Chapter 50: Elanor

Caerwyn clapped Samwise on the shoulder. "Nor, would we ask it of you. You have done enough for Middle Earth."

Samwise let out a sigh of relief, "I'm glad to hear it, I don't think I've got another trip to Mordor in me. " 

The older Hobbit looked up at Legolas and Caerwyn suspiciously, "Though I've got the feeling that this ain't a social visit."

Legolas grimaced, "Unfortunatly not my friend, we might not need your services but we are in need of the particular talent for stealth that Hobbit-kind is graced with."

"I'LL DO IT!" 

The assembled group started as a young ,golden haired ,Hobbit maiden appeared out of seemingly thin air. 

Her bright blue eyes sparkled with excitement , a rosy flush upon her cheeks as she repeated once more "I'll do it, I will lend my aid to Middle Earth."

Sam's eyes flashed in anger , as the tips of his ears turned red, "You will do no such thing Elanor Gamgee, the wilds of Middle Earth are no place for a young Hobbit maiden. "

Elanor stuck her hands on her hips and glowered at her father, " You have raised me on tales of you and Uncle Frodo and all your adventures." Elanor geastured angrily towards Caerwyn , " You have even excitly shared the stories of the Princess General's exploits. But now that I want to have an adventure of my own you are trying to forbid me. Where is the fairness in that?"

"There is no fairness in it. You are my daughter it is my duty to protect you. So as long as you are under my roof I forbid you from joining whatever dangerous quest they have  planned. "

Caerwyn and Legolas looked at each other uncomfortably , feeling like they were intruding on the conversation but unsure of how to extract themselves from the situation. 

The scowl on Elanor's face deepened, "Then I'm no longer part of your household, I'm going to join the Princess-General's house." Elanor grabbed Caerwyn's hand and started dragging her behind as she stormed away. 

Legolas looked down at Sam sheepishly  , " I promise to make sure she makes it back to the Shire alive and well."

"I'm going to hold you to that."

And thus the group had gained their Hobbit Assassin .