26- No Cure

"What do you mean?" Hyunjin looked down at me weirdly as he carefully pulled out the needle from my arm. "I don't know.....it's weird." I put a little more pressure on my wound but I still flinched as it was still painful, just not as painful as before.

After a few moments, Seungmin walked back into the room. "Seungmin! You need to hear what happened." Hyunjin exclaimed as he quickly pulled him over to me. Seungmin seemed confused but also a bit nervous in what he was going to hear.

"Seungmin, after the transfusion of Felix's blood, the pain from my abdomen finally settled." I exclaimed as I turned to my side with more ease. Seungmin furrowed his eyebrows and placed his finger under his chin in thought.

"He's a regular human being as far as I know." Seungmin joking laughed as he still kept thinking. "If what you say is true, I'll have to do some more testing to see if we somewhat have a cure for the poison." Seungmin nods as he completed his thinking process.

"Do you think you can sit up or stand up?" Seungmin questions. "Maybe....?" I placed my elbows on top of the mattress and slowly pulled my way up to lean against the headboard with little pain in my abdomen. "I only felt a small sensation in my wound but other than that, I feel okay."

The other boys looked at me all confused and thought about how the pain in my abdomen suddenly settled down by Felix's blood. "Try standing up." Seungmin suggested.

I slowly swing my legs to the side of the bed and slowly lift myself to stand on the ground. My balance wasn't perfect because my abdomen still gave me some pain as I stood up.

"After Felix regains some strength, I'll take a little bit of his blood and a little from your wound and do another test to figure out what's going on." Seungmin planned as he looked upon me. I just nodded as I slowly sat back on the bed.

"Let's clean your wound again and change your bandages." Seungmin walked over to the other side of the room and grabbed some rubbing alcohol and another roll of bandages. "Hyunjin, can you help Elise while I go check up on Felix?" Seungmin placed the items into Hyunjin's hands before Hyunjin could even protest.

"Do you know how?" I laughed at Hyunjin. He just turned to look at me as his hands began to shake. "Why is he making me do this?!" He groaned as he walked over and sat in front of me on the bed.

"Here we go." I rolled my eyes.

Felix's Pov
My eyes slowly opened to see myself in my dark room with Seungmin at my desk working in his mini lab. "Seungmin?" I grunted as I grabbed my head from the immense pain that throbbed around in my skull.

"You're finally up." Seungmin smiles as he walked over to me. "What time is it? The last thing I remembered was falling to the floor in Elise's room after giving my blood to her." I asked as I sat up.

"Do you really want to know?" Seungmin cocked an eyebrow as he looked down at his watch. "It's been two days since you passed out." He finally answered as he looked at me. "Two days?! How was I unconscious for two days?!" I questioned in astonishment.

"Felix....do you not remember what you've been through either? Your body is exhausted by what you had gone through for the past few weeks. I think your body really needed this time to heal a bit." Seungmin sighed as he got up and patted my shoulder.

"How's Elise? Where are the boys?" I frantically ask as my mind quickly switched to another topic. "Elise is healing well and is asleep right now and the boys came back from Elise's house safely and are now sleeping or on watch." Seungmin sat back in the desk chair to work on something else.

"What have you been working on?" I question as I saw him grab different variety of tools and looked into his microscope. "I have something to inform you about." Seungmin stopped and rolled back over to my bed.

"After doing the blood transfusion for Elise, the pain in her wound almost instantly got better and we don't know how that worked out. I've been waiting for you to wake up so I can do a test with your blood and Elise's wound."

My face went blank as I thought over how my blood helped her wound instantly get better. "I'm a regular human though." I jokingly laugh as I continued to think. "I'm thinking that it may be like a detoxifying agent with your blood and the poison in Elise's blood. Both of you guys have AB type blood, so I was thinking since the poison is like an intruder in Elise's bloodstream, your blood was like a backup army to come and defeat most of the poison." Seungmin finished his theory and waited for me to see if I had anything to say.

"I guess it make some sense...." I thought his theory over. "She also lost a lot of blood and her body was weak from fighting the poison. There's only one thing that I don't get though." Seungmin's eyebrows furrow together. "How did Elise survive for so long with the Devil's Dark Knights poison? That poison can easily torture and kill you in four hours."

I thought hard on the situation as Seungmin rolled back to the desk and grabbed a needle to take a blood sample. "How can it be?" I questioned as Seungmin inserted the needle into my arm and drew some blood. "I don't know either." Seungmin sighed as he went back to the desk to start his testing.

"Get some more rest Felix, you need it." Seungmin suggested as he never looked up from his lab. "And how long have you been up in your lab?" I asked him as I looked at my alarm clock that read two in the morning.

My eyes slowly started getting drowsy again as my mind kept thinking about the situation. My eyes finally closed shut as I fell back to sleep.

~~~~

My eyes slowly fluttered open as the sun barely leaked through the small cracks in my curtains. I turned my head to the side just to see Seungmin asleep at his lab.

I slowly get up and stumble my way to my desk to check up on what Seungmin had tested on. I looked at all his testing tubes until one set of tubes caught my eye.

The tubes indicated that my blood was in one, mixed with Elise's wound blood and it seemed just like regular blood. "That means my blood is helping Elise...." I thought over as I read the other tubes. I came along another tube with black chucks of Elise's blood that indicated it was the mix with poison from the Devil's Dark Knights.

I looked down and scanned all of Seungmin's notes without disrupting his sleep until I saw a piece of paper with words written in bold, reading

"NO CURE".

****************
Note: I am not a doctor and any medical reference I put in is probably very wrong! I'm sorry to all the doctors out there!🙏