his arm so he could escort me to the great hall for the ceremony. Typically this task was saved for the father of the bride but alas that was something else I was missing.

My heart thudded in my chest as we slowly made our way to the great hall. In just a few short moments I would see Thranduil and we would say our vows. I would be his wife and queen of Mirkwood.
Such joy poured through me. I was ready.

I heard the soft whisper of the giant oak doors on the great hall opening and Meldiron squeezed my hand reassuringly. I appreciated the gesture but I didn't need it. I knew I loved Thranduil and was more than ready to spend my eternity with him.

Meldiron gently pulled off my veil. I looked across the great hall and stared up on the stage Thranduil stood, looking like the gorgeous king he is, his back was turned to me. I let out a low whistle and he turned to look at me.

I saw his sky blue eyes dilate, his mouth hung open. The only thing I saw was him. I walked up the aisle and he reached out to me. I took his hand and climbed on the stage.

"You look beautiful, Caerwyn." He whispered to me.
I felt a blush alight on my cheeks.

We faced each other hand in hand, Lady Celediel took the stage and signed the vows that the bride's mother typically says, "Lasto iâl Thranduil ah Caerwyn, ah elio din Eru."

Meldiron took the stage next and said the vow normally reserved for the groom's father "Tiro Thranduil ah Caerwyn, Aran Einior, ah elio din Eru."

Then we exchanged gold rings, mine had little chips of the same white stone that was in my necklace. I looked at it in wonder. Thranduil looked at me winking.

He escorted me over to our wedding table and the feast began. A happy hum of voices echoed through the hall . All I could do is stare at Thranduil, my husband. I felt such joy . He was now my husband. My King.
He leaned in to me and whispered, "You know ,My Queen, if you keep staring at me so, I might burst into flame."

I laughed and touched his arm letting a little flame dance harmlessly upon his sleeve, "My King, if I wanted to set you aflame it would not be from my gaze. "

He chuckled and sipped his wine before leaning back to me. "How do you like the necklace?"

I ran my fingers over the fine jewels, " It is absolutely beautiful."

He took my hand and kissed my knuckles, " I'm glad you like them, I was hoping on our honeymoon to see you only in the necklace."

I felt the tips of my ears grow red, I leaned in close to him and kissed his jaw, "Well I imagine that can be arranged."

A/N: So this chapter was a bit rushed since I didn't want to leave you guys hanging with the whole Caerwyn is possibly dead thing from last chapter. So if it flows weird or has some typos let me know. The next chapter is going to be their honeymoon and it might be steamy or it might just be cutesy fluff I haven't decided yet. Maybe a combo.

Also I wanted you guys to know I'll be taking a week off at the end of this month but my hope is to reveal what happened to Caerwyn by then but just wanted to give fair warning that might not happen till December cause there is about 4-6 chapters of content to get through to get to that point.

Anyway. You guys are the best readers! Keep reading please! Love you guys!