33- The Spy

Elise's Pov
"Elise! Stop!" Felix quickly grabbed the alcohol bottle from my hands before I could do anything else. "Elise! Your decision was a risky move!" Felix breathed heavily as he sat beside me on the bed.

I just stared at him as one or two tears fell from the corners of his eyes. "You could've died!" He shouted at me as more tears ran down his face. "Why are you crying?" I finally speak up.

He quickly wiped his tears as if he didn't even realize he was crying. "I was mad and scared." He sighed. "I was mad because you let our only leverage free and I was scared because she could've killed you or you would've killed yourself by your wound." He finished as he wiped more tears away.

"But I was right about my decision though." I smiled as I sat up and tightly embraced Felix. He was a little surprised by my sudden actions, but then returned my hug as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Why did you let our only leverage go Elise?" Hyunjin speaks up between our hug. "You could've kept her here if you knew we were going to come."

I just shook my head and broke our hug. "I thought about what I was gonna do all day yesterday. If I kept her here and she was one of the members from that mafia group, she would find a way to kill me or threaten you guys with me. Since I left you guys the final letter, she's no use to us anymore. And when we escaped, it was dark and I took her around in circles before we came here."

Felix just looked at me with a smile. "So you're not so dumb after all." He chuckled. I just glared at him as I stood up from the bed. "We better go back and use the last piece to finish the poison so we can finally defeat that mafia leader."

Everyone agreed and jumped back out the window one by one. "There's still a door." I laughed as I pointed out the bedroom door. "It's easier this way." Minho shook his head as he motioned me to go out before him.

A small chuckle slipped my lips as I climbed over and out the window. As I stood up outside the window, my ears suddenly picked up a rustle from nearby and one second later, I heard a 'whoosh' in the air.

"Get down!" I shouted as I dropped to the ground just in time before a small throwing knife flew past my head and hit the side of the house.

Thankfully, all the boys had quick reactions and quickly got down before a few more knifes flew past their heads. "Be carful! These knifes have poison on them!" Hyunjin shouted as he saw the shine on the tips of the knifes.

"Everyone get into the cars!" Felix shouted as all of us quickly reacted and scattered into each car. I quickly got into a car without thinking as all three cars drove away.

I ended up in the car with Changbin driving and Chan beside me in the backseat. "We all need to separate in different directions so they won't be able to find our cabin or catch all of us at once!" Felix's voice rang through Changbin's phone.

"Me, Seungmin, and Jisung will go around in circles before going back to the cabin to find and put the last few ingredients in the poison. The rest of you guys go separate ways until nightfall and then come back to the cabin when you guys feel that it's safe. Stay safe, especially you Elise!" Felix's voice trails off as his phone cuts off.

"Where are we going to go?" I asked Changbin nervously. "Somewhere that's not here! I'm thinking about going into town so there's more people and traffic to loose anyone who's following us."

Changbin drove as fast as he could through the forest and managed to get out onto a main road and was heading towards town. "Are you alright Elise?" Chan asked worriedly as he examined me for any injures.

"I'm fine, just a little nervous." A tight smile appears on my face as I continued to worry about the other boys. "Please be okay everyone!" I whispered to myself as I looked out the window to the town.

"Is it possible to meet with people that I want to see?" I asked as I looked to the front. "Who do you have in mind?" Changbin questions. "Maybe my friends....and find out what had happened to my parents." I sadly reply as different scenarios ran through my head about what could've happened to my parents after I left.

"You have a possibility to put them and you in danger if you visit them." Changbin expresses worriedly as he kept his eyes on the road. "Even for just a few minutes?" I asked. Changbin just nodded.

"Okay....let's just continue to drive around then." I sighed sadly as I laid my head back to look outside the window once again.

"I'm sorry Elise." Chan pats my shoulder. "You will be able to see your friends again one day." He tries to comfort me, but tears just ran down my face as the sad reality hit me that I might never see them again or find out what happened to my parents.

For the whole day, we drove around and ate fast food whenever we started to get hungry. All of us were wishing that nightfall would just come.

~~~~

The sun slowly settled behind the mountain as the moon and stars soon came into view in the night sky. "Let's take one last rest stop before we head back." Changbin encourages as he slowly pulls into a rest area.

"Do you guys need to go use the restroom?" Both me and Chan just shook our heads. "Be careful! Come back quickly!" I told him nervously as I had a bad feeling in my stomach. He just nodded as he quickly ran off.

Chan was on his phone while I was looking at our surroundings and looking out for Changbin to return.

After a few minutes, Changbin still hadn't returned and it was making both me and Chan uneasy. "Should we go check on him?" I asked Chan nervously. "I think we should!" Chan quickly steps out of the car first. I quickly followed and stepped out of the car as well.

Both of us were walking right beside each other until Chan's phone went off, making both our souls leave our bodies for a few seconds.

"Hello?" Chan whispers in the phone as he stops walking. "Mhm....okay. I understand." He finishes as he hangs up. "Who was that? Felix?" I asked curiously.

"No....just my boss." Chan sighs. "Boss?" I questioned dumbfounded. Chan was looking down at his phone until he suddenly looked up at me.

"Yes....he's needing me to come in with you two." I took a few steps back as Chan's demeanor changed. "What do you me-?" An evil smirk appears on his face as he quickly knocks me out.

****************
Merry Christmas everyone!!! A present from me to you! :)))