Chapter 39: Meeting grounds

A month had passed since the messages were sent to meet at Lothlorian to discuss the future of their home.

Neither the dwarves or the Men of the North had responded.

Surprisingly though the Corsairs had responded. According to Idwal the current Admiral was wise enough to know that if Middle Earth fell, so would their profits.

Caerwyn had arrived at Lothlorien two weeks ahead with a mass of servants and craftsman in order to claim back some of the dwellings from nature but also in order to search the great archives for any information on the Moriquendi that would give them some sort of leg up.

Caerwyn threw another dusty tome against the wall in frustration, releasing a mushroom cloud of dust. Two weeks she had been searching for any information, and has yet to come up with anything.

Idwal stepped into the room picking the book off the floor, "Really, Caerwyn, I thought your parents taught you more respect for books than that. These tomes are easily the same age as your husband."

"At least I have a husband."

Idwal shrugged, "Sounds like a personal problem to me."

Caerwyn released a dry laugh. " My dear friend, how I missed your wit."

"Did you really though? From what I understand you had no memory of this time or your family."

Caerwyn smirked, "You very well know what I mean Id. Anyway. By your presence I assume the Corsairs have been successfully escorted."

"Yes, and the High King and the delegation from Gondor have also just arrived Lord Elboron is amongst them."

Caerwyn inwardly groaned. Lord Elboron the son of Eowyn and Faramir was a good man, kind and the best tactician in the land. But wherever Elboron went, his oafish son Odger followed.

Idwal laughed "I can already see your thoughts Caerwyn, and yes Odger is still as vile as always."

Caerwyn groaned

"Yes, but imagine the look on the Elvenking's face if Odger tries to propose to you again."

Caerwyn couldn't help the grin that spread across her face as the image of Thranduil ripping Odger in half with his bare hands flashed through her mind. She quickly stood brushing her hands against her tunic.
"Well then we shouldn't keep our guests waiting."

Idwal let out another booming laugh

Exiting the archives, Caerwyn was temporarily blinded by the late afternoon sun. Blinking rapidly she saw her father surrounded by guards ( not that he really needed them. He was well over a hundred but still could best most in a fight)

Caerwyn couldn't help herself, it had been years since she had seen her father, she ran to him , tears in her eyes, feeling much like the little girl who had come running to her father after scraping her knees.

Aragorn turned to see his daughter bolting towards him, her white hair billowing behind her. His eyes widening in shock, the silver mask she had worn since childhood was missing from her face. What a beautiful young woman she had grown into. The resemblance to the Lady Galadriel was uncanny.

Aragorn opened his arms wide and Caerwyn crashed into them.
"I missed you father."

"And I , you, Cae."

Caerwyn pulled back from hugging her father. Wiping at the tears that threatened to fall from her eyes. " I...uh..there is much for me to tell you."

"I imagine so... Rhoswyn would not tell me anything of your tale except you had returned unharmed. "

Caerwyn called over her shoulder, " Idwal if you would please show the Gondor delegation to their dwellings I need to talk with my father."