Chapter 18: Back to Minas Tirith

Present

The Elvenking downed yet another glass of wine to help dull the pain of the tale he laid before Spymaster Idwal.

Idwal looked at him trying to discern what he had just heard. "You mean to tell me that the Princess-General gets shot back in time and the first thing you try and do is seduce her?!"

The Elvenking raised an eyebrow in annoyance.

"I did not seduce, the Princess-General and you even thinking she is capable of being so easily swayed shows you don't know her as well as you think you do."

Idwal's eyes flashed with anger, "Then what do you call your actions?!"

"FALLING IN LOVE!" Thranduil roared , he sighed pinching his nose , "Caerwyn was the great love of my life."

Idwal's eyes narrowed in suspicion, " That still doesn't explain where the Princess-General went, even if she was shot back in time, she is immortal and should be here now. What happened?"

The Elvenking stood his head throbbing from all the wine. "That is a story for another time. Now you must ride for Minas Tirith, her family deserves to be notified of her disappearance."

"And do you expect me to explain it to them, without the King coming after both our heads?"

The Elvenking stared at Idwal, "You are a spymaster, I imagine you will craft up something." The Elven king then brushed past Idwal out of his studies. Idwal stared after him, a vein throbing in his forehead.

But Idwal did admit , the Elvenking was correct, the royal family deserved to know of the Princess-General's disappearance. Even if it meant King Aragorn would have his head for not protecting his beloved daughter.

So Idwal made the journey back to Minas Tirith with a heavy heart.

He didn't even make it to the gates before the King himself road out to meet him, surrounded by the royal guard.

Idwal climbed off his horse and bowed at the waist before his king, only to find the King's sword at his neck.

"Would you care to explain to me Idwal, why my Queen and my eldest daughter have been in a panic for nearly two weeks as they say they can no longer sense Caerwyn's power."

Idwal swallowed hard, "We were set upon by a hoard of Orcs in Mirkwood after a messenger informed us that you wished us to go for an urgent meeting with the Elvenking."

Idwal felt the sword lower from his throat and he straightened looking toward the King , grief shown in his eyes. " So that is it. My precious Cae , is gone."

Idwal straightened his tunic, "Not entirety, Sire. She wasn't killed, at least I don't think she was, the Elvenking is withholding information but he tells me that some unknown magic has spirited her away to the time shortly after Sauron was originally banished."

Sadness was replaced by determination. " Come, Idwal , back in the citadel you will tell me all you have learned."

They rode back to the citadel where a rather agitated Rhoswyn met them. "Where is my sister, you harlot."

Idwal smirked, he always found Caerwyn to be the more reasonable of the royal twins yet Rhoswyn was considered to be the genteel, ladylike one. Idwal bowed at the waist
"As always, it is a pleasure seeing you Princess Rhoswyn."

Rhoswyn looked as if she could spit venom if she wanted.

The King gently took her by the arm and led her back inside " Come Rhoswyn, I let you sit in as Master Idwal tells us what has happened to your twin."

Once in the great council chambers Idwal regaled the assembled few with all he had learned.

Rhoswyn stood quickly and stormed toward the door.
"Where are you going daughter?" The high King yelled after her.

Rhoswyn turned back, fire burning in her green eyes, "I'm going to force the Elvenking to tell me what has become of my sister."

The King looked at Idwal in a long suffering manner. "Can you please accompany her and make sure my daughter, the future queen of Rohan, doesn't cause an international incident? I don't feel like having to explain to my grandchildren why their mother is locked up in an elvish prison."

A/N: So I originally planned this section to be only one chapter but then I kept adding more stuff. And now it will be split in two. So the next chapter (which I hope to have out in the next few days) will continue to be in present time. Thanks for all your love and support! You readers are the best!