20- Too Late This Time

I stood there as they all looked at me without a mask. I examined all of their faces until I came upon Felix, Hyunjin, and Chan's face. I covered my mouth from shock as I looked at them.

"You..!!" I pointed to Felix and Hyunjin. "You-!" I was completely lost for words and they knew what I wanted to say. "Yes Elise....I'm the guy that you beat up in school." Felix finally spoke up. "And Hyunjin was the one that stopped you."

"B-but! You look completely different from when I saw you in school! Your hair! How you guys acted-!" I was completely shocked for words. Hyunjin and Chan nodded slowly. "It's complicated in school so we dropped out from that day and dyed our hair. Our personalities back in school was just an act." Hyunjin spoke.

I just stood there with my mouth still open from shock as I looked at the three jocks that I knew in school. "You guys?! Are those petty jocks?!" I asked as shock slowly mixed with anger. "And you guys didn't tell in the beginning?!" I questioned but it came out as almost a shout.

"We're sorry Elise....we didn't know if we could trust you." Felix explains. "So! You finding me shot in the arm, unconscious in forest didn't show you that we might be in the same situation?!" I asked. "I'm sorry Elise....I know that I should've told you sooner but it was never the right time." Felix's sighed.

"If you don't want to trust anyone here, you don't have to." Chan softly speaks up as he looked at me. I soon became overwhelmed with different emotions that didn't mix well and tears soon appeared in the corners of my eyes without me even knowing.

"If I don't have to trust anyone here, I don't have to...??!! Then who can I trust?! My parents are dead! I can't see my friends! I'm basically the prime suspect of my parents death to the police after the first time Chan helped me get away!" I laughed but it soon became sobs. "So who can I trust now?! The answer to that is no one!"

Some of them looked at me while some looked down to the ground. "You guys do what you guys need to do to help let Woojin sleep in peace." I sadly sighed as I wiped my tears away and walked into the room where I first stayed in.

"Elise?" Chan's voice came through the door. "We're going to go bury Woojin on top of the mountain." He waited for me to answer but I decided not to reply. "Felix will be out here watching out if anything else happens." Chan replies before his footsteps faded down the hall.

I sat on the bed but the pain in my abdomen was still there and it came again worse every time. I untied part of my hospital gown and unwrapped the blood soaked towel.

"Why won't it stop bleeding?!" I grunted as I took the throw over blanket on the end of the bed and made it my new bandage. "Elise?" Felix's voice echoed into the room. "Are you hungry? You haven't ate for almost two days."

"I'll be there!" I shouted as I kneeled to ground on all four as I gripped my side with my arm. "We'll be waiting outside." Felix finally said as his steps faded down the hallway.

I collapsed onto the ground as the excruciating pain never went away. My head soon became dizzy and it soon became harder to breathe. I couldn't even scream by how painful it was.

My whole body became numb as I let go of my side as I just laid on the cold ground with my wound starting to bleed through the blanket.

The only three words that came to my mind was,

Please save me!!!

"Elise? Are you okay?" Felix knocked on the door. "Felix..." My hoarse voice whispers as I slowly closed my eyes.

Felix Pov
"Elise?!" I knocked on the door again. "Felix!" Changbin walked up to me. "All of you that's hurt should rest up." I nodded as I looked back at the door. "I'll just give her some room to calm down." I said to myself as me and Changbin walked back to the living room.

The guys already brought Woojin into the car and was ready to head out. "Seungmin and Chan is badly injured so they should stay here." I suggested. "You're right." Jisung replied. "Okay! So me, Jeongin, Hyunjin, and Changbin will go bury Woojin while the rest of you guys recover here." Jisung ordered.

Everyone agreed as they set off on their plan. "Be careful!" Hyunjin nodded towards me before he walked out. "Felix..." Chan's weak voice muttered my name. "I'm hungry." He sheepishly smiles. "I bet you are!" I laughed as I walked into the kitchen. "Anything particular you want me to make?" I asked as I looked in the fridge. "It's been awhile since I had steak." Seungmin suggested as his stomach started to growl.

My smile slowly slipped away as I pulled out a pack of steak. "She loves steak." I whispered to myself. "Both of them...."

"Alright!" I snapped out of my daze. "Steak it is!" I pulled out all the ingredients and began preparing. "Chan! Can you go check up on Elise....she might want to talk to you more than me." My voice trailed off at the end.

Chan knew where I was going and nodded as he understood. "I'm going to use the bathroom first before I go check on her." Chan grunted as he struggles to get off the couch. I just nodded as a reply and went back to preparing dinner.

After a few minutes, I started to feel a lump in the bottom of my stomach but just ignored it since I might've just been hungry. I was done preparing and ready to officially start cooking when Chan suddenly shouted. "Felix!!!"

I should've trusted my instincts! Something felt wrong!

I dropped everything that was in my hands and I ran to Elise's room. I pushed Chan from the door way and bolted into the room just to see Elise lying on the floor with blood flowing out of her abdomen and onto the floor.

"Elise?!!!" I slid to her side and removed part of her hospital gown. I untied the blood soaked blanket she tied around her waist just to reveal her infected wound.

"Chan! Hand me the first aid basket in the cabinet and some towels!" Chan shuffled as quickly as he can to gather what he was instructed and quickly brought it back to me.

I quickly placed a towel on her wound and put steady pressure and tried to attempt to stop her bleeding.

"C'mon Elise!!!" I shouted.

"Please be okay!" Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner Elise?!!!"