Chapter 43: Adhelram (Part 1)

Thranduil wordlessly followed his wife back into their villa, his eyes darting to the main living area where the, now clean, Moriquendi sat shoveling in food as quickly as his hands could move.

His wife chuckled, "Careful there, Adhelram, You don't want to choke before you can tell my husband your tale. "

The Moriquendi stopped and patter his lips with a napkin, his head swiveling to fix Thranduil with his golden gaze.
His eye flicked back to Caerwyn, " I do not have to be a reader of minds like you Elentari*, to know that your husband holds no love for me, I don't know when he will decide my last meal. Hence, I plan to eat as much of this delicious food as I can."

Caerwyn rolled her eyes and went to stand next to her husband and placed a gentle hand on his arm. "I don't blame you for being an overprotective ass, but when he pukes, you're gonna be the one to clean it up." She muttered darkly.

Thranduil stared down at his wife, Her constant mood shifts were going to drive him insane, but he loved her so damn much.

Adhelram begin to slow his eating as his greyish skin turned a rather nasty shade of green.

Caerwyn chuckled and looked up at her husband, "I'd go grab a bucket really quickly so you don't have a bigger mess to clean up."

Thranduil's eyes narrowed and he dashed into the small kitchen and returned just in time to hold it under Adhelram as his stomach purged it's contents.

Thranduil wrinkled his nose in distaste, "Just so you know Moriquendi, my wife has made you a guest in our home, I don't kill my guests." He said in clipped tones.

Adhelram wiped his mouth on his sleeve before staring up at King Thranduil who wordlessly handed the vomit filled bucket to a servant. "Adhelram." He simply stated

"Excuse you." Thranduil said with a raised brow.

"You keep calling me Moriquendi, that is what I am but not who I am. Call me Adhelram."

Thranduil and Adhelram glared at each other ,the tension in the room tighter than a bow string.

Caerwyn let out a loud sigh, " What is it with Elvish men and their need to get into competitive pissing matches? "

Both sets of eyes clicked to stare at her.
Unbothered she placed her hands on her hips and adopted the tone she used to command her troops. "Both of you sit now. Adhelram you will tell us all you know and how you came to be here and Thranduil you will shut up and listen. "

Thranduil mouth snapped open to argue but Caerwyn held up a finger, " Nope, not a word Mister. Don't forget you are already sleeping in a cold bed tonight, don't make it a cold sofa."

Thranduil's mouth shut so quickly his teeth made an audible click.

Caerwyn sat at the head of the table, Adhelram and Thranduil sat across from each other, glaring as if their eyes could kill each other.

"Adhelram if you would please begin your tale."

Adhelram leaned back in his seat closing his golden eyes. A soft sigh escaping him. "All those Millennia ago when the Moriquendi were originally banished from Middle Earth to the Dark Lands as our further punishment we were stripped of our immortality, We now live only as long as Dunedain, about 300 years. As such we breed and populate at a much higher rate, our society developed at a higher rate than here on Middle Earth. We split into different warring tribes and factions untill 200 years ago when one warrior rose above the rest. He crowned himself King and for the first time in generations we knew peace. We flourished. "

Adhelram paused to take a sip of the herbal tea a servant placed before him, grimacing at the taste.

"But there were factions in our military that still held on to old ideals that peace made us weak that we needed to take back our birth rights and claim Middle Earth for ourselves. This faction gained strength and support from the people and they staged a ku , and had the king killed. Under the leadership of General Balzar they plan to conquer all of middle earth."

Thranduil let out a world weary sigh " Why must each generation bring new conflicts?"

Adhelram shrugged, " I'm the wrong person to ask, I'm only 40. "

"That still doesn't explain, your place in all this or the condition at which you arrived." Caerwyn questioned.

Adhelram stared at Caerwyn, "Let's just say I am a victim of the circumstances of my birth, much like yourself. "

A/N: GUYYYYYSSS, I know it has been FOREVER since I've updated. But I've been hard at work making a backlog of chapters so I can post a bunch of stuff in rapid succession. Sorry for making you all wait. Thank you to all the readers who have stuck by me thus far. I hope you enjoy reading this take as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Well that's all for now. Love you guys.

Elentari = Star Queen