32- I Understand

I quickly and quietly stepped outside into the cool night and made my way to where I remembered the basement doors were yesterday night. I took each step slowly as I tried to hear the creak of the doors from under my feet.

I listened closely as I carefully took another step to hear a small creak. I bent down and felt around until I felt the fake grass covering over the hidden doors. I quietly lifted the grass up and revealed the unlocked doors.

I made my way down the dark staircase and grabbed the key from under the last step before running down the hall. I quickly unlocked the door to reveal the imprisoned girl in the same state she was yesterday night.

"It's me! I'm going to get you out of here!" I ran over and threw the sack off her head and then untied her hands from the chair. "Thank you so much!" She cried out in joy as she struggled to stand up. "I know a place where we can go." I slung her arm around me and off we ran out of the dungeon.

Before we left, I made sure to cover everything up to make the hidden doors look untouched before we made our way far from the house.

"Where are we going?" The girl whispers in my ear as we continued to quickly limp into the dark forest. "Somewhere safe for both of us." I huffed out as the cold air stung my lungs each step we took.

After what felt like an eternity running through the dense forest, we finally slowed to a halt in front of Seungmin's and Woojin's old home where they saved me the first time and where Woojin was killed.

"What is this place?" She asked as she looked around. "Let's get ourselves inside." I breathed heavily as we both made our way in.

We both walked into the old home and to my astonishment, there were no decomposing bodies anywhere to be seen. "I'm guessing either the boys cleaned up after or the Devil's Dark Knights needed to clean any evidence of themselves." I thought to myself as I laid Scarlet on the couch.

"Rest here until morning and then you can make your way down the path during the day to get back to town to get some help." I smiled as I sat on the other couch. "How about you?" She asked as she laid down.

I just shook my head as a sad smile crossed my face. "I'm not going to make it out of here, so one of us has to make it out of this hell hole alive." I placed a hand on my wound. "I'll stay up to keep watch until you leave." I reassured Scarlet. She nodded at me before drifting off to sleep immediately.

~~~~

I shook scarlet awake as the clock read 6am. "Scarlet, you need to go now. It's still dark, but it will become light very soon so you need to have a head start before the guys catch you." I helped her to the door.

"Thank you for everything!" She cried as she hugged me tightly. I just smiled as I broke off our hug and placed the flashlight in her hands. "Go quickly! Stay safe!" I ushered her out. She nodded and ran down the steps and disappeared into the dark morning.

I slowly walked back inside and made my way to the room where I stayed at and where they fought with their lives in order to save me.

There was still blood stains scattered everywhere on the walls and floors of the hallways and in the bedroom as I walked inside.

I sighed heavily as I remembered the terrifying moments I had in this room. I walked over to the old cabinets and grabbed a bottle of the remaining rubbing alcohol that was left before laying on the old bed.

"This place was where I was supposed to die anyways." I sadly smiled as I gripped the bottle. "One more minute before I can sleep for forever." I told myself as I closed my eyes.

~~~~

My body naturally woke up as the first sunlight peered into the room. I sleepily rub my eyes as I looked at the bottle still in my hands.

"This really is goodbye Felix." Tears rolled down my face as I unwrapped the bandages around my wound and then proceeded to open the bottle of rubbing alcohol. I took my last deep breath before slowly tilting the bottle over my wound.

Before a drop of the alcohol could even drop on my wound, my ears suddenly perked up to a sudden and familiar 'whoosh' . Before I could even blink, a ninja star shattered the window beside me and in jumped Felix and the rest of the StrayKids.

Felix's Pov
After I walked out of Elise's room, I went straight into my room and sat on my bed in thought, starring at the ceiling and thinking of multiple thoughts for what seemed like forever.

"Felix?" Jeongin slowly walked in and sat beside me on the bed. "I don't know what you're thinking, but I know a lot of the members are suspicious about Elise being a spy for you know who. I just wanted to know what your thoughts are on this predicament."

I stayed silent as I continued to look up at the ceiling. "I don't know Jeongin." I finally answered. "I really don't understand what's going on." I sighed heavily. "Well....my thoughts are this." Jeongin began as he stood up. "I think Elise is one of us." He simply stated as he walked out of the room.

I turned to my side and thought over the situation until nightfall and until my brain couldn't function anymore and ended up falling asleep.

~~~~

"Felix!!!" Shouts filled my ears as I shot up from my bed to see my members run into my room. "Elise is gone! And so is the girl in the basement!" Hyunjin shouted as he quickly walked up to me.

I jump off my bed and ran past them into Elise's room to see no one there. "Where did she go?!" I questioned as I spun around to the others. They all just shook their heads and shrugged just as confused as me.

I walked to her bed to examine if she left anything. There was nothing until I looked over onto the other side of the lamp to see her necklace hanging around the top and the rest dangling on the lamp shade.

I picked up her necklace and examined it until I saw a quick shadow on the walls. I looked to the wall as I see a light shadow of a rectangular shape on the wall that moved with my hand that was holding the necklace.

"Give me a flashlight and turn off the lights!" I commanded. Everyone sprinted into action as quickly as they could and did what I had asked.

Hyunjin placed a flashlight in my hands as Seungmin turned off the lights. I placed Elise's necklace on the face of the flashlight and carefully moved it until a clear image appeared on the wall.

"This is...-" Chan gasped as he looked at the letter. "This is our missing piece." I finished Chan's sentence as I read the letter from Elise's parents. "Elise...." Changbin paused. "She helped that girl escape, but why?"

I sighed deeply as I finally understood what Elise had done. "She did this on purpose! She left the necklace to prove her innocence to us and helped the girl escape to test us if we were on her side."

"Then where would she take the girl?" Seungmin asked. "The only place she knows in this entire forest." My eyes widened. "Your cabin Seungmin!" We all ran out the door and into the cool morning as the sun was almost about to rise. We all hopped into our three cars and zoomed towards Seungmin's cabin.

"I understand now Elise! Just wait a little longer! I understand! Please wait for me!"

****************
Are you guys ready for the next chapter? *evil laugh*

I will be uploading the next chapter this week! ;)