Chapter 21: Unhappy Interruptions

Just a warning this chapter starts a bit steamy. If that makes you uncomfortable skip down to below the line.

Thranduil leaned in and claimed Caerwyn's lips with his. Before she could even form a coherent thought , Thranduil had lifted Caerwyn from her chair, and onto his desk, she wrapped her legs around his waist to pull him even closer to her. Never breaking their kiss.

She felt his tongue against her teeth and opened her mouth to him. A soft moan escaped his throat as her fingers danced over his shoulders to wind into his hair. His hands that were firmly planted on his desk on either side of her now moved to raise her skirts. Heat bloomed in his chest as he caressed the soft skin of her thighs. She let out a soft moan.

gods, he loved this elleth so much.

Taking one hand off her thigh, Thranduil reached behind Caerwyn for a small box that rested on his desk.

__________________________

A polite cough sounded from the doorway and the Elvenking and his sentinel broke their kiss. He quickly whipped around to face Meldiron, anger alighting in his eyes.

He felt Caerwyn press her face against his spine in embarrassment, further fueling his fury. "WHAT is so important that you barge in here without knocking , Captain?" Thranduil hissed.

"My king, sorry for the intrusion, but we have received rather urgent news from Gondor."

Thranduil heard the soft whisper of fabric as Caerwyn stood, straightening the skirts of her gown. She popped out from behind his broad back , the tips of her ears bright red. "Then, I'll take my leave."
She rushed past Meldiron and out the door.
Thranduil stared after her, wanting desperately to be back in her embrace.

His attention focused back on Meldiron who had a goofy grin on his face, he elbowed Thranduil in the ribs, teasing him.

"Remember, when I told you to not become attached to General Telcontar?"

"Yes"

"Forget, I ever said that. Don't let that elleth go."

Thranduil threw the small box at Meldiron, who caught it with snake like reflexes. "That was what I was planning on doing before you interrupted."

Meldiron opened the box and within sat the most beautiful sapphire ring. The oval cut jewel sat in a gold band that looked like twisted leaves.

Meldiron closed the box, smiling softly " Congratulations, my friend, she will make a great Queen."

Thranduil sat back down behind his desk . "I know she will, so what is so urgent, that you barged in here?"

"Lord Elrond has sent word, Isildur is dead."

Thranduil's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "What? How?"

"He was slain by Orcs, while traveling."

The Elvenking sighed pinching the bridge of his nose, the headache he had before Caerwyn showed up was back with a vengeance. "Did Lord Elrond, send word as to what happened to the ring Isildur carried?"

Meldiron nodded knowing of which ring Thranduil spoke of. "They believe it lost."

"That is for the better, hopefully the evil thing will never be seen from again."

Thranduil's eyes drifted towards the abandoned dinner tray on his desk. He stood shifting his robes, he stuck the small box in the inside pocket.

" If you could please dispatch a messenger to relay my condolences."

Thranduil picked up the dinner tray " I have a most pressing mission at hand."

" Good luck, my friend."

A/N: Sorry this chapter is a bit shorter but what you all know is coming up needs its own chapter. I know you guys hate me for making you wait but the heart melting goodness will be worth it.