14- A Slight Predicament

Felix Pov
"It's getting hard to breathe...." She gasped. "Don't say anything! Save your energy!" I cried. "I'm so tired..." She weakly whispered. "No! You have to stay awake! If you close your eyes you'll die!" I panicked.

"Felix..? You know that...I always try to run away....this time...I actually want to stay." She smiled as she slowly closed her eyes and her hand fell down beside her.

"No! Elise!" I shook her to wake her up but she didn't move. "Hyunjin! Where are you!" I shouted with the last of my hopes. Just as I did, a car turned sharply around the corner as it raced towards us. I picked Elise up and ran towards the car. Hyunjin quickly rushed out and opened the car door for me. "I already called Seungmin and Woojin! They're ready for Elise!" Hyunjin breathes heavily. I jump into the back seat as Hyunjin jumps back into the front.

Chan was at the wheel and he quickly speeds off towards Seungmin's and Woojin's house. "What happened to Elise?!" Chan shouted. "She got stabbed by a girl that we thought was lost but she turned out to be someone different!" I angrily shouted. "Whenever I find her, she's dead!" I snarled under my breath.

~~~~

I held onto Elise tightly and put more pressure on her wound. I don't know what's happening to me! My heart was racing in panic like it never had before. The only time I remembered is when my parents got killed and I barely dodged the murders. This feeling almost feels the same but yet, it feels a lot different.

Chan abruptly stopped as we reached Seungmin's and Woojin's home. Hyunjin opened the door and I jumped out and quickly ran inside to meet Seungmin and Woojin. "What happened to her?!" Woojin questioned as he quickly opened the bedroom door. "She was stabbed by someone we thought was lost when she actually had another plan in mind!" I huffed as I gently laid Elise down on the bed. "Step outside and we'll try our best to save her!" Seungmin quickly rushed me out and closed the door.

I anxiously paced back and forth in front of the doors nervously waiting for Seungmin and Woojin to bring me good news. "Felix....go wash up and sit down." Hyunjin said as he led me to the bathroom. "I'm sure she'll be fine! Seungmin and Woojin are professionals! They saved us many times before!" Hyunjin reassured as he backed out of the bathroom. "Wash up and come out and I'll have some food set out for you!" He said before he closed the door.

I opened the faucet and washed the dried blood off my hands. I just stared down blankly at the red water that drained down the sink. I took off my mask and washed my face. I looked up at my reflection and gently touched my scared corner lips. "Do you remember when you gave me this scar Elise?"

~~~~

After I ate the food Hyunjin and Chan attempted to make for me, I laid on the couch to get some sleep but my stomach kept flipping as I heard the slow heartbeat of the heart monitor inside the bedroom. "Woojin and Seungmin are taking a long time!" Chan sighed as he stared at the bedroom door. "I'm sure they got everything under control!" Hyunjin reassures as he tried to motion Chan to stop talking.

"Are you okay Felix? You're never like this unless we get hurt. But for a girl....especially her! I thought we were only going to use her to help you find revenge for your parents?" Hyunjin questioned. "I'm okay....I'm just worried that if she dies, my chance of finding the murders who killed my parents are gone." I sighed. "And what about the other girl in the basement?" Chan asked. "Shhh! We don't talk so openly about her right now!" Hyunjin hissed at him.

The doors to the bedroom suddenly opened as Woojin and Seungmin walked out of the door. I quickly got up and hurried over to them. "Is she okay?!" I frantically asked as I looked behind them into the bedroom. "She's fine!" Seungmin smiled. "She made it just in time!" Woojin reassures me as he pats me on the shoulder. "You guys are amazing!" I laughed as I hugged them tightly. "May I go in and see her?" I asked. "Go ahead! We might need some help to transfer her into another room." Seungmin said as he steps aside to let me through. "No problem!" I smiled as I walked passed them and into the bloody bedroom.

I slowly approached Elise as I saw her wound on her abdomen wrapped up in bandages. I looked up to her face and saw dried blood still painted on the side of her face. I grabbed a wet towel and slowly wiped the blood off her face and hands until no traces were left.

The heartbeat monitor kept beeping at a low rate as she slowly breathed along with it. Every heartbeat that showed on the monitor made my heart skip as I was afraid it was going to stop showing me her heartbeat and tell me she was gone from this world.

"We are just cursed in this lifetime." I sighed as I looked down at her. "I wish we never had to face the tragic events, but what would happen if those events didn't happen? Would I ever meet you if those tragic events didn't happen?" I stared at her as the glow of the sunset peered through the window onto her weak body. "I promise I won't let you get hurt again!" Seungmin and Woojin quickly walked into the room and patted my shoulders.

"Umm....there's a slight predicament that we didn't think of!" Woojin sighed. "How are we going to change her?" Seungmin questioned. My eyes grew wide as I looked back at Elise soaked in her bloody clothes. "I can change her!" Chan ran into the room. "You?!" Everyone questioned as Chan just smiled at them. "Who do you think she trust the most in here?!" Chan exclaimed as he walked on the other side of the bed. "I don't trust you!" I glared at him. "It's not like I'm going to do anything bad to her!" Chan sighed.

"Still! A boy can't change an unconscious girl! That's the female nurses job! Do you think you're a female nurse?!" I shouted. Everyone looked over at me confused as my blood started to boil. "I'll be the female nurse for today then!" Chan innocently smiled. Hyunjin quickly scurried into the room to check the commotion. "What's going on?!" He asked Woojin. No one said anything and just stared at Elise. "I'll change her!!" I exclaimed as my blood boiled even hotter.