Chapter 35: What can We Say?

Caerwyn pulled back from the kiss and caressed the ruined side of Thranduil's face. He leaned into her warm touch. He had gone so long without any warmth in his life.

"You know." Caerwyn softly said, "I can heal you, if you want. "

Thranduil's eyes snapped open. He searched Caerwyn's face "Lord Elrond was the best healer in all of Arda but even he couldn't fully heal me."

Caerwyn smiled a warm glow emmited from her hands as she placed them on either side of his face. " I am not my grandfather. "

Thranduil's eyes widened as sight was restored to his blind eye, warmth spread through his face and down his shoulder. The open wound on his face sealed leaving a pink scar.
"That's the best I can do for you beloved. You and Meldiron will have to compete for best facial scar. "

Thranduil chuckled, "I've known you for twenty years , Starlight, and I didn't even know you had any healing ability besides your innate one."

Caerwyn shrugged ,"I'm a woman of many mysteries." She sashayed to the door and then turned back toward Thranduil a wolfish grin on her face, " Do you think our chambers will be cleaned by now?"

A few hours later

Thranduil and Caerwyn lay in their bed. Caerwyn's head rested on Thranduil's bare chest listening to the steady thrum of his heart.

He traced a finger up and down her arm humming in contentment.

Suddenly Caerwyn sat up a look of panic on her face. She stared at Thranduil, "With everything that has happened, there is something critical we forgot."

"Mmmm what is that Dear?" Thranduil said in a husky voice.

"Legolas."

It was now Thranduil's turn to sit up in shock. He leaned up against the headboard in thought. Caerwyn pulled her knees up to her chest, resting her forehead against them. Thranduil rubbed small circles on her back.

Caerwyn turned toward Thranduil her eyes ringed in red. "How are we to explain to Legolas that the daughter of his sworn brother is really his mother?"

Thranduil shook his head , " I don't even know where he is, let alone what to tell him."

"He should be in the Shire still."

"What, how do you know that?"

Caerwyn shrugged, "He sends my father messages about his travels and Idwal makes it his business to know the contents of every message that comes to my family. "

Thranduil shook his head , " How long have you known where our son was and said nothing."

Caerwyn smirked "In my defense for most of the time I've known you I didn't know Legolas was Our son."

Thranduil released a pent in sigh. "Tomorrow could you please pen a message to him asking him to meet. I don't even think he would read a message if it came from me."

Caerwyn nodded and leaned against her husband's shoulder , "What kind of strange fate we are in that I'm younger than my son?"

Thranduil snorted "Imagine how weird it was for me when I came to convey my congratulations for the birth of you and Rhoswyn and seeing my wife as an infant."

Caerwyn couldn't help but bark out a laugh. "Thankfully I turned out to be immortal so you never have to see me toothless and in diapers again."

A/N: So When Thranduil refers to knowing Caerwyn for twenty years he is talking about the fifteen years she was his emissary in present time and the five years she knew him the past.

So who can't wait until Legolas shows up? I'm excited to write that chapter. We gotta get through that mess before we can find out what kind of evil is brewing in Mordor.

As always you readers are the best! Love you guys!