7- Don't You Have Any Manners

As I laid in bed throughout the night, my mind kept wondering about his fresh cut on his lip and his bruised nose. "That cut must have happened recently if it looked that fresh?" I whispered in thought. As I turned to the wall to try to fall asleep, I heard voices outside.

I couldn't figure out what they were saying but they were definitely angry. "We almost got them!" I suddenly heard a voice shout in anger. "They were this close for me to snap them in half!" He quietly shouted again. "Be quieter! That girl is sleeping." The ninja doctor suddenly spoke up. "Pish! I don't even know why you saved her life! She's useless to us! Why keep her?" Another voice broke in.

"She might hold some clues we need." The ninja doctor told them. "But you have to remember. If she doesn't have any clues, you need to kill her for your own safety." One said to him sternly.

"Of course. I'll kill her myself! But we need to wait until we can get some clues." He said sternly.

My eyes widened in fear. With no hesitation, I threw off the blanket and quickly made my way to the back window. I quietly unlatched the window and opened it to meet a gust of wind that filled the room and made a cold chill run down my back.

I quickly shook off the cold feeling and unlatched the netted screen. As I grabbed the flashlight out of my drawer, I looked back at my bedroom door one last time.

No matter what I heard, I still think you're a caring person. But I can't trust as of now! I'm sorry....

I turned back to the window and jumped out without looking down first. As my feet landed on the ground, the sudden crunch of leaf and twigs filled the silent night. I froze in fear as I stood as still as possible.

It didn't seem like anyone noticed since they didn't checkout what made the noise so I quickly made my way into the night and deeper into the forest.

~~~~

I ran as fast as I could into the forest. Fear and exhaustion was running through me, but I just kept running, running away from my death. I can't die yet! I need to kill the murders who killed my parents! Then I can die in peace with no regrets.

As I snapped twigs and crushed leaf's with my panicked running, my ears suddenly filled with wolf's howling. My lungs started to burn and I could feel my air running out each step I took, but my feet wouldn't stop running.

I ran until I came across fallen trees that blocked my path. As I caught some of my breath, I suddenly felt a presence behind me and I knew exactly what it was.

I didn't turn around, I stayed still as a tree. And without a second to spare, I jumped up onto the fallen trees and desperately climbed up to safety.

The wolf's darted towards the tree and started to howl and growl as they tried to get their dinner that was now on top of fallen trees. But they soon figured out how to get to their food from the bottom of the slanted trees.

I slowly backed up the trees as some of the wolf's slowly made their way up towards me with their sharp teeth shining at me. The rest of the pack were under me, ready to rip me into pieces if I made an accidental move and fell into their jaws. They were hungry and took desperate measures to survive.

They were getting closer as there was no more tree for me to go backwards, I was stuck! I started to panic and thought about jumping to another tree. Like the wolf's, I need to take desperate measures to survive! But I'm not as brave as they were!

I turned around just to see them a few feet away. I closed my eyes as tears appeared in the corner of my eyes. I couldn't think of anything else but three words.

Please save me!!!

My ears suddenly perked up to a sudden 'whoosh' that I knew. I sighed and almost cried out in relief as I ducked down just in time before a ninja star flew over my head and towards the wolf's.

The ninja star darted towards the wolf's and managed to cut the sides of their arms. They all yelped and tumbled towards the ground. They quickly limped away as the other that were on the ground ran off into the woods.

I slowly stood up as someone suddenly appeared in front of me. "Oh my-" I stepped back but forgot there was no more tree for me to step on. I screamed out as I tumbled back and headed for the ground.

I closed my eyes as I was ready to feel the impact of the ground but suddenly found myself in someone's arms.

I slowly opened my eyes to see me in someone's arms that I remembered. We both looked into each other's eyes as he still held me in his arms. His eyes had stern and almost angry glint in them, but past the anger, I could also see some concern.

"See what happens when you break your promise?" He says sternly before he drops me onto the ground without any manners of just setting me down lightly!

I shouted as I rubbed my bottom from landing on the ground. Actually, being DROPPED on the ground! "Don't you have any manners?!" I asked him sternly as I got up and dusted the dirt off my clothing.

"I saved you, didn't I?" He said as he crossed his arms. "And who doesn't have manners here? You broke the promise of never leaving the house in the evening!" He remarked. I sighed in frustration as we both glared at each other.

"You can't just drop girls on the ground like that!" I shouted. But he still had his arms crossed and ignored my comment. I was about to argue another situation when I suddenly heard something drop onto the ground behind me.

"Ahhhhhh!!!!"

I quickly ran and hid behind the ninja doctor. "Geez....you guys argue so much! I can't handle this!" A guys voice said annoyingly. "Are you guys always like this?!" Another voice broke in.

I peeked around and saw two guys in masks standing where I was with their arms crossed. The ninja doctor just sighed as he pulled me from behind and made me stand beside him. "These are my friends." He said as he lets go of my arm. "Introduce yourself. Don't you have any manners?" He questioned between gritted teeth.