44- A New Life

After what had happened, people thought I could never get back to my old life, and they were right. I will never get my old life back, but that doesn't mean I couldn't create a new one.

Thankfully, my best friend and her family had accepted me into their home and I had enough support to fix everything that I had left behind.

The first thing I did was find out where my parents were. My best friend had informed me that my aunt from out of town was the one who helped prepare a proper funeral and burial for both my parents. The next day after I found out, my best friend took me to their tombstone where I said my proper goodbye and whatever else was on my heart that I needed to say.

My next step to starting my new life was to go to the police station to settle all the misunderstandings. Even though it wasn't a quick process, I was found innocent with all the evidence they had found.

Once my aunt found out that I was alive, she had immediately came over and taken me in. She wanted me to leave and go live with her for the time being. Even though it pained me that I was leaving behind my best friend and the good and bad memories, I knew I needed to go. To start my new life, I have to close this door in order for another one to open.

So without any questions, I said goodbye to my best friend, the good and bad memories, and left them all behind.

~~~~

15 years later~

"Swing mommy!" I looked down to my five year old son as he dragged my arm towards the swing set. "Okay, go ahead!" I let go of his tiny hand and he eagerly ran to the swing set and plopped himself on one of the swings.

"Where are we mommy?" He asked curiously as I reach him. "This is the town where mommy grew up." I smiled as he swung his legs in attempts to start moving the swing. "Let mommy help you." I walked behind him and gave him a little nudge before he kicked his legs and started swinging.

"Higher! Higher!" He shouted with glee as he swung even higher. "Be careful there bud!" I laughed as I stood in front of the swing set and watched him swing his heart out.

After I moved away with my aunt, I wanted to head back to school to get my education. After I had accomplished that goal, I went into the medical work field where I had met my husband.

I was still traumatized, afraid, and ultimately unsure if I was ready to hold a relationship with someone, but my husband showed me that I could and that I was ready. After three years of dating, he asked the question and of course I said yes. One year later, our son was born and the rest is history.

Yes, it was very hard to live life after what I had experienced. In the beginning, I hesitated a lot about living a new life and forgetting my past, but I came to the conclusion that it was for the better.

Yes, Felix never left my mind and my feelings for him were always the same. I hesitated when I met my husband, but I thought back to what Felix had said on that recording. I knew he would want me to be happy, so that was the only reason I accepted another guy into my life.

The other guys had never contacted me since the day they left. I felt burdened that I couldn't do anything for them after what I had done to them. I had no information of where they were, all I knew was that they were driving. Driving until they couldn't anymore.

"Mommy?" My son tugged on my arm that awoke me from my thoughts. "Yes honey?" I smiled as I took him by the hand. "I'm hungry. I want to go eat with you and daddy." He cutely patted his tummy with his other hand. "Alright, let's go!" I chuckled as we headed out of the park.

My feet suddenly stopped as my ears had perked up to a sound coming from around us. It hasn't perked up like this since 15 years ago. I listened closely as I continued listening to this familiar 'whoosh' flying in the air.

My eyes widened in sudden realization. My instincts kicked in and I quickly ducked me and my son down to the ground right before a ninja star flew past our heads and pierced into the metal poll of the swing set.

"Mommy?! What happened?!" Tears welled up in his frightened eyes. "It's okay honey! Stay close to mommy!" I had him cling onto my leg as we quickly made our way to the weapon pierced into the metal poll.

There was a little note taped to the black weapon that had my name written on top. I looked around at my surroundings with the large trees of the forest. My eyes scanned closely at every detail to find any sudden movements, but there were none.

I grabbed the note that was taped on top of the ninja star and read the context written inside.

I see you have your own family now.
Thank you for returning to happiness.
You will always and forever be in my heart.
Take care and goodbye once again.

Tears rushed down my face as I finished reading and a little bell shaped flower fell from the letter.

The Lily of the Valley.

"Felix..?!" I scanned around frantically. "Felix?!!" I shouted as tears endlessly ran down my cheeks. "Felix!!! I know you're out there! Let me see you! Let me talk to you!" I cried out loudly as I continued to scan around, but there was nothing there. No one came out.

"Felix....you're still alive?"

****************
Yes, the final chapter is coming up to finally finish this book! I've enjoyed writing this book and have loved reading all the comments you guys make/made. I read every single one of them and they never fail to make me smile and laugh. They continue to give me motivation to keep writing.

I hope you guys will somewhat "enjoy" the last chapter ;)