5- Close to Escaping

I silently sat in bed all night as I thought about my new life that's waiting for me. I thought about my family and friends that I might never see again. But I can't give up this easily! I wiped my pitiful tears away and stood up in determination.

I need to go and find those people who murdered my parents! I quietly walked to the door and slowly cracked it open just small enough for me to look out.

It was still pretty dark but as my eyes adjusted, I could make out where everything was. And the ninja doctor wasn't anywhere to be seen either! I smiled to myself as I slowly opened the door and tiptoed out.

I quietly walked into the living room and found the front door.

Yes! This is my chance!

I looked at the wall clock that read 3:00 a.m. I just quietly chuckled as I made my way to the door.

He said to never leave at night, but he never said to leave early in the morning!

As I crossed the living room, I was almost there! Just a few steps away from turning the knob and leaving this place! I took one more step on the front mat in front of the door when it suddenly sunk down and I heard a small click.

Crap! Crap! Crappppp!

My ears suddenly perked up as I heard a 'whoosh'. I quickly dived to the side just in time before ten ninja stars hit the door. I sighed relieved as I was still alive....but not for long!

The light suddenly turns on and there, leaning on the living room wall was the ninja doctor! "Tsk..tsk..tsk..When will you learn?" He scolded. I just sighed once more as I scooted against the wall. "What's up with you and ninja stars?!" I asked as I pointed to the door full of ninja stars.

"Just go back to bed! If you try to leave again, I'll be the one to throw ninja stars directly at you. Trust me, I never miss a target." He warned before turning back to his room, but I didn't move. I just sat there looking off into space.

Why is he still wearing a mask? What's his true identity? Am I ever going to leave this place? Am I ever going to live a normal life again?! There were so many questions I asked myself but could never get an answer for.

I hugged my knees close to my chest and rested my head on top. I was soon overwhelmed with emotions and became a crying mess. "Mom....dad....I promise that...I'll get revenge for you!! No one is going to stop me! I'll find those murders and kill them with my own hands! It's just....that I'm stuck here! Why does life have to be so unfair?!!" I cried out. "I'm....so sorry."

I cried as I finally gave up being strong. I tried to stop but I couldn't. When I tried, my chest would start to hurt as I had too much pain and fear that was held inside. So I just kept crying, not caring if the ninja doctor came out or not.

"Here." His voice suddenly broke through my crying. I looked up at him as he extended a tissue towards me. "You've been crying for awhile, 20 minutes straight to be specific." He said as he looked at the clock. "It's bad for your health if you keep doing this, and it's bad for your eyes too. They're bloodshot red like you drank ten cases of beer and haven't slept for three days." He chuckled. I just sighed and took the tissue he offered. "Thanks..." I said between sniffles.

I got up and headed back to the bedroom when a huge impact of pain slammed me in the head. I grabbed my head as the pain started to increase. I tumbled backwards towards the floor and the last thing I remember was not hitting the floor before everything became dark.

~~~~

I slowly opened my eyes to see me back in bed where I was when I first arrived here. I grunted as I shielded my eyes from the sunlight that peered through the window. "It hurts..." I softly wined as I placed my whole hand on top of my eyes.

The curtains suddenly pulled shut, making the room darker. "Is that better?" He asked as I heard him walk towards me. "Kind of...but my eyes still hurt." I said as I removed my hand, but still kept my eyes closed. "This should help." Before I could open my eyes to see what he meant, he laid a cool towel over my eyes. "How's that?" He asked me as he fixed more of the towel over my eyes.

"Why are you doing this?" I abruptly asked. He didn't say anything but I heard him huff a little sigh. "It's because I lost my parents to murders too...." He quietly answered.

I quickly took off the towel and sat up to look at him. "Wait a minute! I'm somehow or someway can our parent's murders be....related?!" I asked as I gripped the blanket. "There's a possibility." He replied. "Then why did they kill your parents and my parents?! Are they trying to kill us too?!" My eyes widened in fear.

He just shrugged. "I'm not sure about that either but trust me! When I find them, I'm going to kill them with my own hands." He snarled from under his mask.

"Is that the reason why you wear a mask?" I questioned curiously. He was taken back by my question but in the end he shook his head. "No, it's because of something else." He replied as he began to walk towards the door.

"What's the reason for you to wear the mask then?" I questioned again. "You don't need to know about it." He said as he left the room, leaving me with another question that needs an answer.