39- A Kiss Goodbye

Elise's Pov
At this point, my arms have gone numb from hanging too long. My arms felt like they were going to rip off my body. "You get used to it after awhile." Chan chuckled as he notices me in pain. I just stayed silent and kept my head down as I tried to ignore him.

"They used to hang me all the time for long periods as punishment when I misbehaved. My parents were always strict, or at least my dad was." Chan sighed as he softly swung back and forth. "Your parents?" I questioned as I lifted my head to look up at him.

"I thought your parents were dead?" Chan just chuckled as he looked at me. "Let me tell you a story. I have a mother and father that used to love each other and they had created a son, which was me. But it seemed like my mother got bored of my father and had cheated on him with his best friend. She played my father for a year before he found out. Once they all knew the truth, my father got so mad that he killed his best friend and lover. He found out about the Devil's Dark Knight's and ended up becoming good friends with the old leader of this pack. Once the old leader had died of old age, my father took the throne of this kingdom." Chan chuckled amusingly. "I was only five-years-old when my dad had become the leader of this entire organization. And of course he made me the next heir to the throne."

As I surprisingly listened to his story, I started to feel a little sympathy for him. "You were forced to be here and grow up in this terrible environment." Chan just replied with a loud laugh. "You think I hate it? I got whatever I wanted and people bowed to me!"

I looked at him with doubt. "By how you treated me in the past and now hearing your story, it makes me a little sad. If your parents never did what they did, you wouldn't be here like this." I saw Chan grip his hands into a fist as he just looked at me with anger. "You don't know what my parents did." He growled through gritted teeth. 

We both stared at each other in silence until we heard some groaning beside us. "Changbin!" I swung my legs to be able to get a glance at him. "Are you alright Changbin?!" Chan pretended to frantically ask about his well-being.

Changbin didn't say anything as he coughed up blood. A soft "never felt better" left his lips as he coughed up more blood and groaned in pain.

"Don't move Changbin! The others will be here soon!" Chan continued pretending to struggle with his chains. My blood started to boil as I saw what Chan was doing and my mind went through all the memories of when Chan pretended to care about me and the other boys. I stayed silent before anything unwanted came out and causes the boys to be endangered.

We all jumped as sudden shouting and thuds echoed through the door. Within seconds, the door swung open to revel people dressed in black with black masks.

"Elise!" One of them ran up to me and revealed his familiar face. "Felix...." Tears ran down my face as I breathed a sigh of relief seeing his face.

"Let's get you guys down." Felix motioned for the other guys dressed in black to help Chan and Changbin down while Felix tried to help me.

Once Felix had finally set my arms free, my limp arms automatically wrapped themselves around Felix and tightly embraced him. "Thank you for being safe." Tears continued to stream down my face as he also tightly embraced me. "Thank you for being alive." He softly replied as we stayed in the same position for a few more seconds.

"We need to hurry and join the others to help fight." Felix let's go of our embrace and instead, places his hand into mine. "Let's go." He instructs the others as we all helped each other out of the room.

"Over here! There's a secret passage that not a lot of people know about." One of the members in black pulled us to a side hallway. They pulled down a torch attached to the wall to open up a secret door right next to it.

We all quickly scurried in the tunnel and followed the ex-members who used to be a part of this cult. As we quickly ran through the damp and dark tunnels, I continued to grip Felix's hand harder as I felt a bad feeling in my stomach.

After running for what felt like an eternity, we finally stopped at an exit. "This leads straight into a main hallway and then it leads straight into the throne room where the leader should be." The leader of the group had stated as he moved aside for Felix and me to walk by.

"Alright....I need two of you guys to stay with these three while the other three comes with me to help fight." Felix instructs. I quickly clasped my other hand to the hand holding Felix's.

He already knew what I was worried about and softly held both my hands in his. "Don't worry." He smiled as he brushes my hair aside. "I will stay alive....I want to have a future with you."

My eyes widened as tears started to fall from my eyes. "Felix...." He gripped my hands tightly as he tried to hold back his own tears. "Whatever happens, do NOT come out there. Stay in this tunnel with the others until I come back for you guys." Felix gives me a quick smile and then cups my cheeks and gives me a quick peck on the forehead.

"Are you really Felix?" A joke automatically came out of my mouth as I was surprised by his unusual actions. Felix just smiles as he wipes my tears with his thumb. "No, I'm Elise's lover." He jokes back, which catches me off guard. "Stay safe." He gives one more quick kiss on the forehead before turning to run out.

"Wait-!" I grabbed Felix's arm. "You have to promise me to come back alive." I held out my pinky towards him. He just puts on a soft smile and locks our picky's together. "I promise." Without another word, Felix and three other members run out of the hidden tunnel.

Everything that happened in that second just froze in time as the door to the secret room closes. The last thing I saw was Felix's back running towards a battle like I've never seen before. But the one thing that I will remember is the soft touch of Felix's lips.