42- Third and Last Wish

Elise's Pov
I opened my eyes to see a bright light in front of me. I shielded my eyes from the bright light that also brought a blanket of warmth to my body. The sound of footsteps appeared and slowly walked towards me.

"Elise." I looked up and saw a dark figure walking towards me from the light. "Who are you?" I questioned as my feet began to walk towards them. As we got closer, his face began to become more clear.

"Felix!"

I ran over and hugged him tightly as he also embraced me. "You're okay!" He hugged me and breathed heavily in the crook of my neck. "Of course I'm okay! Are you okay?" I questioned as I broke our hug for me to examine him.

"Elise...." Felix sadly sighed as he picked up my hands into his. "I need you to be happy too." That was the only thing he said before I started hearing beeping noises and soft chatter. "Felix....what's going on?" I questioned nervously as the sounds started getting louder.

Felix's hands slowly slipped from mine as it seemed like the light was pulling him away from me. "Felix-! No!" I ran towards him, but it felt as if I was only running in place as he got further from me and completely disappeared into the bright light.

****************

I felt tears run down the side of my temples as my eyes slowly opened to reveal myself in a real hospital room. My vision began to focus as I looked around the room and saw the four guys talking to a doctor.

"Elise!" Hyunjin ran over to me first as the other guys quickly followed behind. "You're okay!" Jisung sighed relieved. "How are you feeling Miss Elise?" The doctor questioned as he walked around the boys to stand beside me. "I feel okay....but where's Felix? How long have I been unconscious for?" I now questioned the others as I noticed Felix not standing with the other guys. 

The guys looked at each other with worry and sadness as I mentioned Felix. "You have been unconscious for three days now." The doctor answered my second question. "And Felix?" I asked again. The guys still didn't say anything until Jisung pulled out a cellphone from his pocket and my necklace.

"Here." Jisung handed me the items. "This is Felix's phone. He left a voice message for you." I grabbed the items in my hands and opened up Felix's phone, which automatically took me to a voice recording.

"Elise." Jisung sighed deeply." My third and last wish is for you to be able to move on and live a happy life." Tears rushed down his face as he quickly walks out of the room.

"We'll let you privately listen to it." Seungmin ushered everyone out of the room before I could question. My heart started to beat faster and the pit of my stomach started to flip as I stared at the "play" button on the screen.

What is going to be on this recording? My fingers finally began to move and my thumb hit the play button.

"Hey, Elise." Felix's tired and sad voice rang from the other side of the phone. "When you're listening to this, I will already be gone. When the doctor had announced that your heart was in a fragile state and that you wouldn't be able to make it through the night, my own heart shattered into millions of pieces. The only thing on my mind was to save you, like how I usually would." His soft laughter echoed in the room.

"And I'm glad I could save you again, for the last time...." He paused momentarily and breathed deeply as if he was trying to control his emotions.

Tears were now running uncontrollably down my face as I continued to listen. "Elise....please don't blame yourself for anything that involves me. Everything that happens to me was my choice and my choice only, so don't blame yourself or anyone else. Remember when we first actually interacted with each other? You beat me to a pulp." His laughter sounded through the phone again, which also made a soft laugh escape my lips.

"You had caught my eye way before we actually interacted. If I had to guess, I was interested in you for about a year until you beat me. Then I ended up liking you even more. This small nerdy girl beating up this tall jock because of her homework. She was quite feisty. If I known ripping up your homework was the key to getting your attention, I would've done it a long time ago."

"Before you had fainted in the car on the way to the hospital, you had told me to be safe, healthy, and you told me to be happy. Now I want to relay the same message to you. Elise....stay safe and healthy, but most importantly, stay happy. Whether that's finding someone else to love, starting your own life, or starting a family, I just want you to be happy no matter what. So don't be sad because of me. Don't prevent happiness from coming into your life because of me."

"Elise....continue living for me. My heart that I used to call my own is now yours. So when moments come up that you miss me a little bit more, I'll feel the pain in my heart and I'll silently hug you, and just know that I miss you too. Elise, I'm sorry that I could never tell you this when we were both still standing in front of each other. But....I love you." His voice broke as I heard him cry on the other end and then the recording finally cut off.

His phone dropped into my lap as I cried my eyes out in the room alone. I tightly gripped my necklace and just continued crying. Even when I thought I had no more tears to shed, they still came.