35- Lily of the Valley

Felix's Pov
I wanted to get in a car with Elise just to make sure she'll be okay, but we all ended up separating without having a choice about which car we could get in. I ended up in a car with Seungmin and Jisung through all the mayhem that went on outside.

I quickly dialed the other two cars number and told them to separate until after dark so they would know if they were followed.

After I hung up, I suddenly felt a pit in the bottom of my stomach, usually telling me that something bad is going to happen. "Let's quickly try to loose them and get back to the cabin as fast as we can!" I told Jisung as he replied with just a nod and stepped on the accelerator through the forest.

~~~~

We drove in multiple directions and around in circles far from the cabin for about three hours before racing back to finish the poison.

No matter how long I waited for the weird feeling in my stomach to settle down, it just wouldn't. I felt like throwing up after the car ride because of the strong sensation in my stomach.

Once we arrived back at the cabin, all three of us quickly hopped out of the car and raced inside to my room where Seungmin still had his mini lab.

I hand Seungmin and Jisung Elise's necklace for them to review the note about the last ingredient while I went into my closet and ripped the floorboards up to reveal a large box.

I carried out the large box and carefully set it onto the desk to reveal four large jars filled with our poison.

"The last ingredient is a flower....?" Seungmin quickly reacts and goes over to one side of the room where a small shelf hangs. He quickly grabs a book off the shelf and brings it back to the desk and flipped through the book. He then pulls out his phone and quickly searches up something.

"This flower is extremely poisonous." Seungmin said in astonishment as he looked back and forth from his phone to the book on the desk.

"What's it called? And where can we find it?" I asked as I walked over to look down at the book. It shown a sketch of the flower with different details surrounding the image.

"It's called Lily of the Valley and online says they bloom in cool temperatures in the woods. That's why they call it the Lily of the Valley." Seungmin scrolls through his phone.

"Let's not spare any time! We have to go search for some!" Jisung suggested. We all agreed and quickly walked out of the bedroom.

"Wait-!" I grab my stomach as the weird feeling came to my stomach again. "I need to quickly eat something." I groaned as I quickly walk into the kitchen.

I swing open the fridge and grab an apple from the drawer, but I instantly threw up in the trashcan after I took a bite from the apple.

"Felix?! Are you okay?!" Seungmin and Jisung quickly run over to help. After gagging and emptying my empty stomach, I rinsed out my mouth and slowly gulped a bottle of water. "What's going on with me?" I breathed heavily as I leaned on the counter.

"Are you sick again?" Seungmin placed his hand on my forehead. "No....your temperature is normal." Seungmin steps back and examines me.

"I don't know what's going on. My stomach kept bothering me since we all split up at your house." I rubbed my stomach as it settles back down again.

"I'll be alright! We need to find those flowers quickly!" Seungmin and Jisung was hesitant about having me come along, but we all knew that it would be best to have as many people searching as possible. We all agreed and ran out the door to our car and headed down to the valley near town.

~~~~

Jisung swerved to a hidden spot in the valley about two miles away from town. "You guys need to be careful." I announced as we all got out of the car.

"Don't worry! I'm not living in the renaissance era." Seungmin chuckles as he lifts the side of his jacket to reveal a gun attached to his belt.

"You're no fun Seungmin." Jisung sighs as he spins his personalized throwing knife in his hand. "I agree." I laughed as I pulled out my ninja stars. "Well....I like the accuracy and the one shot one kill sort of thing." Seungmin crosses his arm as he looks at our surroundings.

"It's going to get dark soon, we need to split up and search for that flower. Here's a picture of what it looks like." Seungmin turns his phone around to show us white flowers that resembled hanging bells.

"How could such a beautiful flower be so poisonous?" I asked as I pulled out my phone to search up the flower. As I typed in the name of the flower, the search bar recommended me the meaning behind the poisonous flower. "Why not?" I said to myself as I clicked on the suggestion.

"Alright! Let's split up to go search for this flower. It's getting dark soon, so let's meet back here at 7 right before it turns completely dark." We all nodded and split up in different directions.

I walked down towards town, hoping that the flower patches will be somewhere on flatter grounds.

I searched every inch as I walked around the valley in search for the flowers. As my eyes were on the ground while my ears were always listening to my surroundings.

I continued to walk around the valley that I didn't notice how far I walked until I saw the backyard of houses. I stealthily walked closer to a backyard to check if there were any flowers, but that was when I finally noticed where I was.

My eyes filled with tears as I stared at my old house. My feet automatically walked closer and out into the backyard. My feet continued as I walked up the steps to the back door and tried to open it, but of course it was locked.

I looked around to find anything to pick the lock, but that was when I remembered where we stored a hidden key outside. I walked backed down the steps and yanked up the first wooden step to reveal a plastic rock. I turned the rock on its back and slid the bottom open to reveal the extra house key.

I hopped back up the steps and opened the back door and walked inside.

Ever since the day that my dad was killed, I never came back here, and it seemed like no one wanted to come back here either. All the furniture was covered with white clothes to prevent dust to settle on top while the ground was covered with a thick layer of dust.

Tears continued to stream down my face as I walked around the once warm and lively place I used to call home. I looked over the dust covered picture frames on the walls as I walked up to my room.

I slowly opened my room and saw the same scene as I did downstairs, there was just one thing that didn't fit the room at all. My eyebrows raised up in suspicion as I walked over to my desk.

Sitting right on my desk was a small vase with a fresh Lilly of the Valley flower we were looking for. I grabbed the vase to look at the flower, but noticed a small sticky note that was hidden under the vase.

"Here is the favorite flower that always searched for you, son"

My eyes widened as I kept reading it over and over again. My heart began to race as tears now flowed uncontrollably down my face.

"Dad, you're alive?!"