34- The Chosen One

-The day of Elise's parents murder-

Chan sat in his desk as he watched his friend get beat up by his next victim. He didn't feel any sympathy for any of them. It was all an act that he had played for years to gain their trust.

That night, Chan and a few members from the Devil's Dark Knights had entered Elise's house after sending her an anonymous text message from earlier that day. "We'll go check her room first. You two go to her parents room." Chan instructed as all five of them stealthily walk up the stairs to the rooms.

Chan cracked open the door into the dark room and quietly walked inside. He slowly pulled out a long dagger from his pocket as he saw a figure laying in the bed.

He heard the parents scream and the guns going off. That was when he lunged to the bed and stabbed repeatedly until he lifted the blanket to reveal only torn pillows.

"She's not here!" Chan shouted to the others. "We're locked out!" One of his team members tried to get into the room. "Move out of the way!" Chan ran into the door multiple times until he finally knocked the door open to reveal Elise climbing out the window.

They all ran to the window and saw her dark image disappear into the forest. "What are we going to tell boss?" His teammate asked worriedly. "Don't worry. She's injured." Chan smiled as he saw the blood on the windowsill. "It might also give me an advantage if she meets the StrayKids." The same smirk was still plastered on his face under his mask.

"Let's go tell boss what happened. I need to get back to the StrayKids as fast as I can before they suspect anything." Chan and the rest of his teammates walked out of the house and disappeared into the forest just in time before the cops swarmed the house.

-Chan's plan-

After meeting Elise and having her more comfortable with him, he started to take action as to what the boss had instructed.

Since one of their members were held captive, they needed a plan to get her out, but also take out the StrayKids one by one. That is where Elise had played a part in the action.

He first gained Elise's trust by putting her in danger and then saving her. When they first met, Chan was the one who made the trap under the tree branch to have her stranded, but his plan went even better than expected with the wolves.

After gaining her trust, he went in with the special weapon he used to make Elise suffer for his enjoyment. When she was injured by the mysterious girl that he had planned ahead of time, he used his chances to clean Elise's wound with as much alcohol as he could. From the first time he changed her to the other times, he used large amounts of rubbing alcohol to clean her wound.

Of course, to still keep her alive from the infectious poison, he would inject a small amount of the antidote into Elise's food. And thankfully, he was put mainly in charge of giving her food a few times beforehand.

Every attack that happened to any of the members, it was Chan's doing. From the attack at Seungmin and Woojin's house (which he was the one who killed Woojin after Elise had escaped), to having his other teammates plant the bomb in the road for Felix and Hyunjin.

He was also the one who lead Elise to Scarlet. Every StrayKid's member has a key to the basement. That night Elise had discovered the basement, Chan was on watch outside the house and was watching Elise with an evil smirk as she found the unlocked doors in the ground.

Every member also has the keys to the locked door that Scarlet was held captive, so Chan had placed his key deliberately under the last step for Elise to find and help do his dirty work of getting Scarlet out. The only thing he had to do was delete the videotape from when Elise had gone into the room so the other members wouldn't find out immediately about Elise finding the secret basement.

Now the only thing that was left for him to do was separate the StrayKids, and thanks to Elise, he had finally accomplished his mission.

Elise's Pov
My eyes slowly fluttered open as extreme pain went through my neck to my head. The last thing I could remember was Chan smirking at me before blacking out.

I looked around in the dark room as I'm chained up by my arms and my feet barely touching the ground. The only source of light was the little lightbulb that hung over me.

"Hello?! Anyone there?!" I shouted as I struggled with the chains cutting my wrist above my head. A loud creak suddenly emerged from the darkness and in walked a shadow that was slowly walking towards the light. "Well look who's finally awake." Chan's voice echoed in my ears as he walked into the light.

"What are you doing Chan?!" I questioned angrily as he watched me struggle. "I told you that my boss needed me to bring you guys in." He smirked as he walked around me. "It's such a shame I couldn't make you mine. There's a rule here where you're not allowed to love anyone." He chuckled as he stops in front of me.

"I would've never chosen you anyways!" I spat in his face. He just laughs as he wipes his face and suddenly grips my face and brings it closer to his. "Oh...is that true? The only one who accepted you and didn't hurt you in the beginning. The one who you trusted with your life and you still wouldn't choose me?" He laughs loudly as he harshly pushes my face away.

"Let me guess....you would've chosen Felix, wouldn't you?" He continues to laugh as my expression changes. "I'm not here to ask you who you would've chosen. I'm here to tell you what to do when the rest of the StrayKids arrive." His evil smile appeared on his face.

"If you want Felix and the rest of the boys to survive, you have to do exactly as I say." His evil smile grew even wider. "All you have to do is pretend that I'm still one of you guys and that I'm also a victim in this situation. There should not be any words about me or what had happened after we separated, understood?"

I bite my tongue hard until I tasted my own blood. My hands turned into fist above my head as I forcefully nodded and glared at him with more anger than I could ever imagine. "They will take you down Chan!" I growled as he continued to smile at me.

"Then I should take them down before they have a chance. I'll start by taking down Felix first, your chosen one." His hideous evil smile shined at me before he turned around and walked out the room.