43- Return To Happiness

After my body had fully recovered, the hospital discharged me to go home. The five guys were there every step of the way, which I appreciated, but it also pained me to look at them.

I felt sadness and guilt every time I looked upon their tired and sad eyes, knowing they lost a best friend because of his sacrifice for me. But at least the rest of the guys had found out about who Chan really was.

Jisung had informed me that on the day of the battle when they had gone to check on the group in the secret passageway, everyone was knocked out and Chan had disappeared.

The guys soon picked up the pieces and interrogated one of the injured members and found out that Chan was actually the son of the leader who was in charge of the Devil's Dark Knights.

So the boys that are still here not only lost their best friends, but they were also betrayed and played by who they thought was their friend.

~~~~

On the way back to the cabin in the woods, sadness seemed to take over everyone's spirits. Silence was the only one who talked the whole ride back.

After what seemed like forever, we finally slowed down to the small cabin. "Would you like to clean out Felix's room?" Seungmin questioned as he walked beside me into the vacant home.

"Sure...." I gave him a small smile before I walked directly to Felix's room. Before I could even walk in, my feet automatically stopped in front of his door.

Guilt and sadness rushed over me as I laid my hand on to doorknob. This feeling was so overwhelming that I just wanted to run away from his room. Run away from this house. Run away from all of this.

My hand finally began to turn and I opened the door. Everything looked just how it was before except for a bouquet of flowers stuck in a vase on top of Felix's nightstand.

A dainty white ribbon was tied around the head of the vase into a bow. And right beside the vase, there was a small sticky note with some writing on it.

I walked over sluggishly as I examined the flowers and picked up the sticky note to read.

Elise....these flowers are called Lily of the Valley. They have a special meaning behind them, and they also hold an important message I want to tell you.
"Return to Happiness"
Please....

Tears ran down my cheeks as I re-read the note. "Stupid!" I slammed the note onto the table and dropped to the ground crying endlessly.

The boys ended up walking in to check on me, but knew that I just needed time to myself and left me be.

After I had settled down a bit, I began to clean out Felix's room. I ended up starting in his closet, which was a bad idea because once I had a hold of Felix's clothing, tears had started to run down again as his scent still remained on every item.

Through the continuous tears, I managed to fold and pack all his clothes hanging in the closet. After I had closed the box of clothes, my feet ended up back in the closet to grab different things off the shelves.

I grabbed all the boxes down first and stacked them up again the wall outside of the closet. As I reached up to grab anything I left behind, my hand felt a small, but really heavy box.

I dragged the little box down and plopped it on the floor in front of me to examined it. I carefully lifted up the lid to reveal tons of scattered photos, and at the very top was little Felix and his parents in a family portrait.