3- Mysterious Helper

"So you been hiding here!"

The black mask killer smirked under his mask. He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me out. I quickly grabbed the knife and as soon as I was out from under the bed, I swung at the murderer with my knife and managed to cut him on the side of his face.

He screamed out and fell back, hitting the ground. I ran towards the window as I heard his friends run towards the room. Before jumping out, I quickly ran over and locked the door then pushed a chair under the knob.

I quickly darted back towards the window but my feet suddenly stopped running and turned myself around.

My eyes welled up with tears as I saw my parents laying on the bed motionless, with bullet holes in each chest.

The loud banging at the door brought me back to my senses as the rest were determined to get in. I quickly turned to the window and was about to jump out when I heard a gunshot fire and felt the bullet hit me in the left arm.

I shouted as the pain went through my arm. I looked over at the guy who I cut on the side of his face. I could tell he was just smirking under his mask as he still had the gun pointed at me.

"Jump out that window....and yo-"

Before he could say another word, he fell back to the ground. I sighed relieved as I made my move and climbed out of the window onto their ladder and quickly climbed down.

As I reached the bottom, I pushed the ladder to the side preventing them to get down. I grabbed my arm as it was still continuously bleeding. Then I ran as fast as I could into the back forest. I didn't want to look back! I never want to look back, EVER! I just kept running for my life deeper into the forest with my bleeding arm. Even if I didn't know where I was going. I just knew I was running away from those murderers!

It felt like I ran for an eternity until I collapsed onto the ground in exhaustion. I frantically gulp for air as I laid on my back. Everything was starting to get hazy and blurry that I couldn't even see the trees above me.

I start to let go of my injured arm as my eyelids slowly began to fall. And soon enough, I went unconscious in the forest.

~~~~

As my vision focused, I noticed that I wasn't in the forest but on a warm and very comfortable bed. I snuggled into the blanket as the sweet smell of tea and soup met my nose.

It felt like I really was in heaven!

The door of the room suddenly opened with a young man in a white doctors mask carried in a bowel of hot soup on a wooden tray. I slyly peered at him between my squinted eyes as he walked towards me.

He quietly laid down the food on the nightstand and walked back to the door. "Come out after you finish the soup." He suddenly spoke as he knew I was awake. I sighed and uncovered the blanket and sat up as he closed the door behind him.

I grabbed the bowel carefully and stirred the soup suspiciously. "How can I trust him?!" I questioned myself but my hungry stomach said otherwise. 

I sighed as I took a spoonful of the soup. My eyes widened at how good the soup actually was. One after another, I ate the soup in spoonfuls not caring about how I looked like. Even I could see myself looking like a pig, eating the soup in a very hungry manner.

After I took the last spoonful of soup, I curled back into the blankets. My mind suddenly woke up and I remembered about what he said. I grunted and tiredly stood up. I grabbed the food tray but almost dropped it as pain slowly came back to my arm.

I rolled up my bloody sleeve and saw that my injured arm was rolled up in bandages. I gently touch my arm and winced from just slightly touching the bandages.

I grabbed the tray with my other hand and slowly walked to the door. As I opened the door, the warm smell of more soup hit my nose as I saw that this house was actually a small cabin.

"Ahh...that smells good!"

I smiled as I sniffed the air all the way to the open living room.

"Are you done sniffing the invisible molecules?" A sudden voice interrupted.

I looked over at the young guy sitting in the chair reading a book. He didn't even look up at me. I grunted as I just ignored his comment and walked over to the kitchen and left the food tray on the counter.

When I walked back into the living room, he wasn't reading anymore. Instead, he set a table of bandages and tools that looked like only doctors should be using.

"What's all this?!" I questioned nervously.

He didn't look up and just kept placing bandages and towels on the table.

"Just come sit down." He instructed.

I sighed quietly as I moved closer to him and sat down in the stool he instructed me to sit in.

"Lift your shirt." He said as he put on gloves.

I quickly wrapped my arms around my chest in defense. "What?!!" I shouted in disbelief. He suddenly figured out what he just said but didn't change emotions. His eyes just twitched in annoyance.

"I meant......to lift your SHIRT! Sleeeveee!" He grunted.

I eyed him suspiciously as I slowly lifted my shirt sleeve. Once I folded the sleeve up, he grabbed the bandage that was already on my arm and revealed my injured arm.

I looked down and cringed at the sight of my bruised, stitched arm.

How is this EVER going to heal!!! I screamed at myself. I looked in the other direction as he grabbed a tool off the table. Then he slowly started to take out the stitches that sewed the hole in my arm.

I gripped the stool as he took out the final stitches. But before I could breathe out a breath of relief, I felt another pain on my arm.

I turned back and found out he was patting rubbing alcohol onto my open wound. I sighed heavily as I gripped the stool again in pain.