11- Lovable Idiots

My mind became fuzzy as the car sank deeper. Is this how I'm really going to die? With the sense I had left, only three words came to my mind.

Please save me!!!

Even in the water, my ears perked up as I heard a muffled 'whoosh' in the water. Then there was sudden crash and small fragments of glass floated past me. I squirmed as pieces of glass cut the side of my face.

Through my fuzzy mind I felt a tug on my seatbelt until I felt myself float forward as I was cut free. I opened my eyes and saw a familiar figure as they wrapped their arms around me and swam out of the car towards the surface. Before the car sank any lower, he reached his hand out and grabbed something off the car that broke the window. It was small and looked like a star. Just like a ninja star.

~~~~

"She'll be okay right?!"
"She'll be just fine Chan."
I slowly opened my eyes to see a familiar room and some familiar faces. The trio was standing beside me as they kept talking.

"Why did you even try to jump over the bridge?!" Hyunjin hissed. "I was trying to get Elise away from the police so there wouldn't be any more problems for her!" Chan shouted. "You did most of the right things." Felix said calmly. "Can you guys quiet down! I'm trying to recover!" I yawned.

"Elise?! Are you okay?!" Chan cried as he kneeled beside the bed. I chuckled at Chan and wiped his tears away. "I'm fine." He sighed in relief and fell back onto his back. "What a relief!" I just shook my head and looked up at the other two.

"How did I get here?" I asked. Hyunjin looked at Felix then to Chan. "Well.....when Chan didn't make the jump, he pushed down the emergency location lever that lead us to your location. But once we got there, Chan was at the surface without you." He crossed his arms as he kicked Chan. "I really didn't mean to! I was going up to get help!" He wined. Hyunjin just shook his head as he continued. "Anyways! Before I could think of a plan to help you, Felix jumped off the bridge into the harbor." A smirked crossed his mask as he looked at Felix. His mask was covering most of his face but you could see Felix's pink ears.

"You saved me again?" I questioned. He rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. "I can't let you die without you getting your revenge." He calmly replied. A small smile crossed my face as I looked in the other direction from the three guys.

"Get out!" I shouted. "I want to recover in peace!" They all looked at each other in surprise but didn't say a word as they walked out of the room. Once they closed the door, I pulled the blankets over my head as a small laugh slipped from my mouth. "I like those idiots!"

****************

I slowly opened my eyes to see myself laying on my bed. "Elise! Come down for breakfast!" My mom's voice echoed through the house. I quickly jumped out of my bed and ran down the stairs. As I turned the corner, my eyes filled with tears as I saw the morning of my parents death. It was like that whole day started over again. It first started with my mom making pancakes and my dad drinking his coffee. And this scene in front of me looked just like that.

"Hey! I made your favorite! Pancakes!" My mom brightly smiled at me. Tears streamed down my face as I slowly made my way towards her but someone beat me to her. A girl walked right through me, and that girl was me. Which means I'm not really there at all.

My mom's face suddenly turned and she looked at me with concern. "Why are you crying?!" She asked as she came over and hugged me. I just tightly embraced her, "I just had a nightmare." I sniffed. My dad got up and walked over to me. "Hey kiddo! You never cry! Was that nightmare really that scary?" He laughed. A smile automatically popped onto my face as I looked up at my dads goofy smile. "Okay! Hurry up! You're gonna be late for class if you don't eat your pancakes now!" My mom laughed as she checked her watch. "I'll eat them for you!" My dad said as he ran over to the plate full of pancakes. "Don't you dare!" I laughed as I chased after him. I sadly looked at my life before, it seemed so perfect with only the three of us. "I miss you mom and dad!" I whispered as tears continue streaming down my face.

As they all had pancakes and laughs, my mom ran upstairs and quickly brought down a small box. "Here! This is your late birthday present. I found it earlier this morning." She smiled as she brushed my hair out with her fingers. I smiled and quickly unwrapped the small box and lifted the lid. My mouth opened in awe as the box revealed a beautiful necklace. "It's beautiful!" I gasped as I lifted it out of the box. My dad grabbed his jacket and picked up my bag. "I'll wait for you in the car Honey." He smiled as he walked out of the kitchen. "I love you mom!" I said as I kissed her on the cheek. "I love you more!" She laughed as she pushed me towards the door.

More tears escaped my eyes as I watched myself run out the door. I looked back at my mom who just sighed as she started cleaning up. No words can express how much I missed her and my dad. I wiped away my tears and caught a glimpse of the necklace on the kitchen counter.

"Dang it Elise! Why do you have to be so stupid?!" I scolded myself. My mom turned around and also saw my necklace. She picked it up and walked upstairs. I quickly followed and found her in my bedroom looking around for my jewelry box. She finally found it on my desk hidden under all my scattered notes and attempted art pieces. She laid the necklace inside my jewelry box then headed back down the stairs to finish cleaning.

I sat down on my bed sadly, wanting this dream to end. "Elise?!" I heard my mom cry out. My head shot up and I bolted down the stairs. Before I could reach the bottom, I tripped over my own foot and was heading straight for the floor. I closed my eyes, ready to feel the impact but once I opened my eyes, I see the familiar masked Felix hovering over me. "Elise....?! Are you okay?!"