16- Good Friends

Elise's Pov
I slowly opened my eyes as my ears picked up on a noise beside me. I tilted my head just enough to see a figure digging around in the cabinets. "Elise! You're up!" Chan's voice filled the room as he stood up from the ground. "What were you doing?" I questioned as I grabbed my side in pain. "I was looking for something to clean your wound." He exclaimed. "I'll go get Woojin and Seungmin!" He quickly hurried out of the room. "Who?!" I questioned as I gripped my head from the extreme pain that was now throbbing inside my head.

"Elise!" Two different guys in mask came rushing in. "How are you feeling?" One of the guys asked me. "Confused." I replied as the throbbing settled down. "Who are you two?" I questioned this time. A warm smile both appeared from behind their mask as they looked at me. "We're the doctors who saved you and we're also friends with Felix and the other two boys. My name is Woojin and this is Seumgmin." Woojin pointed over to Seungmin.

I looked at Chan who just gave me an innocent smile. "We have to check your wound to make sure it's not infected." Seungmin exclaimed as he pulled out some rubbing alcohol from the cabinets. "Wait-!" I looked at Woojin then to Chan.

"I know you're doctors and that you saved my life but would it be too much to ask if Chan can help clean my wound? It's not that I don't trust you doctors! It's just....after everything that happened to me, I'm more comfortable with Chan."

The doctors looked at each other then to the puzzled Chan. "But I'm not a doctor!" Chan awkwardly laughed. "That's fine." Woojin replied as he handed the rubbing alcohol to Chan and pushed Seungmin to the door. "Be careful to not throw up on her wound Chan!" Woojin laughed as he closes the door behind them.

"Are you okay with it?" I asked Chan. The anxious Chan looked over with the container of rubbing alcohol in his shaky hands. "I don't think I have a choice anymore." He awkwardly laughed again. He sat down beside the bed and looked through to get some cloths and more bandages. "Can you...please..untie your gown a bit." He gulped. "Are you that nervous?" I laughed. "Heck yeah! What if I kill you by putting too much rubbing alcohol on you?! I already had to change you with a blindfold and now this?!" He sighed heavily in worry. "You did?! Who told you to do that?!" I shouted. "Everyone of course!" He shouted back.

We looked at each other in silence before we both busted out laughing. "And how was that challenge?" I asked him. "Oh my god! You don't want to know!" He moaned in embarrassment. We continued laughing as he got more confidence to continue to treat my wound until he was finally done.

"See....it wasn't too bad." I smiled as I draped the blanket up to my shoulders. "I guess...." He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. The door slowly creaked open to reveal Woojin and Seungmin peeking inside. "Are you done Chan? Is Elise still alive?" Chan just glared at his friend as he stood up. "Yes! She's still alive!" His voice trailed with annoyance towards Woojin. Both Woojin and Seungmin laughed as they walked in.

"Are you feeling better?" Woojin asked me. I nodded with a smile until my stomach growled loudly, which made all the boys laugh. "I'll go make something for us to eat!" Seungmin smiled as he ran out of the room. I looked around the room and waited but the other two boys were no where to be seen. "Chan? Where's Felix and Hyunjin?" I questioned as I looked to the door.

"Ohh....they had to grab something from the cabin!" Chan quickly replied. I glared at Chan as he looked down to the floor. "We've known each other for only a few days but I already feel like you're lying to me." Chan looked back up at me with worry. "Elise...it's not like that-!" He stated but with everything going on....

Who can I trust?

"You're the one I trust the most here Chan. I know that you're trying to look out for me by not telling me the truth...I'm curious, but if I want to survive I should probably stay quiet and trust you, right?" A small smile appeared on his face as he quickly scurried over beside my bed. "I'll always keep you safe! No matter what!" We both ended up smiling at each other.

"Okay! Okay! No lovey dovey couples in this hospital!" Woojin demanded as he dragged Chan farther from me. "Don't worry Woojin! We're only good friends!" I laughed. "Mhmm....good friends?" Woojin cocked an eyebrow. "We are! Aren't we Chan?!" Chan looked at me with a blank stare. "Y-Yeah! We're only good friends!" Woojin still looked at us questionably as we both gave Woojin innocent smiles. "Whatever!" Woojin finally replied.

We suddenly heard a crash in the other room. "What the-?! Woojin-!" We heard Seungmin shout. "Seungmin?! What's wrong?!" Woojin and Chan quickly rushed out the door but people in black clothing and mask flooded into the room, throwing the two guys back inside.

"Make her suffer!" One of the group members commanded. They all pulled out long swords and headed in my direction. "Chan! Left wall! Three feet up one left!" Woojin shouted as he swiftly leaped to the other side and kicked open a secret cabinet in the wall, revealing a sword. Chan quickly rolled to the other wall and instantly knew what Woojin was talking about as he kicked open another cabinet, revealing another sword.

Chan and Woojin quickly defended off the the group as they were both as quick and swift as the others. "Elise! Jump out the window and run! And never look back!" Chan shouted through the chaos as they both kept fighting. I quickly rolled off the bed and gripped my side, still in pain and jumped out the window without looking back.

I ran down the dirt road without stopping, never looking back to the small house. Memories quickly filled my head to the night my parents were murdered. The same adrenaline ran through me as my wound bled through the bandages and soaked my hospital gown.

There were still two runners chasing behind me, determined to kill me. I screamed in pain and fear as I continued running even faster. The only thing I could think about were three words....

Please save me!!!

Tears soon welled up in my eyes as I looked up ahead and saw two blurry figures run towards my direction about a mile away. "Elise!" I shook my head to erase the voices that kept calling name.

"Elise!" My eyes widened in realization as I wasn't hearing things in my head but that I was hearing them in real life. "Felix?!" I squinted more to see two familiar figures still running towards me. "Felix!" I ran even faster towards them.

"Elise! Duck!" Felix shouted as he pulled something from his jacket. "What?!" I continued to run towards them. "Duck down!!" Felix threw something towards me and I knew exactly what is was as my ears perked up to hear the sudden 'whoosh'. I fell forward to the ground as his ninja star flew pass where I was standing and slashed the remaining two runners that fell to the ground dead.

I coughed countless times trying to catch my breath but I soon could only completely collapse to the ground exhausted. "Elise!" Felix slid to my side and picked me up to lean on him. "Elise?! What happened to you?!" I looked up and saw Felix with blood dripping down his head and tears in his eyes. "Felix? What happened to you?" I asked as tears fell from my eyes.