36- The Perfect Bouquet

I grabbed the flower out of the vase and the sticky note from the desk and ran down the stairs and outside to the backyard. I looked around frantically in search for my dad.

"Dad?! Are you alive?!" I cried to myself. I suddenly stop as I looked at where I came from the woods and saw a large patch of the white flowers. It was practically invisible in the woods, but they're completely visible from where I was standing.

I ran over to the patch and gazed upon the clutter of white bells. "This was you, wasn't it dad? You knew about the last ingredient and planted them here for us to find." I pulled the flowers up by the roots, not knowing what part of the flower we needed.

I managed to pull up half of the patch in my arms before I quickly ran back into the woods to the car. As I ran with the flowers in my arms, I couldn't help but think if my dad was alive, where would he be?

As I reached the car, Seungmin and Jisung were already waiting outside the car. "Dang Felix!" Jisung gasped as he looked at the arm full of flowers that I had carried up. "Just dump them into the trunk." Seungmin lifts the trunk of the car.

I breathed heavily as I placed all the flowers into the trunk. "Were did you find all these anyways?" Seungmin questions as he slams the trunk shut.

"I'll tell you on the way home, it's going to be dangerous if we stay here at night." Both of them agreed as all of us hopped into the car and headed back to the cabin.

"Now explain." Jisung turned around to face me in the backseat. "There's a couple things I need to share with you guys actually." I stiffened up. "I accidentally appeared back at my house, so I decided to go inside to look around. When I went up to my room, I saw the flower in a vase and under the vase, there was a note." I scramble through my pocket and hands it over to Jisung to read.

"Your dad is alive?!" Jisung gasped as he finished reading the note. "Wait....how?! Are you sure it's not a member of the Devil's Dark Knights playing a trick on us?!" Seungmin questions. "No....I know my dads handwriting, and our enemy doesn't know about this poison yet."

We all rode in silence for a few minutes, not knowing what to say or what to do. "If your dad is still alive, does that mean....Chaya is alive too?" Jisung turned back to look at my reaction. There was a long silence in the car before I spoke up. "I don't know, I'm hoping she got out of there safely too."

"So....are you going to go look for them?" Jisung broke the awkward silence again. "I have to." I sighed heavily as I looked out at sunset as the last ray of light disappeared behind the mountain.

~~~~

Once we reached the cabin, Minho's car was already parked there. "Where's Changbin and the other car?" Jisung questions. "You know Changbin, he's takes extra precautions." Seungmin parked his car and we all got out to carry in the white flowers.

We did our signature knock on the door to let the other guys know it was us and Hyunjin ended up opening the door for all of us. "Is that the last ingredient?" Hyunjin's eyebrow cocks up in disbelief as he closes and locks the door shut.

"That's what the note says that Elise's parents left us." I replied as we all walked into my room to work on the poison. "What flower parts do we need?" I ask Seungmin. Seungmin flips through his book and reads for a few moments before speaking.

"The book says that every part of this flower is poisonous, but it seems like the leaves are the most fatal part." Seungmin begins picking off each part of the flower. "Let's use the whole flower for extra power." Seungmin drops in the little bell petals.

"How could such a pretty flower be so poisonous?" Jeongin examines a flower out of curiosity. "We'll cut the stem, leaves, and roots into small pieces." Seungmin pulls out his pocket knife. "Can you go get me an old cutting board from the kitchen?" He instructed me. I nodded as a reply and walked out of the room. I headed into the kitchen and scrambled through my cabinets to find an old cutting board.

A sharp pain suddenly stabbed me in the side and I toppled over onto the floor. I breathed heavily as the pain seemed to spread through the whole side of my body. The weird feeling in the stomach started again and it felt like I was going to throw up.

I managed to crawl to the trash can just in time to throw up my empty stomach. "Felix?!" Hyunjin rushed in along with Minho and Jisung. "Are you okay?! What happened?!" Hyunjin patted my back as I finished emptying into the trash can.

"I don't know....I keep having this weird feeling in my stomach and it keeps making me nauseous." I groaned as the other members helped me up to my feet. "Take some medicine." Jisung looked through the medicine cabinet and handed me two pills and a water bottle.

I took them with no hesitation because if we were going to fight our enemies soon, I can't have this pain stop me. "Found it!" Minho pulled out a few plastic cutting boards and we all go back to my room to presume our tasks.

"Are you okay Felix? Are you sick again?" Seungmin eyes me worriedly as he overheard me throwing up in the kitchen. "Yeah....I'll be fine." I simply reply as we all got to work in adding the last ingredient.

It was almost midnight as we cut up as many flowers as we could. "We'll let the flowers soak for a few hours before straining them out." Seungmin closes the lid on the last jar.

"Hey! We got a few flowers lefts over." Jeongin picked up the last little bouquet of flowers. "Can I have them?" I asked. "Sure...." Jeongin hands me the flowers. "What are you going to do with them?" Jisung questions as a small smirk appears on his face.

"I'm going to put it in a vase and leave it in my room! My room is kind of dull anyways!" I quickly defended myself before heading out into the kitchen again to find a vase for the flowers.

I couldn't find one, but another idea popped into my head. I cut off all the roots and tied the flowers together into a small bouquet before grabbing a small snack bag and putting it under the stems. I filled up the bag with water and securely tied wrapped rubber bands to prevent the bag from falling off.

I held out the finished bouquet in front of me, but something was missing. "I got it!" I beamed as I walked back into my room.

"Mhmm....to decorate your room you say?" Minho jokes as all the other guys smirk in amusement. "Yes! For decoration only!" I glared at them as I pulled out a small box on top of my bookshelf. I opened the lid to reveal small containment's that I had left of Chaya. I grabbed a white ribbon and tied it around the bouquet.

"Perfect!" I smiled widely as I held out the perfect bouquet for a non-perfect, but important person.

****************
"You don't have to be perfect all the time. You can make mistakes. As long as you're trying your very best, that is all that matters."