New group

Low self esteem in appearance warning as well as getting bullied for it.

Miraleigh's family is very chaotic, she has her father William and then her mother Nora. William is barely around and Nora lives with her new husband and child. Miraleigh hasn't seen her mother since she was eight, Nora was sick of William never being there and wished she could've taken Miraleigh but William somehow won custody of his daughter. Half the time, Miraleigh honestly wishes she was with her mum. Nora was a good mother and Miraleigh believes she would've had a better life than she currently does. She walked down to the mini market to grab some things to make a quick dinner. She looked to see Miguel, she smiled lightly at him and walked closer to the boy.

"So, how are you?" He asked and looked at the bottle in his hand, then placed it back on the rack.

"Miguel, don't worry." She reassured him, he grabbed the bottle back in his hands.

"It's for my grandma, just saying." She giggled slightly and shook her head.

"I wouldn't make fun of anyone who was buying that stuff." He nodded and looked at the stuff in her hands.

"You really do seem really nice." He complimented.

"Thank you." She quietly whispered and walked up to the counter. There was a middle aged blonde dude asking for some pizza. The guy at the register ignored him and turned to Miraleigh with a smile.

"MJ! Nice to see you!" He exclaimed happily as he scanned the things she got and looked at her.

"Nestor, nice to see you as well." She grinned as she handed him some money and waved goodbye to him.

"I'll see you at school Miguel." Miraleigh gently said to him and walked back home, she made dinner for herself and turned on the tv that only had a VCR player. She grabbed a tape and placed it in, she was watching the Breakfast Club. One of my all time favourite movies, she finished her dinner and washed the dishes. She sat on the couch and grabbed a book. She read over the words, flinching when the door slammed shut.

"I'll be out all tonight and tomorrow." She meekly nodded and watched him walk back out. She placed on her headphones and started listening to music. It was a coping method to block out all the pain and heartache.

The next day, Miraleigh was at school not in the greatest mood. She carefully placed her work books in her locker and grabbed a new set for a different class. She closed the locker, turned around and jumped to see Samantha LaRusso.

"If you're here to make my life hell, don't bother. My day is already shit." Miraleigh sadly told Sam, who just shook her head handed Miraleigh a gift bag. Miraleigh's eyebrows furrowed, confused. She placed her books down and grabbed the bag. Her eyes widened seeing that it was a new copy of the book Yasmine destroyed yesterday.

"I thought you'd want a new copy, I know I hang out with them and it makes me seem horrible but I am a good person." Sam gently said, Miraleigh smiled lightly, placing the bag in her locker.

"Thank you, um I think you're right you know. I think you are nice, just hanging out with the wrong people." Miraleigh spoke and picked up her stuff, she held her books close to her chest. Looking down as she walked off, she could feel someone walking at her side. She slightly looked up and saw Miguel.

"So, how was class?" He asked, she couldn't help but be shocked because no one ever notices her unless it's for bad reasons.

"Oh, it was alright. How about you?" She quietly asked.

"It was good, those guys over there are assholes." He had a worried look in his eyes, Miraleigh coping his look.

"That's Kyler, A.J. Rory and Brucks." She explained to him, he nodded and gulped looking down as they saw them and walked over.

"Rhea! Pimples!" Kyler exclaimed laughing, Miraleigh looked down ready to be walked on like a door mat.

"Not so safe now, are we rhea? No drunken bum to save you, pimples. Heard you got fired, is your dad out of town again?" She looked up at him and then whimpered as he pushed her down to the ground. She took a deep breath and then got back up, Kyler smirked at her and then glared at the two.

"Until next time." He and his group of assholes ran off shoving both of them down. She winced once more and stood up, she looked at everyone who just stared and she felt embarrassed as well as upset. Miraleigh helped Miguel up, walked past him and off to class. She sat at her desk, only slightly paying attention to the lesson.

It was lunch, Miguel pretty much dragged the girl to sit with some of his friends. Eli and Demetri, Eli was pretty quiet didn't speak much and unlike most she didn't stare at his lip. In all honesty it didn't bother her and it shouldn't bother anyone else. Demetri on the other hand was really annoying, she didn't mind his comic or fanboy talk but everything else was just annoying. She tried to be polite, engage into conversation but she just wasn't use to it. She wanted to be able to be use to it, she wish she was and wished she had friends. But Miraleigh didn't, she never did. All the people she has tried to be friends with ditch her or hurt her in some way and was just sick of trying.

"So, Miraleigh I hear you work at the movie theatre." Demetri said, she bit her tongue and shook her head.

"I got fired yesterday." She said and stood up, she swung her bag over her shoulder and walked out. School would hopefully be over soon and everything would just be a little better. She was looking at herself in the bathroom mirror and sighed. She looked at her acne flare up, hating it. See she had acne on her cheeks, some were clearly visible and others were visible if you were having a close up conversation with the girl. It wasn't serve, she would say a little bit more than mild acne. Miraleigh hated it and wished she didn't have acne. It made her feel icky most days, she looked in the smudgy mirror and turned around to see Yasmine. She smirked at the quiet girl and pretended to gag.

"Who would want to date you? You're ugly, the acne is revolting. Your body is revolting, you are revolting." Her words hit Miraleigh like a truck, she wasn't skinny nor was she overly overweight. She was just slightly overweight, she looked down feeling horrible and then back at Yasmine.

"The only reason why someone would date you is because they got something from it." She hissed at Miraleigh, she looked at Yasmine and somehow got herself into a corner. She smirked and slapped Miraleigh's cheek before walking out. She slid down on the ground, bringing her knees up to her chest and buried her head into her knees.

"Miraleigh?" She looked up and saw Sam, she stood up grabbed her bag and walked past Sam. She left the bathroom and went off to a classroom, Miraleigh was in the computer labs. Typing some things up, she kept watching the clock desperate for the final bell to go. She wanted to curl up in bed and just cry, she wanted to run away and start over.

"Hey Miraleigh!" Miguel shouted and ran over to her, Miraleigh looked at him with a sad smile and sighed.

"How was school?" She asked as they walked out of the building.

"It was good, are you alright? You just left a lunch." She nodded biting her tongue and saw her dad's car. He never comes to pick her up, so she was just confused

"I have to go, I'll see you later." She said quietly, walking to the car and hopped in.

"What are you doing here?" She whispered.

"Plans changed, just be glad I'm taking you home." He said, driving away from the school and to the apartment block.