30- The Reason Why

"No....I'll just let you finish up." A tight smile crossed my face as I sat down at the small kitchen table. At this point, all the boys that were on the couch had woken up to the aroma that left the kitchen.

"Good morning!" Chan smiled widely as he stretched his arms up into the air. "What time is it?" Jeongin sleepily rubs his eye as he squints to read the clock on the wall. Hyunjin was the last one to sit up with his mangled bed hair.

"Breakfast?" Seungmin sluggishly walks out of Felix's room rubbing his tired eyes. "Not yet. Someone decided to not help me anymore." Felix sighs as I felt his eyes directed at me.

"I'll help after I use the bathroom!" Chan quickly walks to the bathroom before coming back to the kitchen and helped Felix prepare breakfast for everyone. "Should we continue our game?" Jisung smiles as he sits in front of me with the deck of cards still laying on the table.

"I don't have anything to pay you except the three wishes." A soft laugh escapes as I turn to face away from him to decline his offer. "Just for fun this time!" Jisung begged as he starts to shuffle the cards. "Alright...." I turn back around as he hands me some cards and we continued playing just for fun this time.

Felix's Pov
As I continued making breakfast, I couldn't help but glance at Elise a few times. "What was going through your head earlier Felix?" I asked myself as I cringed at my actions with Elise. "Maybe I have slept for way too long?" I shook my head as I sighed to myself.

Before too long, me and Chan had breakfast on the table for everyone to enjoy. "Thank you for the food!" Minho thanked us as he dug in first. "Thank you for the food!" Everyone else followed behind as they all dug in.

Chan grabbed an empty chair beside Minho as I grabbed the last chair beside Jisung that was also placed in front of Elise. "Are you okay?" I spoke up as I noticed herself picking at her food.

"Yeah!" She jumped up as she started to eat. "It's good!" She smiled as she continued to stuff food in her mouth. "I know it's not steak, but we can have some later." I reassured her as I started to eat my food. Elise just put on a tight smile as she continued to eat.

"Yo Felix! How are you? We haven't seen you in two days." Hyunjin asked through a mouth full of food. I just nodded as a quick reply. "I'm good! Never felt better." I finally answered as I swallowed my food.

"Have all of you guys been on watch during the time I was unconscious?" I asked as I looked at their drained faces. Without a word, they all just nodded. "We were looking out for you and for her." Changbin's eyes glared at Elise.

"I never said for you guys to watch over me." Elise sneered back at Changbin. "Well....thank you guys for watching out for both of us." I smiled as I turned to face towards Elise. She was picking at her food again.

"Elise? Is something wrong? What happened when I wasn't here?" I spoke up as I felt a knot in my stomach. "Nothing....I'm just thinking." Elise answered without looking up at me.

"No Elise! Somethings up, my instincts have never failed me!" I spoke with a louder tone for her to look up at me. "Can I not just think to myself?!" Elise spoke with the same volume as me, maybe even a little louder.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom." Minho clears his throat as he gets up and heads to the bathroom. "I left some equipment in Elise's room." Seungmin then gets up and leaves the table.

"You are acting quit weird this morning." Chan spoke up as he stopped eating to look at Elise. "You seem more cautious." Jisung examines Elise's behavior. "Did you find your parents letter?" Jeongin goes on to ask a question.

Elise just shook her head and stood up. "Many thoughts have just flooded my mind recently!" Elise cried out as she suddenly grabbed her abdomen. "Elise? Are you okay?!" I walk around the table and helped her stabilize her balance, but I just end up getting rejected. "I'm fine!" She shook off my arm as she walked to the bathroom.

"Guys!!" Minho and Seungmin runs back into the kitchen with blacken bandages and Elise's old hospital gown. "What happened Elise?!" Seungmin asked as he shoved the poisoned blood covering to her.

"Is your wound acting up again?!" Seungmin questions as Elise stares at the black bandages and gown. "Yes!" She shouts in pain as she collapses to the ground.

"Elise!!" I ran over to her with everyone quickly following behind. "Elise?! Again?!" I asked frustrated, but also in panic. "I don't know what happened!" Elise groaned as she grabbed her leaking wound.

"Help take her into the room while I bring the supplies over to her room!" Seungmin instructs as he runs off. I did as I was told and quickly lifts Elise up and runs to her room.

I gently laid her down on her bed as she continues to groan loudly in pain. "Step aside!" Seungmin rushes in. "The only thing I can do is to try and stop the bleeding." Seungmin sighs as he puts a towel on Elise's abdomen.

"Wait! My blood! It helped her before, so it should help again!" I looked through Seungmin's supplies for a needle and liter bag. "No Felix!!" Seungmin shouts. "Someone come help me put pressure on Elise's wound!" Seungmin instructs loudly. Chan was the first to step up and take Seungmin's place.

"You can't give blood! Your body is weak and you just gave a whole liter of blood just a few days ago! You're only supposed to give blood once every three months or so, NOT once every three days! It is very dangerous for your body because it hasn't made you new blood cells yet!" Seungmin raises his voice.

"I don't care! Just save Elise!" I raise my voice at Seungmin as panic started to rise in me. "Well I don't care either! I can't put my friend in danger!" Seungmin argues back.

"Seungmin! Take my blood and give it to Elise!" I shouted. Elise continues to groan loudly as the pain in her wound starts to get worse. Seungmin looked at me with frustration as he scrambles in his bag and pulls out a needle and liter bag.

"Only half! I'm only letting you give half a bag!" Seungmin plops me down on a stool and quickly draws my blood.

Once Seungmin drew my blood, my head started to get dizzy and everything around me started to become blurred. "That's it!" Seungmin pulls out the needle from my arm and shoved a candy bar in my hands before doing another blood transfusion for Elise.

Through my blurred vision, I could see Elise breath out in relief as the pain settled down. "Was there anything that happened this time for your wound to act up again?" Seungmin questioned Elise.

She thought hard on what could've happened, but didn't seem to remember anything unusual. "Wait!!" She suddenly shouts as she slowly lifts herself up.

"The rubbing alcohol!"

****************
Hello my fellow readers! I know that a lot of you guys anticipate the next chapters to come out as quickly as possible, but life is just not that simple for me to sit down and write for hours like how I used to do.

I take awhile to update my stories not only because of my personal life, but I don't want to publish just anything. Even when I work on homework, I get sidetracked from it by thinking how my stories are going to be written out and what the next update should be about. I take time to think of the little details of how I'm going to portray each character and how the storyline will play out. When I do update, I want to update you guys with a good/semi-good chapter lol.

I'm sorry if I do take awhile to update you guys! Thank you for being so patient on my updates and I hope you guys understand that I have a personal life to live too! :)))

~ Your Author Nim💛